LUIS ALBERTO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:14 am

Welcome to best club in the world  :)

Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Spanish forward Luis Alberto from Sevilla, subject to international clearance.

The 20-year-old, who can play anywhere across the attacking line, has penned a long-term contract after passing a medical at Melwood.

He spent the 2012-13 campaign on loan at Barcelona B, where he notched an impressive 11 goals - and was devastating with his creativity, providing 17 assists in 38 appearances.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers said: "We are all delighted that Luis has decided to join Liverpool.

"He has the correct footballing profile and mentality to be a Liverpool player.

"I look forward to working with him to develop his talent and he joins a group of young exciting players at our club."

The Spaniard has represented his country at three different age levels. He has turned out for the U18s, U19s and made his U21s bow against Belgium in February.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... berto-deal
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:29 am

Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Luis , "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"

YNWA

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/ayre-luis-was-top-of-our-list
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:46 am

Good signing - Welcome and Good luck
Benny The Noon

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 pm

The only thing I don't like about this lad is his experience and his price. 8M is a very important sum of money, and it's very rare to pay that for a lad who's experience is not in primera division.

But, I'm just a football fan, and Liverpool have scouting professionals. I just think that if Liverpool had some barter and waiting, he could have come for 3M. Good luck!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 pm

£8mil ?! Blimey that is a big price
Benny The Noon

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:02 am wrote:£8mil ?! Blimey that is a big price

Let me check the currency...

Reports say it's 10M € so that's about 8.5M quid. Too much. Liverpool got a player like Alonso for 11M + variables depending on the games played, and in that moment he had already made an impact in La liga. And back then the Spanish clubs weren't that bankrupt.

Aspas, for instance, is a player that has proven himself both in segunda and primera, his fee is more understandable. My worry is about the club finances, I don't know up there, but here some classic clubs are dissapearing. Not just relegated, but gone. Debt is a bad enemy.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Seems like a fair chunk of money for this lad and the Barcelona link is red herring
given he was in their Championship side.

Essentially we have signed a Championship level player and I would hazard a guess
the Spanish equivalent is a weaker division than ours.

According to Ayre, Alberto was a main target which in itself is concern because we
do need more proven quality than this to progress next year surely.

With so much money throw at 'promising' talent over the years its hard to get too
excited at this point, but for once I hope this kid is the real deal and can make a big
contribution for us next season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 pm

That's nearly £20mil on Aspas and Alberto ?! That's a lot of money
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Sounds like a rip off to me, the guy has barely played in La Liga and isnt known as one of the standouts from the spain under 21 team, im sure he has some potential but that fee seems extortionate especially when were refusing to pay top dollar for actual proven top players. Seriously LFC the mind boggles, ive given up with us ever doing good business in the transfer market  :Oo:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Sabre » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 pm wrote:The only thing I don't like about this lad is his experience and his price. 8M is a very important sum of money, and it's very rare to pay that for a lad who's experience is not in primera division.

But, I'm just a football fan, and Liverpool have scouting professionals. I just think that if Liverpool had some barter and waiting, he could have come for 3M. Good luck!

Price aside,  I'm concerned that the player only got 7 first team appearances during 3 years with Seville and that after a season on loan with Barcelona B team Barca decided not to pick up the option to sign him.

To be fair I've never seen the lad play, maybe there's something about him that others have missed ?. Here's hoping.

Welcome to Liverpool Alberto.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 am wrote:Sounds like a rip off to me, the guy has barely played in La Liga and isnt known as one of the standouts from the spain under 21 team, im sure he has some potential but that fee seems extortionate especially when were refusing to pay top dollar for actual proven top players. Seriously LFC the mind boggles, ive given up with us ever doing good business in the transfer market  :Oo:

This is what worries me, not the football side of the club, but the money. I think Liverpool CAN challenge for titles. But for that you have to spend wisely not like Citeh or Manure!

With 8M you can go to Valencia F.C., and pick one of their best players, they're desperate to find 25M to be able to pay the wages of players, the situation is that bad. And when someone needs money desperately, you must take advantage of that. Here you talk about 5M quid like a modest sum, but in Spain, it's a little fortune in the football these days.

In a nutshell, when I see people at Sevilla rubbing hands with the deal, I can't be happy
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Sabre » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 am wrote:Sounds like a rip off to me, the guy has barely played in La Liga and isnt known as one of the standouts from the spain under 21 team, im sure he has some potential but that fee seems extortionate especially when were refusing to pay top dollar for actual proven top players. Seriously LFC the mind boggles, ive given up with us ever doing good business in the transfer market  :Oo:

This is what worries me, not the football side of the club, but the money. I think Liverpool CAN challenge for titles. But for that you have to spend wisely not like Citeh or Manure!

With 8M you can go to Valencia F.C., and pick one of their best players, they're desperate to find 25M to be able to pay the wages of players, the situation is that bad. And when someone needs money desperately, you must take advantage of that. Here you talk about 5M quid like a modest sum, but in Spain, it's a little fortune in the football these days.

In a nutshell, when I see people at Sevilla rubbing hands with the deal, I can't be happy

Firstly ,the heartiest of welcomes back to the forum lad ,secondly in terms of genuine ability and fitting seamlessly
into the Rodgers blueprint, is Luis Alberto capable of such integration as quickly as Liverpool would like ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:59 pm

I hope this works but signing another young player with potential? However I trust the manager in what he's doing and hope that this player can break into the first team soon. I also hope that some more experienced players will join in this window.
friendlyguy33

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Red Beer Goggles:

With Aspas I could wager, see his temper, reckon his quality as a very good companion for a true striker (he isn't one) and say yes.

With Luis Alberto, I come here to try and be honest, so I have to say I have no f*cking idea mate. The videos are promising but the leap from segunda division to a top european side is enormous. I hope it's a bet of a sharp eye at Melwood, and not a gamble based on a few positive reports, because 8M is more money than you should pay for a gamble
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Sabre » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:03 pm wrote:Red Beer Goggles:

With Aspas I could wager, see his temper, reckon his quality as a very good companion for a true striker (he isn't one) and say yes.

With Luis Alberto, I come here to try and be honest, so I have to say I have no f*cking idea mate. The videos are promising but the leap from segunda division to a top european side is enormous. I hope it's a bet of a sharp eye at Melwood, and not a gamble based on a few positive reports, because 8M is more money than you should pay for a gamble

Cheers mate

There are whispers that Liverpool have kept a close watch on his development as
far back as when Benitez was at the club. I think personally Rodgers sees him as
the perfect example for the "false no. 9 he seems intent on employing in an attempt
to mimic Barcelona.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion