LUIS ALBERTO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:53 pm

the price does seem rather on the steep side but i`m more excited about this lad arriving than aspas or atsu. he seems to have that balance and poise that is the hallmark of a quality player where as aspas and atsu seem to be hard running head down types.
i think he could be a terrific signing.
i can understand why people are questioning the fee though, it seems odd that we`ve forked out the best part of £20m on alberto, aspas and by the sounds of it atsu and at the same time baulked at the £17m asking price for one of the best young CB`s in europe.
anyway, welcome to the club luis lad, hopefully you`ll be our king luis the second.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:50 pm

I think his price is 5 million.

Anyway, welcome lad.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:33 pm

welcome to Liverpool.  may you give your all for the shirt with the liver bird on. 

fuk the doubters on here. 

crack on
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Welcome lad and give em hell
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Sabre » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 am wrote:Sounds like a rip off to me, the guy has barely played in La Liga and isnt known as one of the standouts from the spain under 21 team, im sure he has some potential but that fee seems extortionate especially when were refusing to pay top dollar for actual proven top players. Seriously LFC the mind boggles, ive given up with us ever doing good business in the transfer market  :Oo:

This is what worries me, not the football side of the club, but the money. I think Liverpool CAN challenge for titles. But for that you have to spend wisely not like Citeh or Manure!

With 8M you can go to Valencia F.C., and pick one of their best players, they're desperate to find 25M to be able to pay the wages of players, the situation is that bad. And when someone needs money desperately, you must take advantage of that. Here you talk about 5M quid like a modest sum, but in Spain, it's a little fortune in the football these days.

In a nutshell, when I see people at Sevilla rubbing hands with the deal, I can't be happy

100% agree there are numerous teams around the globe, a lot of them quite big clubs as well who are struggling financially where we could pick up experienced and talented players for modest prices, but do we ever do it? no! thats far too obvious and easy. Most teams in Spain and Italy are ripe for the picking, but when the mugs who spent £35mil on Andy Carroll come calling every chairman/owner in the world knows to ask for some silly amount because LFC are stupid enough to pay. We need to be getting proven quality and paying the right prices, this team is in need of players to go into the starting 11 we have plenty of young up and comers on the fringes, we need to invest our resources into buying  a max of 4 quality players. We can still offer better wages than most teams on the continent tobe able to tempt players here.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Welcome to the club.  Let's hope we've got another young shocker like Coutinho here, and we'll be in Europe in no time!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Red Focus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:00 pm

I am happy we've signed this young lad from Seville. If he does break into Liverpool first team and can repeat his Barcelona B form in the PL, that would be fantastic. Because his performance at Barca B was like half Gerrard (score from long range) and half Coutinho (hits telling passes). But like an unripe fruit, he could be too young for PL action. I know he's the same age as Coutinho but Coutinho had seen first team action in Italian and Spanish leagues prior to signing for LIverpool, Alberto hasn't yet. So like Yesil, J.Ibe, J.Sinclair, he could be only another one for the future. I am happy for his signing but I'm not over excited about it yet.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:06 pm

I thought this guy played for Sevilla last season and was on loan from Barce ? Has he not been playing in La Liga ?
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:06 pm wrote:I thought this guy played for Sevilla last season and was on loan from Barce ? Has he not been playing in La Liga ?

Opposite. Sevilla's player on loan at Barcelona B (Segunda Division). No top flight experience.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Oh right - and we are paying £8mil for him ?
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 pm wrote:Oh right - and we are paying £8mil for him ?

I think (and hope) that is only 5m. Don't want to be negative but I'm not too thrilled with this signing no matter what the signing fee is. I would much rather give a chance to the kids we already have, Sterling, Suso, Ibe, Yesill etc.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:55 pm

We do have lots of very talented young attacking players - Suso , Ibe , Sterling etc and if these players go on loan whilst we spend millions bringing in other youngsters then I can't understand the strategy. Why spend money on areas where we have talented youngsters waiting for their chance ? I thought this Alberto was a Barce product and we were stealing him away !
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, the situation with our transfers can be summed up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfESWR7gBs
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:55 pm wrote:We do have lots of very talented young attacking players - Suso , Ibe , Sterling etc and if these players go on loan whilst we spend millions bringing in other youngsters then I can't understand the strategy. Why spend money on areas where we have talented youngsters waiting for their chance ? I thought this Alberto was a Barce product and we were stealing him away !

Exactly.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 pm

It's the strategy many smaller clubs apply, the scattergun effect.
Something might hit...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion