LUIS ALBERTO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:38 am

eds » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:56 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:50 am wrote:
We've done the other approach and spent massive, it got us 8th.

Our spending over the last lot of summers has been ordinary to say the least and we've spunked money like there has been no tomorrow.

I'm not surprised (with our poor transfer record) FSG are trying a different approach.

Kenny Kan that was under a totally different management, making poor mistakes on "local talent" costing us millions and in turn in delivering very little.

Despite this, we still managed to buy Suarez who was our only shining light as transfers under Kenny and Commolli.

With a "scatter gun" approach you would never got someone of his quality like that to begin with.

As fans, we have put our total trust in Brendan to NOT REPEAT the mistakes of the past, yet its a different set of of rules for the owners when it comes to "backing" him?

I don't buy this whole Kenny made monumental mistakes so Brendan needs to be punished for it. No, if he is our manager he needs to be backed with the funds to bring us back to 4th and beyond this push for a title.

As a fan I would have preferred to get the Greek boy into our side AS PRIORITY, we shouldn't give a s**t if we missed out on Alberto or Aspas. Just f**king pay them the 16m and get on with it!

Toure is gap-stop no matter which way you look at it.

Then our attention should have turned to a DM, another attacking winger and replacement keeper for Reina. I am happy we got Mignolet but we needed to get those other positions looked at before bringing in squad players.

But for some reason most of us are "chuffed" bringing in players WE DON'T NEED.   :no

Lucas is a capable DM, a backup is all we need and quite frankly it isn't a priority. Not to most supporters anyway.

A CB could still come - here's a weird idea, let's wait till the transfer window is over before we cast judgement...

As for whether more attacking options are needed, they clearly are. Take out Suarez (likely to move away) and the fact Sturridge picked up an injury that could potentially result in him missing the start of the season, where are the goals comings from?

Unless you were watching another side last season, Suarez and Sturridge finished our top scorers, so actually buying back up for our forward options (that fit into the Rodgers style) is extremely prudent and definitely a priority.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:10 am

Before any more back up is bought can we buy some real quality for the first 11 - and in areas where is it needed.
Benny The Noon

Postby eds » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:37 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:38 am wrote:Lucas is a capable DM, a backup is all we need and quite frankly it isn't a priority. Not to most supporters anyway.

A CB could still come - here's a weird idea, let's wait till the transfer window is over before we cast judgement...

As for whether more attacking options are needed, they clearly are. Take out Suarez (likely to move away) and the fact Sturridge picked up an injury that could potentially result in him missing the start of the season, where are the goals comings from?

Unless you were watching another side last season, Suarez and Sturridge finished our top scorers, so actually buying back up for our forward options (that fit into the Rodgers style) is extremely prudent and definitely a priority.

Lucas is nowhere near the player he was before he got injured, so I think we should be getting a quality DM to give him some competition and one that is good enough to play in the first XI.

Haven't given up on a quality CB as there are still a few weeks to go in the transfer window, so no need to tell me off in casting judgement  :glare:

Once again I hope we bring in someone that can come into the first XI.

As for Suarez leaving (I certainly hope not) and Sturridge being injured, I would have expected a quality signing, so I will say it for the 3rd time, a player good enough to start for the first XI.

To think that the players like Alberto and Aspas are prudent purchases  :laugh:  and are a priority  :laugh: is laughable.

They aren't even good enough to even tie Suarez's shoelaces.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:01 pm

eds » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:37 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:38 am wrote:Lucas is a capable DM, a backup is all we need and quite frankly it isn't a priority. Not to most supporters anyway.

Lucas is nowhere near the player he was before he got injured, so I think we should be getting a quality DM to give him some competition and one that is good enough to play in the first XI.

Haven't given up on a quality CB as there are still a few weeks to go in the transfer window, so no need to tell me off in casting judgement  :glare:

As for Suarez leaving (I certainly hope not) and Sturridge being injured, I would have expected a quality signing, so I will say it for the 3rd time, a player good enough to start for the first XI.

To think that the players like Alberto and Aspas are prudent purchases  :laugh:  and are a priority  :laugh: is laughable.

You're just changing your argument to suit. It doesn't work that way.

Your point was we should focus on a DM and CB in terms of transfer targets. My argument is where does that leave us if we lose Suarez and Sturridge is not fit. Your transfer policy leaves us deep in the Sh*t for attacking options.

Whilst Aspas and Alberto are not Suarez or Sturridge calibre they still provide some level of cover in case the Suarez and Sturridge out scenario happens. Pursuing a DM and CB over these options is assuming that scenario is not going to happen. Talk about high risk!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:05 pm

We are currently in the Sh*t in regards the defensive options regardless of who leaves.
Benny The Noon

Postby eds » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:54 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:01 pm wrote:
eds » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:37 pm wrote:

You're just changing your argument to suit. It doesn't work that way.

Your point was we should focus on a DM and CB in terms of transfer targets. My argument is where does that leave us if we lose Suarez and Sturridge is not fit. Your transfer policy leaves us deep in the Sh*t for attacking options.

Whilst Aspas and Alberto are not Suarez or Sturridge calibre they still provide some level of cover in case the Suarez and Sturridge out scenario happens. Pursuing a DM and CB over these options is assuming that scenario is not going to happen. Talk about high risk!

At the moment we have 3 established CBs with Toure a complete mystery on how he is going to perform. Skrtel can't be relied upon and Aggar has always been injury prone.

I don't know what "changing of argument" you are splattering on about as I have always subscribed to the notion we NEED a quality CB to come in over the transfer window.

We haven't lost Suarez yet and as time goes by I really don't think we will lose him unless Madrid bid over 40m, which at this point in time seems unrealistic.

Selling him to any English club for whatever amount would be stupid and I along, many other fans would be demanding the owner's heads.

My point is that Rodgers has blown almost 20m on two players that are untried, unproven and a massive massive risk in carrying our fortunes forward.

Benny keeps chipping in with one liners, but essentially we are making the same point. We don't need anymore stop gaps, we need quality players to come into our first XI to challenge for 4th this season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:09 am

Is this not a Luis Alberto thread????
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:19 am

Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:05 pm wrote:We are currently in the Sh*t in regards the defensive options regardless of who leaves.

Havent conceded a goal in pre season :rasp

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:17 am

Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:05 pm wrote:We are currently in the Sh*t in regards the defensive options regardless of who leaves.

clueless statement. you actually know nothing about LFC.

Pre season...    scored 8 conceded 0

pleb
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 am

redno7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:17 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:05 pm wrote:We are currently in the Sh*t in regards the defensive options regardless of who leaves.

pleb

you aren't serious right? You could play my Grandma (RIP) and keep a clean sheet for eternity. Doesn't mean a thing.
We have a big problem on Defence which needs to be sorted. We are missing a top quality CB and a Top quality RB. Not to mention our DM which is an accident waiting to happen.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:59 am

redno7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:17 am wrote:

pleb

We should be fine then because we all know that pre season should mirror the season exactly - lets ignore the level of team we are playing at

Did you even think before typing that ?
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 am

rubbish. CB is in progress, remember what BR said only a few weeks ago? players that will be first 11 ready.

oh how conveniently these things slip the mind.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:30 am

Which CB has arrived that is first 11 ready ?

What he says and what actually happens don't automatically match
Benny The Noon

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 am

He also said Mignolet and Reina would provide good competition for the GK spot and that we were mainly only in for an attacking player and cover for LB. 

I dont take what anyone says as Gospel but Ill wait and see were we are in 3 weeks time.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:39 am

no CB has arrived already, thats the point, we're looking to bring in a couple of players that are first teamers.

and there you go again, you hate BR it's so obvious.
redno7
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion