Gerrard "carra is this seasons best player"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:21 am

Steven Gerrard has saluted fellow Scouser Jamie Carragher by declaring him as Liverpool Football Club's undisputed player of last season. 
As the final curtain is drawn on a campaign that will never be forgotten by all at Anfield the Reds skipper had no doubt whatsoever when asked which of his team-mates have impressed him most during 2004/05.

"That's probably the easiest question anyone has ever asked me," Gerrard told Liverpoolfc.tv, "it's Carra ? hands down!

"As a player you strive for consistency in your game and he's played at the top of his game right throughout the season. He's played the entire campaign in his favourite position and he's been absolutely awesome for us."

Gerrard admits he's also been impressed with the quality of the signings made by Rafael Benitez during his first season in charge of the club and believes three in particular have a key role to play in Liverpool's future.

"The manager has made some great signings," he adds. "Luis Garcia has scored a number of valuable goals and we really missed Xabi Alonso when he was out.

"It's been more difficult for Fernando Morientes because he hadn't played much football before joining us but I'm sure we'll see the best of them all next season. I'm also sure the manager will add to these with more quality signings."

During what has been a rollercoaster campaign for the Reds, several young local players have also enjoyed a taste of the first team spotlight and, having come through the Academy system himself, Gerrard has followed their progress with interest.

He has special words of praise for the part they have played in the club's success and also some useful words of advice. "It's hard to pick one young player out for special praise," Gerrard says.

"I think they've all done well for the club on some big occasions but equally they've all still got a lot to learn. I'd like to congratulate them for the role they played when called upon and my message to those boys would be stay hungry and keep trying your best to break into the side permanently."

IMO Carra deserves all the praise he gets he's had a great season.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:25 am

Now that sounds like a captain who is happy with his lot and happy with his manager. 

Woo Hoo  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:42 am

Maybe he's come to realize what we all knew already, that Liverpool FC is the greatest club in the World!!!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:34 pm

carra is a legend.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion