No one - Is bigger than liverpool fc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:48 pm

remember this folks. :grinning:

NO ONE is bigger than the club...........if Owen's heart is not 100% in for it, then leave.  We are a massive club and are in the Champions league, we will always be a big club, Owen won't always be a big player.

Thanks for all you have given Owen, bye bye and shut the door on your way out :;):
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:50 pm

I think you could be accused of plaugerism! I have said exactly the same on here last couple of days. Bye bye, thanks for the memories but we won't miss you Mr Owen as much as you seem to think.
charwell

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:52 pm

I think you could be accused of plaugerism! I have said exactly the same on here last couple of days. Bye bye, thanks for the memories but we won't miss you Mr Owen as much as you seem to think.

sorry if i have, just got in from the pub and read the post about Rafa being too abrasive. :upside:

so to quote

"Bye bye, thanks for the memories but we won't miss you Mr Owen as much as you seem to think." (charwell 8/04)
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:53 pm

When exactly did Michael say we would miss him ? ???

Your right that no player is bigger than the club but its equally true that in some players eyes, some clubs are bigger than LFC ...

???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:09 am

keep the faith folks.  Rafa knows what he's doing

We have Super Stevie.........we are ok  :;):
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:27 am

the best news we done all summer was keeping gerrard but i feel let down by owen just last week he was saying how he wanted to sign a new contract. i feel some of the blame has to go houiller way he ressured us owen was gonna stay real madrid got a steal 8m + juan fran bye owen thnkz for the memorie espically against aresnal fa cup final 2001 cisse can cope
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:28 am

How about Kevin Beattie? :D
116-1065305004

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:51 am

From my memory, the biggest adverse impact of a player leaving Liverpool was when Graeme Souness left fot Sapmdoria in 1984-85, we had just won the treble but soon had little bite in the midfield. We lost to the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and went to as low as 3rd from bottom of the old First Division.

However, Liverpool rallied to finish 2nd in the league and got to the European Cup final. The next season, Kenny Dalglish became the player-manager, Liverpool won the double.

I don't believe that Owen leaving, if it ever happened, will have such an adverse impact on Liverpool as we have other strikers of high calibre. Liverpool is a big club, we have many quality players and we have a quality manager. No player is bigger than the club.

Farewell, Owen, if it ever comes to you leaving. Thankyou for the good times your goals have given to me. I wish you all the best.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:07 am

Owen has oboiusly decided he's off.....OK,
There are too many naive comments throughout the board, about how sad, how lousy, how will we manage...B*****.

We'll be just Fine .Get the most you can LFC and MO good luck.The season is in front of us, not behind us.
:upside: Anyway , by Autumn he'll be injured.
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:16 am

the return of beavis wrote:How about Kevin Beattie? :D

:D
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:32 am

I guess Owen just handled this with the worse PR advice he had ever gotten. Every LFC fans are now turn against him. Even if he stays now, our fans would have doubt about him. I'm sure he will be affected by all this and perform badly on the field. S.Gerrard didn't say a thing until he was sure of it and that didn't mislead any fans like Owen did. We should have gotten more in return for Owen but we were forced to accept an unfair deal. Anyway, just want to say to Owen, good luck on becoming the highest paid sub and bench warmer. :p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:36 am

Ultimately, we were suckered by Owen and his agent. In my mind, he wanted to leave and the decision was made long ago when a weak Gerard Houllier and the board do not have the balls to force him to sign. Before we finished 4th, he has expressed his desire to play in CL. When we qualified, he wanted to wait for the new manager to be appointed before commiting...then he wanted to to see if we will have a team capable of challenging for the title...then wanted to wait until Euro'04 to finish...then told us he will commit before the season starts. Now he cried that the club forced him out, when all the while, he was merely buying time until our hands are forced and we have sell him for 1/3 of his value so he could negotiate a higher salary for himself.

Anyone who wanted to defend Owen claiming he left because he is ambitious, I will say that is a load of bull-******. Ultimately, the main motive is greed. Think, why else will he keep stalling on committing himself when he is already the best paid player, and is being viewed with respect within this club. Surely it is not about the team's inability to challenge and win the league when he is one of the main reason we underperformed in the past 2 years, and Madrid finished third and have to go through the same qualifying phase in CL like us. Surely it is no longer about Gerard Houllier when we have just appointed one of the best manager available and the club is buzzing with optimism.

So good luck Michael, I'll never forget the 2 goals that won us the cup against Arsenal. Thanks for your service. However, you will not be view with the same respect I had for other ex-Liverpool players (excluding the judas McManaman)

Now, while you and your bank manager are having a laugh at the club's expense, I sincerely hoped Real underperformed this season and you rot in their reserve!!! You will be replaced within this club...hopefully by a certain Kevin Beattie  :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:40 am

Nice one Santa!!! Wouldn't have said it better.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:42 am

I'm not commenting on Owen leaving until I am certain that he is leaving, and thats when its posted on LFC.tv
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:43 am

You just did:D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion