No one - Is bigger than liverpool fc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:49 am

A.B. wrote:I'm not commenting on Owen leaving until I am certain that he is leaving, and thats when its posted on LFC.tv

Wake up and smell the coffee...All his actions and all the facts pointing towards a player wanting to leave the club, not on a Bosman because he is too smart to known that we will not allow him to do another McManaman. If he stays, that's because Madrid changed their mind not because he he loved the club too much to leave. We have way past press speculation stage days ago...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:23 am

Hear, here

No-one is bigger than the club!

LFC have got the best available manager in the world. 2 league titles in 3 years in a league dominated by one club.

I'll take the Premiership title without Michael Owen in the side over an FA Cup final win over Arsenal with Michael Owen in the side.

We watched the best footballers in Europe at Euro 2004. Owen was not even close to Baros, or Rooney. He may think he's still the best striker in Europe, and only Madrid are worthy of him, but I agree with the manager.

Thanks for the memories, but if our club is not good enough for you, we're better off without you.
tel

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:25 am

Santa wrote:
A.B. wrote:I'm not commenting on Owen leaving until I am certain that he is leaving, and thats when its posted on LFC.tv

Wake up and smell the coffee...All his actions and all the facts pointing towards a player wanting to leave the club, not on a Bosman because he is too smart to known that we will not allow him to do another McManaman. If he stays, that's because Madrid changed their mind not because he he loved the club too much to leave. We have way past press speculation stage days ago...

I'm awake and I can smell the coffee but I don't believe it. No trusthworthy source.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:57 am

kevin beattie could never imagine he would be so famous after retiring  :D
112-1077774096

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:08 am

Why is Owen hated? I don't understand that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Voices from Yates » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:10 am

Are you serious, ?
Do you really think he's staying??

If so, support Watford?
Even if he doesn't go to REAL, him and his agent have played a clever game and LFC are the unlucky dupe.He  wants out now, before he's old(28) and too beat up to make it to REAL. Hell, I hope he does well, but only until we kick his won-a-be ******, out of the CL.

:oh:
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby begintoend » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:14 am

So you think he must be glorified? Erect a statue or something?
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:17 am

Voices from Yates wrote:Are you serious, ?
Do you really think he's staying??

If so, support Watford?
Even if he doesn't go to REAL, him and his agent have played a clever game and LFC are the unlucky dupe.He  wants out now, before he's old(28) and too beat up to make it to REAL. Hell, I hope he does well, but only until we kick his won-a-be ******, out of the CL.

:oh:

Positive that he will stay. 1,000 % sure that Owen will stay. Can't get more optimistic than that
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:21 am

A.B. wrote:Why is Owen hated? I don't understand that.

Because he has put a gun to the club's head.

He shouldnt be hated for wanting to leave, but for the manner and timing of his decision.

He could have told the club last year he wanted out, giving them time and leverage to get the best possible deal for him. Doing it a week before the season starts, has limited the clubs options. Hence Real Madrid are in the drivers seat and are offering ****** deals like 8m and a reserve player.

If Michael and his advisers had done the right thing, LFC would be getting 30m in cash. The only winner in this deal is not Owen, or LFC, but Real Madrid.

I for one am bitterly disappointed at how he has handled this. It leaves a black mark on a wonderful career with LFC. He should have followed Rushies example which was extraordinarily well managed and left supporters wishing him all the best, and without any bridges burnt.

At the end of the day, Michael has followed McManaman's example, a choice he has several times promised he would never do.

I dont hate him, but I've certainly lost a lot of love for him.
tel

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:25 am

Hold on a minute. Did Owen come out and say I want to go to Madrid a week before the season starts? No the media came out and blew everything out of proportion.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:28 am

Has he signed a contract? How many months has he been dragging it out?

If he doesnt want to go, why isnt he signing?
tel

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:30 am

I don't know neither does anybody else, but I don't see why draw conclusions from it. This is more complicated than it seems to be. Nobody knows what goes behind LFC's doors.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:31 am

when you claimed to have Liverpool F.C in your blood and told everybody that you are close to an extension contract time and again but all you actually wanting to do is to buy some time and put the club in such a weak bargaining position where we are forced to sell him for a lot lesser than what he's worth so he could negotiate a fat contract for himself. To me that's an act from a hypoctiate, and that's what prompt the reaction in this forum.

I mean how difficult it is to sign an extension contract with improved terms and being the best paid player in the team?  Bottomline is he taking advantage of our weak board and taking the club and fans for a ride.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:38 am

Santa wrote:

when you claimed to have Liverpool F.C in your blood and told everybody that you are close to an extension contract time and again but all you actually wanting to do is to buy some time and put the club in such a weak bargaining position where we are forced to sell him for a lot lesser than what he's worth so he could negotiate a fat contract for himself. To me that's an act from a hypoctiate, and that's what prompt the reaction in this forum.

I mean how difficult it is to sign an extension contract with improved terms and being the best paid player in the team?  Bottomline is he taking advantage of our weak board and taking the club and fans for a ride.

Well put.

And what's even worse, a nunce like Beckham has more influence with his decision than the Liverpool supporters that have cheered him for many years.

I wouldnt be suprised if friggn idiots like Beckham and Eriksson have been in his ear all summer.
tel

Postby akumaface » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:57 am

Owen has already been treated as king here at LFC. Instead of showing any gratitude, he repays the fans by holding out to sign an extension and forced us to sell him at a discount. This would jeopardize our future. If he loves LFC so much, he should have sign an extension and let LFC negotiate a better term with Real and move on next year instead. As LFC fans, we would have appreciate him more if he had done that. Do you agree?
akumaface
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion