Morientes "youve seen nothing yet"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:44 pm

Just out of interest, does anyone think we could actually sell Moro for that much money?

I'm not convinced anyone would be willing to pay a substantial sum for him and so maybe it wouldn't hurt to hang on to him. At least his experience can rub off on one or two of our youngsters which would be better than another complte write-off a la Diouf.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:47 pm

i think we may as well keep him. hes not that bad a player and he seems to be liked by the team. maybe he could move into some kind of coaching role as a guy like that doesnt last as long as he has without learning some tricks
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:04 pm

stoney wrote:
dawson99 wrote:maybe he will stay on a pay as u play contract.

:censored: that. I'd put him on a pay as you score contract.

He would be bankrupt after a few months........

get rid i say......had enough of him now,hes had his chance.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:10 pm

Ciggy wrote:"I'm not thinking about leaving," said the powerful centre forward. "I've heard the rumours about Turkey but they don't interest me.

powerful.........    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen more power in a Thora Hird  stair lift.......

he is forever getting knock off the ball by players smaller and younger than him.......
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:37 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:I dunno... I was really excited when Nando turned up. One of Spain's most prolific strikers looked like the man to net us 20 a season and push for the top spot.

I think that's the common mistake made by lots of Liverpool fans, I was for one not expecting him to score twenty odd goals a season. If you look at his overall record it averages out to about 14 a season. However I did expect him to score more goals than what he has done. I read somewhere that he has played about 55 games and only scored 9/10 goals not very impressive & not for a striker who played so well for Monaco a season earlier & has a very impressive International record to say the very least.

I am however losing my patience here & I seemed to remember backing Morientes to succeed in the Premiership to the disarray of Bigmick.  :laugh:

I really hope that Morientes can start scoring more goals than what he done in the past for us. He's an intelligent player and has great link up play with the players around him & can read the game well, just the lack of goals is what's annoying people. But hey he's scored two in quick succession, maybe, just maybe this is to be a turning point for the better in Nando's Liverpool career.
48-1119859832

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:13 pm

stmichael wrote:Just out of interest, does anyone think we could actually sell Moro for that much money?

I'm not convinced anyone would be willing to pay a substantial sum for him and so maybe it wouldn't hurt to hang on to him. At least his experience can rub off on one or two of our youngsters which would be better than another complte write-off a la Diouf.

I reckon you'd still get 3 - 3.5 mil for him

His reputation will still be good in Spain and France.  Spain especially.

Don't think he'd be happy to stay around for long as a bit-part player if Benitez brings in a couple of strikers
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:16 pm

Nando is right. We have seen nothing yet. But 2 years of nothing is enough for me. In the last few games when he HASN'T played we have been doing well. When he IS playing we are bad.

2 years of nothing. Bye bye Nando.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:09 pm

Banana,

I really don't think you're being fair, you're being far too critical of Morientes. It's a team game, the way I see it is you lose as a team, draw as a team and win as a team. So to come out with we play better without him then with him is somewhat harsh. I think Morientes would be better suited playing just behind a striker like Fowler (altho the striker would have to have pace). Morientes is improving all the time, I think with a lil more support from the fans and a few more goals he should be fine. Maybe you could say I'm being too optimistic, I house blind faith or I know sod all about football but I don't believe in letting a great player leave just because he's firing blanks in front of goal.

Fair enough if he was in the mould of Owen, a poacher and wasn't scoring and had a record of 55 games scoring just 10 goals but Moro offers much, much more to our overall game, so that's why I don't believe in selling him just yet. In recent times he seems to be getting better and he has scored two goals in recent weeks.

I just think he needs an Owen figure in front of him & he'll be fine. And you certainly can't fault Moro's effort but just like you I get fustrated with Moro when he isn't converting simple chances but that happens in football, there's no reason to set up a hate campaign towards that player. Support & a little bit more of your patience is what's needed.
48-1119859832

Postby RAGE UK » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:08 pm

I’ve herd it all now ffs pay as you play players.
Sorry but he has done naff all for us this grate player some people think it’s because he come to Liverpool. Because he was a grate player before he got to us so it must be our faults he can’t score unless he is given the ball 2 feet in front of the goal with out anyone challenging him. We have kept him to long already lets call him fluff it from now on because that’s all he does in the box with the ball.
It’s as if he plays as a loaner all the time he has never knitted with us it’s like the lights are on but there is no one at home (2ft short of a crouch) about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
He doesn’t do it for us he has got to go.
If we keep him and players like him then we can all be contented with sitting behind Chelsea forever.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:22 pm

I really hope he does nothing from now on, because if he does, I will bump this thread. And the first post I'll quote will be Banana's. :)

The way I understand the sentence of Mori, is "that's why I don't celebrate the goals, I'm not happy with what I'm doing, I can do better, I'll try to do better, and I love this club".
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:42 pm

Ciggy wrote:I think its wrong that players get more money than the managers meself, Gerrard reported to be on 120 grand a week and Rafa on about 40.  :no

...care to explain why??

On topic, morientes is doing all his talking off the pitch as usual he will still be his usual self on the pitch. For some unknown reason he just cant hack it in the prem
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:42 pm

Oasis and Bamaga man

Agree entirely and very sensible voices of reason.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:56 am

Get rid.

He's had more than enough time to adapt, and doesn't even get into the right positions to score.

Yes he's bagged a couple over the last 3/games, but both were handed to him on a plate and from 3 yards out.

Useless. :(

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:00 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Get rid.

He's had more than enough time to adapt, and doesn't even get into the right positions to score.

Yes he's bagged a couple over the last 3/games, but both were handed to him on a plate and from 3 yards out.

i agree spot on
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:06 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Get rid.

What matchs have you been watching? Morientes gets into great positions to score he just muffs up at the last hurdle. Yeah 15 months is a long time for someone of Nando's calibre to settle in and start producing. What happens when has been producing, just not scoring an effiecent amount of goals? I think Morientes has proven to everyone that he is human after all, not some sort of android who can adapt to any league surronding in the world.

Another thing I'd like to know is where did everyone get this assumption that Morientes is prolific like Henry? Coz that's what it seems to boil down to at the end of it all. Lack of goals. In case you may or may not have noticed all of our strikers have failed to find the net on more occasions than not.

I don't want to come across as a Morientes defendant but I am just sick to death with ppl making out Morientes is the worse than what he actually is. It seems that ppl have held too high a expectation of Morientes and he hasn't been able to deliever so your now turning your back on him and wishing him away.

And a goals a goal no matter what level it's handed to the scorer on.

However I will agree 55 games 9 goals is a very poor record indeed since his hyped up arrival 15 months ago.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion