Bigger stadium

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:51 am

The american stadiums are fantastic, far better looking than Arsenals emirates.
I am intrigued now about what hicks and gilettes plans are going to be.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:03 am

I don't just want a new stadium, but a piece of "art" as well.

Too many clubs are using the same common design for their "new" stadiums.

The only difference between them are the colours of the seats.

I want something unique and inspiring.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:06 am

just watching a documentry now about the guys who designed the allianz stadium, before that they designed the stadium in basel which is much smaller
112-1077774096

Postby Feeney » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:55 pm

I think a lot of people have been rather short sighted and let thier loyalty to the club rule thier heads. Far too much "if Man U can fill it, so could we" talk. I'm not too bothered if Man U have a higher capacity stadium than us - I just want our stadium to be the best it can be and I don't think having 80,000 seats would work for us - at the moment.

Rushie#9 made a valid comment about drawing in the crowd against a lowly League 1 or 2 side in something like the 3rd round of the Carling Cup. It just wouldn't happen despite us having 10 - 45,000 people on the season ticket waiting list (depending on where you read the quote from). Its simply about supply and demand and if i'm being realistic, I don't believe the demand is there to fill an extra 19,000 seats week in, week out.

I would be more than happy with a 65,000 seater to begin with, with the option to 'bolt on' more at a later date once marketing, travel packages and other avenues of revenue is ramped up so that demand is at breaking point. We need to look at other areas of the club before we begin to think about a stadium of that magnitude.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby E.Jack You Late » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:01 pm

Doesn’t seem worth spending all that money on a new stadium if were only going to add 15000 seats and still be almost 20000 behind Man Utd.

The new owners are right to question the current plans.
E.Jack You Late

Postby E.Jack You Late » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:04 pm

The key is to keep the stadium based around the important local fans who will buy the season tickets at reasonable prices and then cash in on the fans that will pop up a couple of times a year.

We also need to draw in corporate fans, that’s were we can make the extra money, but the new stadium needs to be based on the existing fan base and put them as a priority.
E.Jack You Late

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Doesn’t seem worth spending all that money on a new stadium if were only going to add 15000 seats and still be almost 20000 behind Man Utd.

I don't see the point in staring at a minor club to take a decission related to LFC. The only reason to take a step back and rethink is that LFC must choose carefully the new home for next decades, and make sure that the stadium that is the heir of Anfield is worth of it's predecessor.

"only 15000 seats" is a point that makes not much sense, it's an important growth. Plus the income of stadiums focus less on the tickets as of late, and more in the extra facilities the new stadiums have.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:50 pm

Going back to the point Woof made about the relative populations of London and Liverpool, bear in mind that to travel by tube from south London to Finsbury Park, where Arsenal's stadium is, takes at least the amount of time that it takes to get from - for example - Warrington to Lime Street station. From east London it takes considerably longer, ditto many other parts of London.

If you factor in surrounding areas that can get to the stadium in a reasonable amount of time, the catchment area for Liverpool fans is huge.
ivor_the_injun

Postby redmikey » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:54 pm

it all boils down to people moaning about the time it takes to get home

solution= watch it on sky and stop moaning or go to the game and realise that 70,000 people all trying to leave one place will be a pain in the @rse
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:44 pm

dward wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:80,000 to many and 60,000 not enough.

Would you prefer 70,000 or 75,000?

70,000 for me.

I just hope we can fill it week in week out.  The ticket prices is a huge factor in this.  The grounds not going to be completed for another couple of years.  Then I can only guess that ticket prices will have gone up yet again as they do every year.   Im just scared of people getting prcied out of the game.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:12 pm

I think we should think about building the biggest stadium we can!
70-80000 seater!
The demand for tickets is huge and its notoriously hard to get hold of them.

My idea would be to give something back to the fans!There should be a stand in the ground for families!What i mean is Liverpool is like Belfast a largely working class city.Most people are like myself and getting by with not a lot of spare cash around!

There should be a family stand where a father can take his kids,wife etc for a discount fee to make it more affordable and more working class friendly for the real fans that matter!
Im sure at present a lot of dads are saving hard for a day out at Anfield with their sons!

Im not griping about ticket prices and feel the rest of the stadium should charge the normal price for the average punter!
66-1120597113

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:34 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:I think we should think about building the biggest stadium we can!
70-80000 seater!
The demand for tickets is huge and its notoriously hard to get hold of them.

My idea would be to give something back to the fans!There should be a stand in the ground for families!What i mean is Liverpool is like Belfast a largely working class city.Most people are like myself and getting by with not a lot of spare cash around!

There should be a family stand where a father can take his kids,wife etc for a discount fee to make it more affordable and more working class friendly for the real fans that matter!
Im sure at present a lot of dads are saving hard for a day out at Anfield with their sons!

Im not griping about ticket prices and feel the rest of the stadium should charge the normal price for the average punter!

They used to have something like this when I first started going the matches with dad in the late 80's/early 90's. I imagine they still do 'em (I don't know) but it was the old 'DAD n LAD' ticket that got you both into the Annie Rd end for about 20 quid; You'd probably be lucky to get a junior ticket for that much now!
I too would like to see something like a seperate area for the 'working class' fans to sit for a reduced fee so that some of the fans from the local areas that aren't that well off can afford to get to see their team. Currently you're looking at £50-60 for tickets for just one adult and one child before you count the cost of getting to the ground, the programme that the kids are always gonna pester for and any other little extras that normally crop up when you go the game (food, scarves/souvenirs that kids'll probably want as well).
Having the extra capacity would allow for reduced cost seating to be incorporated so that more working class people can see the working class' game. However I still think that the capacity should be held to around the 70,000 seat mark to prevent against seeing massive banks of red seats at less attractive games.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:46 am

Its all about return on investment. 60,000 is too small, 70,000 plus 2,000 high costing hospitaity suite seats is probably better thn 75,000 seats. I'm sure there's a pretty straightforward formula to arrive at the best combination. Personally the bigger the better as it will also attract the CL finals, world cup games, euro championship games, rugby world cups etc... pop concerts and bible bashers. Its a business.

One question - whats gonna happene to the current Anfield?   (Will the Blues buy it ? :D  - nice stadium for a small club, one careful owner)
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:04 am

I'll be heartbroken the day we leave Anfield.  I just hope that the new ground can live up to it.  For me it's more about the fans we get INSIDE that matters.  If everybody who wanted a ticket to an LFC game got one... would that be a good thing?  120,000 people with only 30,000 of the wanting to sing... 60k is a good number - enough to ease the ticket demand and season ticket waiting list, but also to get a full house every match.  That said, I'd love to have a bigger stadium than the scum, would be great.  We could call it the "Eighteen, five, and three all stadium"
Red Red Tom

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:14 am

Old Trafford clearly deomstrates the forumla works, full house, good atmosphere, money available to fund purchases.

If we build a great stadium, fans worldwide will want to come to visit the famous new stadium - Bernebau, San Siro, Neu Camp etc..

We have a worldwide fan base, whenever these fans are passing trhu they'll want to come visit and they'll need to be able to find tickets.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion