"big" games - Are some bigger than others?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:11 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:no such thing as big games as at the end of the day if u beat manure, u get 3 points, just like if you beat sunderland. every game should be treated as important as its gonna affect the table in the long run.
complacency out.
destruction in.
:buttrock

Technically, that's about the most succint and accurate summation I've seen so far.

However for many of us, due to historical grievances and geographical reasons, some games ARE bigger that others. So while technically correct, the statement precludes one essential ingredient that makes football an all consuming obsession for most.... passion.

For me, NO games are bigger than against the blues and the mancs... not even the big European teams on the magical european nights at anfield.
ConnO'var

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:31 am

This season for me every game is big if we are to win the prem we have to think like this we have to try to win every thing.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:48 am

ConnO'var wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:no such thing as big games as at the end of the day if u beat manure, u get 3 points, just like if you beat sunderland. every game should be treated as important as its gonna affect the table in the long run.
complacency out.
destruction in.
:buttrock

Technically, that's about the most succint and accurate summation I've seen so far.

However for many of us, due to historical grievances and geographical reasons, some games ARE bigger that others. So while technically correct, the statement precludes one essential ingredient that makes football an all consuming obsession for most.... passion.

For me, NO games are bigger than against the blues and the mancs... not even the big European teams on the magical european nights at anfield.

yes of course i understand the passion (due to historical rivalry) bit as i'd hate to have manure fans and my sis (blues) gloating in my face the next day. as fans we have every right to do so. however i find it unacceptable if players were to have that kind of mindset as each game should be won at all costs. from a fan's point of view i agree blues and manure would be the big ones but after what the gooners did to us last season i shall add them to that list too.  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Rafa D » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:49 am

Everton's the BIGGEST game of the season.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:13 am

When or If it ever happens, surely Blackpool at Anfield would be the biggest game ever ???

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Everton's the BIGGEST game of the season.

who?
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion