BORDEAUX VS LIVERPOOL - build up. gerrard ruled out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:35 pm

Come on red men lets go here and gain a much needed confidence boost before our next premiership outing to Old Trafford.

One things for sure theres going to be changers in the starting 11. Rafa makes alot off changes for european games well more than he has in the premiership anyway.  I wouldnt be surpised if Zenden played in centre mid with Xabi.  Its hard trying to guess what team where going to play.  I wouldnt risk playing Mommo from the start in this one as he will be much needed at Old Trafford.  I think Rafas going to go with the same back four Gerrard on the right off midfield Zendan and Xabi in centre mid and Aurelio on the left.  I wouldnt be surpised if there was a change up front either with Bellamy getting a rest with Gracia starting with Crouch.

See if anyone else can guess what Rafas starting 11 will be for this one.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:37 pm

its impossible to pre judge his team selections mate, i wouldnt even hazard a guess,  but i am certain he will go into the game with one eye on OT, once again looking at the following game instead of the important next game
112-1077774096

Postby BordeauxGirl » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:41 pm

Here I go again ;)

Hi all !

I sent a few pm but i'll try here too...

I'm a French girl looking for someone who could answer some questions about next wednesday's game between FC Girondins de Bordeaux and Liverpool. I "work" for a website about Bordeaux and for each game we try to find someone from the other team who can tell us their feelings about the game to come, their team's strengths and weaknesses, their feelings about our team too...

It is serious, and we haven't found anyone yet...

We're waiting for you, just send me a pm and i'll tell you more. It will take only a few minutes !

Have a nice day !
BordeauxGirl

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:43 pm

peewee wrote:its impossible to pre judge his team selections mate, i wouldnt even hazard a guess,  but i am certain he will go into the game with one eye on OT, once again looking at the following game instead of the important next game

Are you saying that the Bordeaux game is more important than Man utd?

I personnaly would be looking at the fixture with Man Utd if I was manager aswell.  Its much more important than playing Bordeaux in my book.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:48 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
peewee wrote:its impossible to pre judge his team selections mate, i wouldnt even hazard a guess,  but i am certain he will go into the game with one eye on OT, once again looking at the following game instead of the important next game

Are you saying that the Bordeaux game is more important than Man utd?

I personnaly would be looking at the fixture with Man Utd if I was manager aswell.  Its much more important than playing Bordeaux in my book.

the most important game is the next one in my opinion, play your strongest team every game. there is nothing to say that resting players for bordeaux will give us 100% certainty of beating manure.

of course the manure game is a bigger game, but its not more important, the next game (bordeaux) is the most important and when that games out the way the manure game will be the most important
112-1077774096

Postby BordeauxGirl » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:40 pm

I'm back, as i said before i'm still looking for some people to annswer questions. I put them here, people who want to answer just have to reply, those who don't care PLEASE don't spoil the topic !
You can also answer by pm if y'oure shy ;)

Let's go !

La ligue 1 et les Girondins

- What do you know about the French « Ligue 1 » and what do you think about it ?
- What do you know about our team, FC Girondins de Bordeaux ?
- Do you know our players, their qualities… except Smicer ?
- How do you think the match will go ?
- What do you think about the group C (of Champions’ League), to your mind who will be qualified for the 1/8th ?
- A little bet for Bordeaux-Liverpool ?

Liverpool, Bordeaux et la région Aquitaine

- Some of you will go to Bordeaux for this game, what do you know about our region, quite appreciated by English people (generally speaking ^^)?
-Can you just make a little presentation of Liverpool, for the Bordelais who will go to the game in October?

Les supporters

- Can you describe THE supporter of Liverpool, and tell about the famous atmosphere in UK’s stadiums?
- What kind of atmosphere do you expect in Stade Chaban Delmas ?
- How will you (supporters of Liverpool) behave for this move to Bordeaux?

Thanks for having taken time to answer us and see you soon for Bordeaux-Liverpool !! (and sorry for my English!)
Last edited by BordeauxGirl on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BordeauxGirl

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:00 pm

Selection will depend a great deal on whether Kuyt, Sissoko and Agger are fit, as well.  Something tells me that Rafa won't risk them if they are borderline and that we'll be playing for a draw.  For the love of God, Rafa, please no Zenden though!

FWIW, here's my stab at the teamsheet:

Reina

Finnan      Carragher    Hyypia     Aurelio

Garcia        Gerrard      Alonso     Gonzales

Crouch      Bellamy

Subs: Dudek, Kuyt, Riise, Paletta, Pennant, Fowler, Zenden
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:09 pm

it's at times like this that i wish i was living in liverpool city centre. at least then i could guarantee the liverpool game being shown. every pub around here will almost certainly be showing chelsea-barca unless they have two sky boxes and can show both at the same time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:49 pm

6 points from this double header should see us through. 3 days gap in between and minimal travel, no excuses, best team out:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Aureilo

Gerrard  Alonso  Sissoko  Riise

Crouch   Bellamy

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:28 am

Bordeaux is a difficult place to visit when you're struggling for form, particularly away form.

Why can't we have an easy match to build some confidence with?

Anyhoo....

I'd go with the following team, assuming Agger and Momo are not going to be risked:

Reina

Finnan         JC              Sami             Riise

Gerrard                  Alonso               Aurelio

Garcia

Kuyt                      Crouch.

In the absence of Momo, I'd sooner see GErrard, Xabi and Aurelio playing narrow, with the option of Gerrard and Aurelio nipping out to slip some crosses in, but giving more license to Riise and Finnan to come up and ping the balls in.

Bit of a different team, but one with at least 6 regular-ish goalscorers in it.

Garcia's invention is desperately needed.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:39 am

I think Rafa will go with a more defensive 4- 5 -1

Reina

Finnan            Carra           Agger        Aurelio

Gerrard        Sissoko        Alonso        Riise
                          Garcia

Crouch

If Sissoko is injured Zenden will probably come in :(  . Will Gerrard actually get a game though ? He doesnt seem to pick him for away games in CL and we have got ManUre at the weekend.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:59 am

I'd guess Gerrard will play and Momo won't be risked, but as we all know - there's no second guessing Rafael Benitez! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:30 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:but as we all know - there's no second guessing Rafael Benitez! :D

f.ucking understatement of the year that is lando  :D

ive a suspicion the draw maybe the safest bet and i agree with murphy and peewee - its vital there arent any further setbacks for sundays game. predicting the score in france is an entirely different conundrum though. and stranger things have happened than a timely 4:0 beating given out. you live in hope....

ill plump for:

Reina

Finnan     Carragher          Hyypia       Riise

Pennant   Gerrard             Alonso       Gonzalez

Garcia

Crouch

whoever plays and wherever it is on the park the ante is well and truly upped for the coming week. it should be anyway....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:59 am

While the games against Bordeaux and the Mancs arnt yet season saving games, they are games that could make our season look so much better if we win them both, or at the very least avoid defeat. A win against Bordeaux would see us virtually assured of a place in the draw with 7 points and 2 home ties to come. Follow that by a win at O.T and our confidence will be sky high and anything is then possible.
account deleted by request

Postby The_Rock » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:17 am

When the going gets tough...its time to get back to our trusted 4-5-1 formation  :D

We can't play open attacking football when our new players are not used to playing rafa's style.

This would be my team (if kujt & sissoko don't make it).

Reina
   Finnan    Carra     Hyppia    Riise
              Alonso      Auerlio
                     Gerrard
    Garcia/Bellamy         Gonzales
                      Crouch

If i am not wrong, auerlio played some matches for valencia in midfield.... He has some of hamann's qualities..ie ..antispation & composure. Not saying that he would be as good as hamann. Just that he could be the man to stablise our midfield.

I wouldn't mind a 1-0 scrappy, boring own goal win... (heck i wouldn't mind a 1-0 scrappy, boring own goal OT win this weekend too...but that is another thread).

Comeon reds....make my 2006/2007 season prediction come through.......champions league winner 2006/2007  :buttrock
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion