MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:04 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:51 pm wrote:Gonna be a devils advocate here for considering selling Salah  :devil:

His incredible footballing brain and skill aside , one of his biggest assets has been his pace.

He's approaching 32 years old in June of this year and now suffering from  a hamstring injury that even after "recovery" has blighted the physical and mental performance of many players (thinking about Michael Owen for starters)

He'll always be a legend at our club but given his age, current condition and the fact he'll be on the last year of his contact for the forthcoming 24/25 season should we consider cashing in on his value while we can ?

A massive offer from Saudi (and elsewhere ? ) would enable us to refresh and invest .

I'd sadly and with great regret invite offers for him.

Your opinions please lads, hopefully given with heads before hearts   :)

His hamstring is minor and won't affect him long term. I'm also confident Mo will remain world class for another two years.

But I would sell him in the summer if a huge offer came in.

He's lost a yard or two of pace and this is probably our last chance to cash in before his contract runs out.

The big question is replacing him. Manure are proof that big money signings don't always produce world class. performances. My worry is replacing Mo's goals and consistency.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:36 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm wrote:Gonna be a devils advocate here for considering selling Salah  :devil:

His incredible footballing brain and skill aside , one of his biggest assets has been his pace.

He's approaching 32 years old in June of this year and now suffering from  a hamstring injury that even after "recovery" has blighted the physical and mental performance of many players (thinking about Michael Owen for starters)

He'll always be a legend at our club but given his age, current condition and the fact he'll be on the last year of his contact for the forthcoming 24/25 season should we consider cashing in on his value while we can ?

A massive offer from Saudi (and elsewhere ? ) would enable us to refresh and invest .

I'd sadly and with great regret invite offers for him.

Your opinions please lads, hopefully given with heads before hearts   :)

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with you woof. Salah will fully recover from the hamstring I'm sure of it, but fact is, he'll be 32 in June and even though he's still our best forward right now, at that age there's no telling when his form might suddenly dip (and it WILL happen) and we end up with a very expensive bench warmer.

So yeah, it's a risk and we may not be able to replace him if we sell, but keeping him is also a risk IMO. Best to sell him while he still has value.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:17 pm

Egypt went out a couple of days ago but Salah probably won't be back until late February.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:30 pm

Egypt apparently declined our request to exclude Salah from their upcoming friendlies. The audacity, they're the reason he got injured in the first place and now they want to risk injuring him again for some freaking friendly matches and they're not even the ones paying him!

I know that we can't deny nations their right to call up players but I think for friendlies we can. Can't we just tell them to f*ck off?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:27 am

don't be surprised if Mo doesn't get a twinge this weekend, after the City match. This will prevent him from leaving to go play for the egyptians. Klopp will sort it
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion