Luis Diaz Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:15 am

When he arrived in Jan he looked really good, blended in well and didn't have much pressure because he was rotated with Mane.

I feel since his taken over the mantle on the left his gradually dipped. No real competition and let's be Frank his not world class. Like electrum said, we were spoilt with Mane.

Last season though he did miss aot of games due to injury.

If Salah is injured I've got no confidence in the other lot.

Before we had Salah, Mane, Firmino and Divock. When one was injured we could easily rely on the others.

Gakpo,Nunez and Diaz are not on those lads level.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:45 pm

Mo, Bobby and Sadio were an all time great front line like Rush & Dalglish and Keegan & Toshack, it’s a tadge unrealistic to expect us to keep on pulling attacks of that quality out of the hat.
Our front 3 clearly aren’t firing on all cylinders atm but as a team we are still scoring regularly enough and in sufficient quantities to get us to the top at Christmas.  Diaz and Nunez are good players who are out of form but that won’t be the case forever
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:36 pm

Agreed that Diaz isn't at Mane's level, not world class BUT I still think he's a top player. If he could add more goals to his play we might change our opinion.

Have to wonder, if we didn't have him , who in the current squad in better in his role ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby electrum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:09 pm

Woof , on the left we could have Jota with Nunez central or even vice versa.

I may be wrong but didn't Gakpo play on the left wing sometimes for his previous club / Holland.

If all are fit my first choice front 3 is Jota , Nunez (central), Salah with  Nunez interchanging with the other two periodically during the match to keep the oppo defence on its toes.

Jota is the most clinical finisher we have IMO and far more of a goal threat than Diaz.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:54 pm

electrum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:09 pm wrote:Woof , on the left we could have Jota with Nunez central or even vice versa.

I may be wrong but didn't Gakpo play on the left wing sometimes for his previous club / Holland.

If all are fit my first choice front 3 is Jota , Nunez (central), Salah with  Nunez interchanging with the other two periodically during the match to keep the oppo defence on its toes.

Jota is the most clinical finisher we have IMO and far more of a goal threat than Diaz.

Fair comment mate, food for thought  :)

If I had more faith in Nunez's ability to cross a ball , with his pace, I'd be happy to see him on the left of our front three with Jota down the middle.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:58 pm

I forgot about Jota lol, yup I definitely agree his the best finisher uptop besides Salah, his number have dried though recently.

If Nunez was better uptop we'd have one hell of a beast. I'm a huge fan of him but boy can he miss sitters.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion