LUIS ALBERTO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:50 am

eds » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:57 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:17 am wrote:
john craig » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:54 pm wrote:Can't see Alberto walking into the first team to be honest.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a few games in the development team this side of Christmas and maybe see him come off the bench a lot in his first season.  The premier league will be a serious culture shock coming from the Spanish second division.

Then I have to question why we spent do much on him when we have a plethora of our own young kids waiting in the sidelines for a chance.

Exactly.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for some billionaire to come in and destroy our club and history, no.

What I asking for is that we need to stop this scatter-gun approach with "low cost" players, as this strategy will not improve us.

We've done the other approach and spent massive, it got us 8th.

Our spending over the last lot of summers has been ordinary to say the least and we've spunked money like there has been no tomorrow.

I'm not surprised (with our poor transfer record) FSG are trying a different approach.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:07 pm wrote:
Scottbot » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:43 pm wrote:I don't have a problem with the change-up in transfer approach and if it means scouting in the Spanish 2nd div to get the jump on some of our rivals then so be it. What is it now? 4 seasons out of the Champions League? It's gonna be dififculty to compete with clubs who are regulars in the competition so Rodgers will try and find players another way. Spain certainly seems ot be the place to find the depth of talent and maybe tyhis kid will be the next Michu.

I must admit I wasn't blown away by his highlight reels. He looks a bit like Albery Riera to me ie. a decent player but a bit lightweight. He certainly looks like he has fantastic delivery at deadballs and nice vision and weight of pass plus a decent finish. However, the physical stuff may be a problem for him, I couldn't see a single example of him having to do anything with defenders right on top of him in any of those highlight vids and neitehr did I see any clips of him running at (and beating players).

and you reckon trawling the spanish second division will eventually lead us to the title?

I very much doubt it fella! Just recognising that the club are now in a position they (ie. without champ league football or the really big bucks) where they have to be more clever with recruitment. I'd prefer it not to be that way. Of course if can get our ***** back in the Champions League then suddenly I imagine it will get easier again. As i said, i'm not particularly impressed with what i've seen of Alberto but i do liek the look of Aspas, another player who until last season had been plying his trade in the same division.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 pm

At the end of the day ,Liverpool have acted quickly in securing the services of young Alberto
and according to Rodgers the lad has been watched for some considerable time .

I personally cant believe posters willing to write the reds season off based loosely on the signings
thus far ,without even seeing the new recruits kick a ball in anger yet.  ???

Liverpool played some of their most progressive and innovative football under Rodgers at the back
end of last season,and this shorn of the talents of Luis Suarez.

We have just secured the signature of one of the most coveted goalkeepers in the Premiership,and
in Aspas we have a player with similar appetite and tenacity to Suarez ,the owners look like they will
afford Rodgers a sizeable dip into their funds in order to push Liverpool back into the top four .

Yet some still seem fit to cast doubt on the reds aspirations to compete with any real credibility.

I dont believe Liverpool's real transfer business has started yet ,and if Luis decides to go then our
coffers will swell even more .....We all know what we need ,and we all have our own ideas as to who
we need,but I would like to think Rodgers is equally aware of our requirements and has spent the close
season recruiting the players capable of taking the reds that one stage further.

I personally cant wait for the new season to start ,because if we start it in the form that we ended it
then the future under Rodgers starts to look considerably brighter.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:56 am

Kenny Kan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:50 am wrote:

Our spending over the last lot of summers has been ordinary to say the least and we've spunked money like there has been no tomorrow.

I'm not surprised (with our poor transfer record) FSG are trying a different approach.

Kenny Kan that was under a totally different management, making poor mistakes on "local talent" costing us millions and in turn in delivering very little.

Despite this, we still managed to buy Suarez who was our only shining light as transfers under Kenny and Commolli.

With a "scatter gun" approach you would never got someone of his quality like that to begin with.

As fans, we have put our total trust in Brendan to NOT REPEAT the mistakes of the past, yet its a different set of of rules for the owners when it comes to "backing" him?

I don't buy this whole Kenny made monumental mistakes so Brendan needs to be punished for it. No, if he is our manager he needs to be backed with the funds to bring us back to 4th and beyond this push for a title.

As a fan I would have preferred to get the Greek boy into our side AS PRIORITY, we shouldn't give a s**t if we missed out on Alberto or Aspas. Just f**king pay them the 16m and get on with it!

Toure is gap-stop no matter which way you look at it.

Then our attention should have turned to a DM, another attacking winger and replacement keeper for Reina. I am happy we got Mignolet but we needed to get those other positions looked at before bringing in squad players.

But for some reason most of us are "chuffed" bringing in players WE DON'T NEED.   :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:04 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:30 pm wrote:At the end of the day ,Liverpool have acted quickly in securing the services of young Alberto
and according to Rodgers the lad has been watched for some considerable time .

I personally cant believe posters willing to write the reds season off based loosely on the signings
thus far ,without even seeing the new recruits kick a ball in anger yet.  ???

Liverpool played some of their most progressive and innovative football under Rodgers at the back
end of last season,and this shorn of the talents of Luis Suarez.

We have just secured the signature of one of the most coveted goalkeepers in the Premiership,and
in Aspas we have a player with similar appetite and tenacity to Suarez ,the owners look like they will
afford Rodgers a sizeable dip into their funds in order to push Liverpool back into the top four .

Yet some still seem fit to cast doubt on the reds aspirations to compete with any real credibility.

I dont believe Liverpool's real transfer business has started yet ,and if Luis decides to go then our
coffers will swell even more .....We all know what we need ,and we all have our own ideas as to who
we need,but I would like to think Rodgers is equally aware of our requirements and has spent the close
season recruiting the players capable of taking the reds that one stage further.

I personally cant wait for the new season to start ,because if we start it in the form that we ended it
then the future under Rodgers starts to look considerably brighter.

Nothing like sugar coating the obvious.

Alberto is a totally unknown quality, none of us know whether he will become a regular starting XI. Yet we have managed to spend 8 million on such a risky proposition.

It's funny how most fans had their reservations on Charlie f**king Adams, Carroll and Downing when they were all brought in at the same time.

Heard the same nonsense, "How are we writing these guys off when we haven't even seen them play for Liverpool yet, just you wait they will prove you nay-sayers wrong!"

I bet you were in the same bucket mate.

Fans are allowed to have reservations on players, its not "lack of support" or whatever rubbish you want to brand it, no its logical sense that we question the calibre of players coming into the club.

I agree with Mignolet, smart signing. Our only one so far.

As for the owners dipping into the funds, let's see mate. Let's see. So far I don't think they have spent much money with the sales of Carroll and Shelvey covering almost all of the transfer costs of all 4 new players.

Can't believe you are over the moon on signing Aspas because he.........................tries hard........................ :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:19 am

I think Toure and Mignolet are good signings. Toure would surprise many I'm confident about that. And I don't know what's the big deal about having 2 keepers who are good enough to be #1. Man Utd have Lindergaard and De Gea who are both equally capable keepers. Top clubs need competition among players for places, which is something Reina hasn't faced as Doni and Jones never really pushed him.

I've not seen Aspas and Luis Alberto play hence I can't, nor can many of you, predict accurately how they will perform with us. But I agree with some commentators that the fee could be lower and that attacking players are not a priority at the moment compared to other departments such as LB and CB BUT I would still like to see Leo Baptistao join us from Rayo. He is more similar to Suarez than Aspas is. There's also a lot of hype about this Sporting Lisbon winger who is being compared to Ronaldo.

Nonetheless, the window isn't shut yet so there's hope 2 more players might come, and I hope those players are ones that would improve the starting 11, not the bench. Would be really awesome if we could get Sakho and Hamsik, players who are more likely to succeed in a tougher league rather than some guy who has been playing in the Ukrainian league as costs as much as Downing.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:03 am

eds » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 am wrote:

Alberto is a totally unknown quality, none of us know whether he will become a regular starting XI. Yet we have managed to spend 8 million on such a risky proposition.

It's funny how most fans had their reservations on Charlie f**king Adams, Carroll and Downing when they were all brought in at the same time.

Heard the same nonsense, "How are we writing these guys off when we haven't even seen them play for Liverpool yet, just you wait they will prove you nay-sayers wrong!"

Fans are allowed to have reservations on players, its not "lack of support" or whatever rubbish you want to brand it, no its logical sense that we question the calibre of players coming into the club.

As for the owners dipping into the funds, let's see mate. Let's see. So far I don't think they have spent much money with the sales of Carroll and Shelvey covering almost all of the transfer costs of all 4 new players.

Can't believe you are over the moon on signing Aspas because he.........................tries hard........................ :laugh:

Firstly I dont think I used the words 'tries hard' ,but if that gives you the vehicle to drive your
agenda home then feel free to fill your little ugg boots :D

Secondly when we signed Downing and Carrol the majority of fans were quite happy with the reds
refusal to stand still in the tranfer market while Torres simply flicked his fringe and waved us
goodbye ,moreover they seen the huge outlay of cash as a sign of the owners intentions and a clear
indication that the manager had significant financial backing.

Thirdly, and I place the most importance on this point ,try to refrain from calling me mate as I am
very sceptical of anyone who abstains from adding their location on a forum ,plus I very much doubt
that we could form a friendship in any walk of life such is your wretched demeanour  :ghostface:

Finally I have no internet for the next 8 days as we our currently moving house ,so please suppress
your apparently all consuming  impulse to attempt to be condescending...

This forum is currently rife with pessimists ,the place reads like a Liverpool epitaph ,so maybe I will
benefit from my short time off line.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:45 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:03 am wrote:
eds » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 am wrote:

Firstly I dont think I used the words 'tries hard' ,but if that gives you the vehicle to drive your
agenda home then feel free to fill your little ugg boots :D

Secondly when we signed Downing and Carrol the majority of fans were quite happy with the reds
refusal to stand still in the tranfer market while Torres simply flicked his fringe and waved us
goodbye ,moreover they seen the huge outlay of cash as a sign of the owners intentions and a clear
indication that the manager had significant financial backing.

Thirdly, and I place the most importance on this point ,try to refrain from calling me mate as I am
very sceptical of anyone who abstains from adding their location on a forum ,plus I very much doubt
that we could form a friendship in any walk of life such is your wretched demeanour  :ghostface:

Finally I have no internet for the next 8 days as we our currently moving house ,so please suppress
your apparently all consuming  impulse to attempt to be condescending...

This forum is currently rife with pessimists ,the place reads like a Liverpool epitaph ,so maybe I will
benefit from my short time off line.

After reading all of that I don't know what to say?

Has my opinion really upset you that much........  :glare:

Oh dear, getting so worked up because someone doesn't agree with you  :suspect:

eds

Postby devaney » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:02 am

eds » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:56 am wrote:

Kenny Kan that was under a totally different management, making poor mistakes on "local talent" costing us millions and in turn in delivering very little.

Despite this, we still managed to buy Suarez who was our only shining light as transfers under Kenny and Commolli.

With a "scatter gun" approach you would never got someone of his quality like that to begin with.

As fans, we have put our total trust in Brendan to NOT REPEAT the mistakes of the past, yet its a different set of of rules for the owners when it comes to "backing" him?

I don't buy this whole Kenny made monumental mistakes so Brendan needs to be punished for it. No, if he is our manager he needs to be backed with the funds to bring us back to 4th and beyond this push for a title.

As a fan I would have preferred to get the Greek boy into our side AS PRIORITY, we shouldn't give a s**t if we missed out on Alberto or Aspas. Just f**king pay them the 16m and get on with it!

Then our attention should have turned to a DM, another attacking winger and replacement keeper for Reina. I am happy we got Mignolet but we needed to get those other positions looked at before bringing in squad players.

But for some reason most of us are "chuffed" bringing in players WE DON'T NEED.   :no

Seven days into the official transfer window and you appear to have drawn your own conclusions along with several others. There is over seven weeks left in the transfer window ffs !!! Personally I think it is far too soon to accurately assess what we have or will achieve during this window.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 pm

devaney » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 am wrote:

Seven days into the official transfer window and you appear to have drawn your own conclusions along with several others. There is over seven weeks left in the transfer window ffs !!! Personally I think it is far too soon to accurately assess what we have or will achieve during this window.

we have already spent £23m on 5 new players, obviously there will be one or two more coming in but i dont think there will be a whole raft of new signings on top of the 5 we`ve already bought. by my estimate i reckon our business must be about 80% done because i just dont see us bringing in about 9 players in one window (that may change if we get big money for suarez though).
i reckon we will deffo bring in a CB before the window shuts (someone like papadopolous or alderweired) and maybe one more.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:47 pm

I remember looking at our bench last season thinking where the f.uck are all our attacking options.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 am

devaney » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 am wrote:

I can only comment on who we have signed so far, not what may happen or can happen.

I will have a much more postivie opinion if we bring in at least one quality signing and keep Suarez.

But so far I'm far from impressed and I think a lot of fans would share the same opinion.

eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:25 pm

From what I've seen thus far the lad pops the ball about with a confidence usually reserved for the more  mature exponents of the game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:10 am

Not going to lie but I really like the look of this lad. The way he moves the ball about, his deft touches and his vision have impressed me.
Tim LFC

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:41 am

Tim LFC » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:10 pm wrote:Not going to lie but I really like the look of this lad. The way he moves the ball about, his deft touches and his vision have impressed me.

I like the look of him too.  But you know, we bought him for less than 40 million from the Segunda so he must be shlt
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion