OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW THREAD 15.00 BST - build up, reaction here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedRoots » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:13 pm

manure have a tricky one, as for Arsenal EASY, they still won't get through though.:D
RedRoots

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:17 pm

yeah arsenal have WAY the easiest group  :angry:  mind you, they usually make a pigs ear of it anyway! at least dennis the menace wont be on the coach for too many hours  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:23 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Whats your take on it Chelsea Forever ??

Bring it on!

I haven’t gone through this entire thread, just read a few posts.

Very excited that we are in the same group.

Last time you deserved to win over the 2 legs, however the goal was a dicey decision.

This time around.. both managers will be looking at winning it with no controversies and in style --- and you know what that means --- 2 great matches!

Mouth is watering ... cant wait for the CL to start ... Jose will look forward to this game and will prepare the team with super duper tactics - as will Rafa.

Its down to the players to step up and deliver, I hope none of our teams have injury issues and that all players are on form so we have 2 crackin games.

Anyway we will finish top 2 in the grp and both will go thru, but it will make an interesting grp

Cheers

draw at chelsea, then win in style for lfc at anfield

i predict 1-1 at chelsea, and 3-1 at anfield for the mighty liverpool

thats what will happen

woohoo
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:24 pm

We have the toughest draw...do not underestimate Real Betis, Assuncao's free kick is much better than Beckham any day.
Houllier=LFC

Postby Santa » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:28 pm

somehow expect UEFA to make sure we meet Chelsea in the group stage, tough but we should be expect to make it to the next round. It's Chelsea who should be sweating after this draw. thought Manure had a tougher draw IMO, but not as bad as the bluesh*te...thank you for participating  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:34 pm

drummerphil wrote:At least we are in it eh Neverton.....just taken this from toffee web.......what a pisser,they are sending letters to the ref,they even have a link to his website,

Come On You Blues

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give me one minute and there will be a comment. 

Here we are:

Mr Collina, I cannot believe you disallowed Duncan Ferguson's header in the 79th minute of the Everton Vs Villareal game on Wednesday 24th August. I'd be quite happy for you to tell the whole world why you cost Everton £15 million. Television replays clearly show that if any foul was being committed it was on an Everton player.

I hope you can tell us all why you disallowed it and I hope it is a very good excuse because you have many, many Everton fans to answer to.

Thank you

Dave
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dear Dave,

I dissallowed Duncan Fergusons goal last night on account of him being a w@nker, see you in the UEFA Cup.

Regards.
Pierreluigi Collina.
RedRoots

Postby Pinguinobetico » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:36 pm

Hi i'm a Betis supporter and i just wanna say that i am very happy because the ambition of the most of Betis Supporters was to see a Betis vs Liverpool match here at Seville. If you need some info about Betis, Videos or something like that i can tell you without problem.  :)
Sorry about my english   :blush:
Pinguinobetico

Postby drummerphil » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:41 pm

Hello  Pinguinobetico,welcome to the forum,

they should be two very good games,i,m sure Rafa knows what to expect from your team.I hope your supporters enjoy Anfield and its unique european night atmosphere.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:46 pm

Pinguinobetico...tough battle between yous and chelsea for that 2nd place :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pinguinobetico » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:02 pm

Well i dont think so... :D  i think Betis wont pass this league, its our first time in Champions but we have a very good attacking team... Capi wont play he had injury last season and he didnt play. And the team who played vs Barcelona
1 -2 were the substitutes. The best players of the betis are:
Joaquin with his dribbling, oliveira he is quite fast, Edu is very talented, he played before with Celta and he scored vs Arsenal, Juanito international player, be careful with Assunçao and his Freekicks i have added a video of him, tell me your impressions later please XD, and Doblas he is very good stopping penaltys.

Assunçao Freekicks Video  http://www.mundobetico.com/assunsao.rar
Pinguinobetico

Postby Syke » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:17 pm

I do have to say: don't forget about Anderlecht.  They have a much stronger team then last year and a much stronger one then in 2000-2001 were they won the first groups stage in a group with Manchester, PSV and Dynamo Kiev.  In a later stage they even beaten Real (2-0) and Lazio.
I don't say that they will win but they will be a lot harder then some think.
This group is gonna be a hard one.
Syke

Postby Luis Garcia » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:20 pm

Man Utd and Arsenal get an easy draw. Arsenal get FC THum?

who the feck are they?

Difficult draw for us, i cant see us beating chelsea. for us its how we do in the 4 games v anderlect and real betis.

last night when chelsea bring on 3 subs......crespo, duff, robben...sends a shiver down your spine!.

for me if we win the other 4 games we'll still go through. depends which LFC team turns up.
Luis Garcia

Postby skipper » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:38 pm

Betis will be very tough competition.  I look forward to the 2 matches.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby King Carra » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:48 pm

It'll be close between liverpool, Bettis and Chelsea for the two places, but I think the results from matchday 1 could determine the outcome, and don't worry about Arsenal, however easy their group is they will under estimate the teams and the we defintley lose points when they play away.
King Carra

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:49 pm

At least these Betis supporters seem to be more decent than CSKA Sofia boyos!! Funny they aint ben around in a while? ????
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion