LUIS ALBERTO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Penguins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:15 pm wrote:It's the strategy many smaller clubs apply, the scattergun effect.
Something might hit...

With the slight difference of smaller clubs not using 30 million to spray the bullets around.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Penguins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 pm wrote:It's the strategy many smaller clubs apply, the scattergun effect.
Something might hit...

Rather risky expensive strategy
Benny The Noon

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:06 pm

well, we can only hope it works, not much else to do.
Pacheco and Suso did well in youth tournaments for Spain and they failed to break into the team.
What makes Alberto different I wonder?
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Suso is not even 20 yet and played a decent amount of first team games so not sure why you mention him
?

In fact Suso is younger than Alberto yet played more first team games in the top league !
Benny The Noon

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:21 pm

I just mean that both of them are promising spanish young players that are/were on our books.
What makes Alberto the one that is so much better?
Performing in segunda?
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:43 pm

"I provide assists and in the penalty area I score goals."

This is key for me. We need more players in the squad that play in the 4 most attacking positions and contribute with both goals and assists.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:06 pm

good young player,  may just surprise  a few.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm

redno7 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:06 am wrote:good young player,  may just surprise  a few.

For the fee we paid for him I sure as hell hope he does.

No Benny did not hack into my account.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm not sure many have actually seen him play bar a few you tube vids.

Got to be something special for the price being paid
Benny The Noon

Postby RedHands » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Trust the scouting team. They did a really good job in January and I've been impressed with out targets so far.

An expensive strategy (rather than trying to get good deals on underrated players) is to spend 100m on 'proven', untalented, premier league players. I prefer to look to spain to pick up good players on the cheap and on low wages. Sometime it works out  and sometime it doesn't, but its a lot safer than blowing your entire kitty on huge signings on massive wages.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:51 pm

RedHands » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:06 pm wrote:Trust the scouting team. They did a really good job in January and I've been impressed with out targets so far.

An expensive strategy (rather than trying to get good deals on underrated players) is to spend 100m on 'proven', untalented, premier league players. I prefer to look to spain to pick up good players on the cheap and on low wages. Sometime it works out  and sometime it doesn't, but its a lot safer than blowing your entire kitty on huge signings on massive wages.

that all sounds well and good but the chances of putting together a team that is going to challenge for the top honours in the game with that sort of philosophy are not very good.
thats putting it mildly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:21 pm

All I've seen is what's been reported and the usual accounts we get from the youtube internet scouts. Supposedly he had an excellent season for Barca B last season scoring more than his fair share of goals and having a hand in many more, so there is that to recommend him. Less encouraging is the fact that he's 20, has next to no top flight experience in Spain never mind a foreign league and, depending on which reports you read, has cost us anywhere between £5m and £8.5m and from a club in financial difficulty. Hopefully he's one we've really done our homework on otherwise it will be hard to justify spending that kind of money, especially as there are more important areas of the squad that need strengthening.
LFC2007

Postby crim cram » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:57 pm

I think the reason for the price tag is other clubs started sniffing around, LFC had already targeted him and pulled the trigger instead of trying to get the price down.  It may or may not be a good piece of business, i have no idea.  It seems like we have a lot of these kind of players and the defense is still a bit of a disaster.  The money needs to go into defenders who can play in BR's system.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Brendan Rodgers’ football philosophy was key to my Anfield move, says Luis Alberto

Brendan Rodgers' football philosophy was key to Luis Alberto swapping La Liga for Liverpool FC.

The new Reds signing completed his £6m switch on Saturday after a hugely successful season in Spain which saw him score 11 and create a further 17 goals.

And the 20-year-old believes the style of play Rodgers is introducing at Anfield will help him make a smooth transition between the two football cultures.

"I came to the club because of the manager,” explained Alberto in his first interview since signing. “I came here because of the style of football he plays.

“I don’t have a favourite position – it depends on the team’s tactics really. I like to move about and I don’t mind where I play.

“I like to play with freedom. I’m a technical player. I provide assists and in the penalty area I score goals.”

Boss Rodgers was just as confident Alberto can quickly make the transition.

“He has the correct footballing profile and mentality to be a Liverpool player,” said the Reds boss.

“I look forward to working with him to develop his talent and he joins a group of young exciting players at our club.

“He’s another Coutinho-type. We brought in young Philippe Coutinho in January when he was 20 years of age but he had good experience and more importantly fitted the profile of what we’re trying to do here and what we’re trying to build.

“Young Luis is exactly the same – a talented, very highly-rated young player when he was at Sevilla, but obviously spent last season at Barcelona B.

“He’s a big talent and one for now that can play. He’s got competitive games behind him and is one we see progressing over the next few years.

“Importantly, he knows the type of game and model we’re trying to work in.”

After operating in the Spanish Second Division for Barcelona’s B team last season, Alberto admitted he was ecstatic at the opportunity he had been given by Rodgers.

Barca declined to take up their option to sign the youngster and Liverpool, who have monitored his performances for some time, swooped.

The youngster, however, admitted he had been taken by surprise by the Reds’ interest.

“I was surprised,” he admitted. “You never expect this to happen to you. But as the deal moved forward, I became very happy and I wanted to come to Liverpool.

“I feel like I’m in a bubble at the moment.

“For me Liverpool is a top team. I feel like I am dreaming and I want to enjoy it to the full.

“I feel very excited, I’ve never felt so excited before but I’m very happy. I think I am the happiest man on earth.

“I have come here to enjoy moments with the supporters – and I know the supporters will help me to never walk alone.

“I hope that between us all we can make this club one of the greatest in the world, once again.”

Alberto came through Sevilla’s academy and made his first-team debut in April 2011 before going out on loan.

He is already relishing the opportunity to play at Anfield in front of the Kop.

“The first thing I would like to do is play at Anfield and I would love to score a goal on my debut,” he said. “My aim is for the team to finish as high as possible. It’s an adventure which I want to enjoy to the maximum.

“I learned quite a lot at Barcelona. It has a very good philosophy. You learn a lot from a football point of view. You also learn a lot about how to behave on and off the field.

“But Liverpool is a good challenge, knowing the Spanish players that played here set a high standard and I too want to do the same.

“Melwood is another world, but it is beautiful and an ideal place to work and to continue to progress.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-football-philosophy-key-4702757
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:34 pm

I am well pleased with the signings so far. Good, grounded, level headed young men who want to play for the shirt and the fans and have respect for the club and the manager.
The futures bright...
:nod
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion