Luis Diaz Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:54 am

It appears there might have been a shootout with police during the course of which the mother of Luis Diaz was released but his father remains in captivity.

The complication here is the kidnappers might have taken him over the border to Venezuela.

Kidnapping is a crime that was absolutely common in Colombia during times of the armed guerrilla movement. It was a way for them to raise funds.

That time has gone now, it is now low-level criminals doing this, but this is indeed a very worrying time.

This is a country absolutely traumatised by this kind of thing. The mood in Colombia is a mixture of revulsion and a little bit of shame that this aspect of Colombian life is yet again being talked about by the global press.

There is another side of Colombia, it is not just the bad things you read. Unfortunately, after making massive progress on this issue the world is now reading again negative headlines about Colombia - which is the cause of this revulsion and shame in the country.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:17 pm

Looking at the area on Google Earth it looks very rugged and right next door to Venezuela, it going to be tough going into the jungle and finding him. Only way I see him getting free is if they pay the ransom. He’s not going to be able to play to his ability until this gets sorted.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:01 pm

The Colombian government says that the father of Liverpool footballer Luis Díaz was kidnapped by left-wing rebels of the National Liberation Army (ELN).
Luis Manuel Díaz was seized at gunpoint along with his wife on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-67300987

Hope he is found soon, must be a tough time for Luis, family comes first.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:15 pm

His dad has been released to UN officials, made up for Luis.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:15 pm wrote:His dad has been released to UN officials, made up for Luis.

He’ll get a hatrick today
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:31 pm

Delighted to read this just now.
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:46 am

2 goals against Brazil in a WC qualifier. Kudos to Lucho
Pity it was Alison in goal though
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:41 pm

Reading this morning that Diaz's dad is talking up a Barcelona 'love affair' - personally, I think it's not the right thing to be saying, but who am I to judge?
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:40 pm

I might be in a minority here, but Diaz isn't good enough. I'd move him on whenever someone offers us our money back and sign someone who can beat their man.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:49 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:40 pm wrote:I might be in a minority here, but Diaz isn't good enough. I'd move him on whenever someone offers us our money back and sign someone who can beat their man.

During the course of the season I think you've pretty much listed half the squad as not being good enough and needing moving on. Yet we sit top of the table. Your can't have a squad made up of 25 world class players.
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:15 pm

Our core is good enough. And we have some promising youngsters.

But in my opinion, we need a new centre back, defensive midfielder and forward.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:37 pm

I'm hoping Diaz is just going through a bad patch in terms of form but he is definitely worrying me.

All he seems to do at the moment is get the ball and start running across the width of the pitch at a slight angle with no real purpose or intent.

He is a 7/10 on his best days whereas Mane was a 9.5/10 when on his game. We have dropped the standard big time on the left wing.

It seems that since his dad mentioned the Barcelona love in he has had a major dip in his output.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:51 am

electrum » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:37 pm wrote:I'm hoping Diaz is just going through a bad patch in terms of form but he is definitely worrying me.

All he seems to do at the moment is get the ball and start running across the width of the pitch at a slight angle with no real purpose or intent.

He is a 7/10 on his best days whereas Mane was a 9.5/10 when on his game. We have dropped the standard big time on the left wing.

It seems that since his dad mentioned the Barcelona love in he has had a major dip in his output.

I think a combination of that and his father being kidnapped. We got spoiled watching Mane on the left, it was always going to be a hard replacement.

I think especially South American players, if their head is not right there level drops substantially and I don’t think he looks happy. Probably the weather and missing his Spanish speaking world. To be honest I think unacceptable as he is getting paid and needs to find a way. Whereas Nunes looks to be over trying, I don’t get that sense with Diaz, he just looks moody all the time.

I also noticed he’s been caught offside quite a few times, that is more about laziness getting back or lack of intensity.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:37 am

Diaz has been displaying all the tendencies of a very average one trick pony for quite some time.  The problem just hasn’t started as a result of family problems. If Barcelona came in with a decent offer at the moment, I wouldn’t hesitate to take it. Let’s face it the club have given him an incredible amount of support and for a story to start circulating about his desire to go to Barcelona is wrong in so many ways. Obviously we don’t know exactly what his father said but it would appear that he certainly said something. There have been absolutely no denials from the Diaz camp. We went through a saga of this kind with Cutinho, who in my opinion was a far better player. Sorry Diaz, but if your heart is set on Barcelona, rather than Liverpool, then off you trot !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:14 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:37 am wrote:Diaz has been displaying all the tendencies of a very average one trick pony for quite some time.  The problem just hasn’t started as a result of family problems. If Barcelona came in with a decent offer at the moment, I wouldn’t hesitate to take it. Let’s face it the club have given him an incredible amount of support and for a story to start circulating about his desire to go to Barcelona is wrong in so many ways. Obviously we don’t know exactly what his father said but it would appear that he certainly said something. There have been absolutely no denials from the Diaz camp. We went through a saga of this kind with Cutinho, who in my opinion was a far better player. Sorry Diaz, but if your heart is set on Barcelona, rather than Liverpool, then off you trot !!

Says my dream is to play for Barcelona then he ends taking the money and going to Saudi, I would not be surprised. Let’s face it, football players are 90% mercenary
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion