This seasons player ratings - How have the squad performed?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gbo » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:13 pm

So another season is drawing to a climax and it looks like f##k all to show for it. 

Below are my individual ratings for the players this season.  Bearing in mind i haven't seen a game live this season - my opinions are based on games live on TV, highlights, radio, and newspaper reports.  Season ticket holders may disagree with some of my opinions so please comment.  Here goes...

1. Jerzy Dudek (Apperarences 34, Goals 0) - after last season i didn't expect him to appear at all this season but he got his chance after Kirklands injury and fair play to him, i think he has performed solidly and i can't remember any mistakes this season - RATING 8
2. Stephane Henchoz (25,0) - how must he feel playing second fiddle to Igor for most of the season? Unlucky with injuries and has looked dodgy - RATING 5
3. Steve Finnan (27,0) - a couple of long spells out.  Reliable defender but hardly exciting in an Ashley Cole attacking sense - RATING 6
4. Sami Hyypia (47,5) - poor form compared to previous seasons and losing the captaincy didn't help - 1 yellow card all season is very impressive for a central defender - RATING 5
5. Milan Baros (18,2) - unlucky broken leg (or ankle?) but criminally underused since his return - only 8 starts this season.  He looked totally commited in his first few games back and a real matchwinner but he must be wondering what he has done wrong - only GH knows - RATING 7
7. Harry Kewell (45,11) - great signing i thought at the start of the season, what happened? He seems to drift out of games and goes unnoticed.  Only 3 goals since November - I expect better next season - RATING 5
8. Emile Heskey (43,10) - you can't fault him for trying but i never expect him to score - I will be very surprised if he is at Anfield next season but may get another chance if O'Neill is given the job - RATING 4
9. El-Hadji Diouf (33,0) - has a go at defenders but no end product and no goals (bloody awful for a player bought as a striker).  I've always liked him for some reason but he has to go in the summer.  Only good game was against Blackburn in the Carling Cup - RATING 3
10. Michael Owen (34,17) - worst season for us but still a goal every other game - he must be so depressed looking at the current squad and then looking at Arsenal's - He will give it one more season and if no success on to Madrid - RATING 6
11. Vladimer Smicer (23,4) - Vladi as GH affectionately calls him - Vladi s##t if you ask me - RATING 2
13. Danny Murphy (38,6) - i don't know what to say. Good player but hardly done anything this season - RATING 4
15. Salif Diao (7,0) - 7 appearences? When? Goodbye Salif - RATING 1 (and thats generous)
16. Dietmar Hamann (31,3) - late start to the season but i like him - does a good job and what a goal against Portsmouth - RATING 7
17. Steven Gerrard (43,5) - what a season and where would we be without him? Has got even better with the captains armband. Inspirational (shame the rest of the team hasn't noticed), Leader, Driving Force and like Hyypia only 1 yellow card all season. PLAYER OF THE SEASON - RATING 9.9999 (and that was only cos of the penalty!!)
18. John Arne Riise (31,0) - bad season and seems to now be our 4th choice full back - a shame because he had a great first season but i think he may want to leave in the summer - RATING 4
20. Anthony Le Tallec (23,1) - promising French lad, few injuries, tries hard - next season we'll see if he he can make it in the Premiership - RATING 6
21. Djimi Traore (11,1) - great goal against Steaua Bucharest and thats all - RATING 2
22. Chris Kirkland (12,0) - how unlucky is he with injuries? Future England goalkeeper and i hope he does well next season but still has to displace Dudek.  His Dad must be going mad about not playing for England yet! - RATING 7
23. Jamie Carragher (25,0) - very dependable and we missed him after his broken leg - totally commited, more attacking this season and he must be gutted as a fan - RATING 8
24. Florent Sinama Pongolle (23,2) - ditto Le Tallec - RATING 6
25. Igor Biscan (39,0) - what can i say about Igor that hasn't already been said? 5th highest appearences this season.  Unfuckingbelieveable - RATING 1
28. Bruno Cheyrou (18,4) - the next ZZ said GH!! One good month is just not good enough Bruno - RATING 2
29. Patrice Luzi (1,0) - flapped like an injured seagull in the last 10 minutes against Chelsea but still kept a clean sheet - good effort son!! RATING 5
32. John Welsh (1,0) - i thought he played more than 1 game this season but not according to the LFC website - hopefully will get more chances next season - RATING 5
36. John Otemobor (5,0) - very impressed with what i saw and one for the future - RATING 6

I don't think i missed anyone out
Gbo

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:21 pm

How depressing, did you have to? :(
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Very good post Gbo.
So, in a nutshell - we've only got one decent player worthy of playing in the team at present.
I agree!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:58 pm

Yeah good post.
Bit over generous giving Biscan 1 though, what's that for turning up?!
That clown should be minus 1 :(
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:20 pm

The only good player's this season have been Gerrard, Hamann, Hyypia and Baros(and he was injured for six months) and GH does'nt even use Baros he uses wooden performers like Cheyrou and Smicer.  :blues:
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:11 pm

Best 3 Players - Gerrard , Carragher and Hamann
Worst 3 Players - Biscan , Murphy and  Diao

Underperforming - Hyppia, Owen, Finnon, Kewell, Rise,

underused - Ostember, Baros, Le Tellac
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:27 pm

Wake up. Am I the only person here with eyes? Jamie Carragher is a terrible player. He lack even the most basic skills. I agree that his determination and drive is first class, but this is not enough for me.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Gbo » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:29 pm

zackboxer wrote:Yeah good post.
Bit over generous giving Biscan 1 though, what's that for turning up?!
That clown should be minus 1 :(

I've spent a few minutes thinking and i can't remember what the 1 rating was for.

He can have the 1 rating cos i managed to swear in his section without it being blanked out!!!! :D

Thats the best i can do!!
Gbo

Postby Gbo » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:36 pm

Jamie Carragher isn't a terrible player - i would go as far as to put him in the England team ahead of Neville & Mills.
Gbo

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:50 pm

Here is my rating of only the starting line up + subs.

DUDEK  has had a good season covering for the injured Kirkland ( 7 )
KIRKLAND  too many injuries but did well for games he played ( 5 )
HENCHOZ  great when given a game ( 6 )
HYYPIA  where would our defence be without him ( 6)
BISCAN  way out of his league ( 1 ) cost us too many games
FINNAN  expected better,injured a lot ( 4 )
CARRAGHER  injured but has been doing great ( 7 )
RIISE  ( 6 )
DIOUF  not good enough but still makes an effort ( 4 )
HAMANN  an excellent season ( 8 )
GERRARD  an excellent season for the new captain ( 9 )
KEWELL  expected better but haas been playing with injury for majority of season ( 5 )
OWEN  injured a lot,underperformed but is still top scorer ( 7 )
BAROS  underused, has played well ( 5 )
HESKEY another poor season ( 6 )

p.s. there no such thing as 10 out of 10 in football
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:18 am

Wake up. Am I the only person here with eyes? Jamie Carragher is a terrible player. He lack even the most basic skills. I agree that his determination and drive is first class, but this is not enough for me.

You need to wake up son.

Marking, Tackling, Positional play, Reading the game, Decision making and alround defensive play are absoloutely superb.

He is ok technically and offers great passion and commitment aswell as leadership.

If we had another 9 players with his ability we'd be one of the best sides in Europe.

Dis Carragher and it shows you've never been to anfield in your life.
115-1073096938

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion