ALBERTO AQUILANI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 pm wrote:Sell the lot of them and start again
:glare:

Except jay spearing. You always need a hobbit as a mascot.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 pm wrote:Sell the lot of them and start again
:glare:

That might just be BR's plan.

Bring in a bucketload of quality players on loan  :wwww
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm

There is no denying a fit Aquilani is a quality player ,and it seems he's playing out of his skin for Florentina .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 pm

WHAT possessed you to resurrect this thread ?
his link with LFC is dead, like the parrot in the Monty Python sketch
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 pm wrote:

There is no denying a fit Aquilani is a quality player ,and it seems he's playing out of his skin for Florentina .

I have seen that fat manc cu'nt rooney do a lot less than that and be called "world class"
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:WHAT possessed you to resurrect this thread ?

Why not ? Its a welcome distraction from reading the repetitive bollocks that comes from the cranks who continually slate Rodgers .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:23 pm wrote:

I have seen that fat manc cu'nt rooney do a lot less than that and be called "world class"

They took AC Milan apart ,and Aquilani was imperious in Florentina's midfield .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 pm

it`s relevant when we spent over half of our transfer budget on 2 centre mids (allen, sahin) and at the same time aquilani was released for nothing, and imo aquilani looked far more creative than the pair of them put together.
to be fair to allen when he was played in that screening defensive role when lucas was injured he looked very good but since he`s been pushed further forward and asked to contribute creatively he looks way out of his depth.
aquilani wasnt the strongest but when he got the ball in an attacking position he could see a pass, he had vision, allen just looks to offload it sideways and backwards even on the edge of the opposition box.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:27 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:23 pm wrote:

They took AC Milan apart ,and Aquilani was imperious in Florentina's midfield .

I could have scored those....  :rasp
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 pm wrote:it`s relevant when we spent over half of our transfer budget on 2 centre mids (allen, sahin) and at the same time aquilani was released for nothing, and imo aquilani looked far more creative than the pair of them put together.
to be fair to allen when he was played in that screening defensive role when lucas was injured he looked very good but since he`s been pushed further forward and asked to contribute creatively he looks way out of his depth.
aquilani wasnt the strongest but when he got the ball in an attacking position he could see a pass, he had vision, allen just looks to offload it sideways and backwards even on the edge of the opposition box.

aqualani would easily have bagged half the goal chances our front men have missed this season and although he wasnt the hardest he was still stronger than sterling,suso and sahin and would have improved the squad.
i thought he was our best player preseason and looked like he wanted to be here but most will probably say he didnt. his contract was basically ripped up and he was allowed to leave when he could have been kept as a squad player.we gained nothing but a weakened squad letting him go.
allen in fairness has played a lot of football and probably does need a rest as he did play 44 games last season and then the olympics and straight into our season where he has played most games. i think he is a decent little player but again we overpaid and it would be hard to ever see him leaving here for a profit. the deal for sahin was ridiculous and worse seen as he's a bench warmer.
there are no football people making decisions at this club and havent been for a long time so maybe having a dof wouldnt have been such a bad thing after all.
there needs to be a proper board set up asap because we are our own worst enemy when it comes to buying and selling players.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:26 am

Reg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am wrote:I could have scored those....  :rasp

Reg you're a cyclist ,lets not get giddy .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:01 am

Aquilani would have six months off for the task of kicking a ball. He wouldnt have scored those goals, he would add to the wage bill and the medics bill. The guy, whatever way you look at it, is fragile as f*ck.

However, we have Downing...

By christ we have made some cr*p signings....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:26 am wrote:
Reg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am wrote:I could have scored those....  :rasp

Reg you're a cyclist ,lets not get giddy .

And I wouldn't have needed to get off my bike either!  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:08 am

Aquilani is the one that got away, and no amount of ***** about him being made of glass or a hypochondriac will change the fact that he is a class player and we are crying out for someone like him.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:46 pm wrote:it`s relevant when we spent over half of our transfer budget on 2 centre mids (allen, sahin) and at the same time aquilani was released for nothing, and imo aquilani looked far more creative than the pair of them put together.

Aquilani was not released for nothing. Aquilani was sold for £7m and did not want to be in England - SIMPLES !!  I don't understand why people keep going on about him. He was an expensive injury prone mistake.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext