LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Sorry mate , i'd rather have babel out on the right , he was immense when he came on . Don't rate yossi at all , along with arbeloa , i think agger should start next week against stoke as it will be a good game to let him regain his match fitness and return back to his best , try carragher out at right back

MOM: Till he went off , i'd have to go for riera , absolutely amazed by his display today , but overall not much to choose between masch and xabi who had a quiet game but played it simple and "scored" the first goal , would have liked it even more if he passed the ball quicker and joins up with the attacks like he does for spain instead of slowing it down for us . Best thing like i've said , we did not even have to use torres and we still managed to win , rest him for the midweek game if he's not a 100% yet , not worth rushing him back and seeing him suffer the same injury again. Keane to start firing on all cylinders soon , try the 4-5-1 with him upfront alone in midweek if torres is not ready .

Berbatov the new saha? Had 1 decent game for manu and now i''ve read he's injured his ligament or something .

well you and me have very different appraisals of the players from today mate. whilst yossi and arbeloa are certainly not the strongest members of the squad and can both be prone to the odd dodgy performance i remember thinking regularly how well they were playing today. i thought arbeloa was handling things really well, especially in the first half - his best game in a while.

i also think xabi had an outstanding game and well deserved the MOM he was awarded by sky. seeing him playing a little further forward and with a little space of time and he was hitting some of those beautiful passes and directing the midfield in a way we haven't seen for a couple of seasons. if i was benitez i'd be thinking hard about whether its a good idea to break up the mascherano/alonso partnership when gerrard is fully fit again.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:34 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:When Tevez scored, did he kiss his tattoo, or take a bite out of it?

He was licking a piece of his scar!
Im surprised that Mahattan doe'snt know that unless Tevez licks his scar every 20 minutes,his life force dies and he turns into a seahorse!
Shame on you!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:46 pm

TH you are talking out of the wrong hole,about 2 feet lower than you should!

The thing is neither were perfect on the right,but Benayoun and Arbeloa done well.
Today was'nt about just Riera having a great debut,Alonso playing like he used to,Masch being flawless after his obvious mistake(which was partly skrtels fault)
The only winner is LFC,individual performances aside,we LOOKED LIKE A TEAM!
We beat Manchester UTD off the park,the scoreline was 2-1 but the TEAM PERFORMANCE was excellent from every player!
Dont try and shoot our fellas down,dont say Kuyt was poor,Arbeloa was poor or Yossi............Its not fair lad
GREAT WIN,GREAT TEAM PERFORMANCE!
ABOUT TIME!!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Number 9 wrote:The only winner is LFC,individual performances aside,we LOOKED LIKE A TEAM!

thats a very good point is that, baz

:D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Just got into work tonight and our manc collegue has phone in sick. Soft Tw*t. Never mind it will wait till monday. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:55 pm

WHO THE F*CK ARE MAN UNIIIITED!? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:25 pm

Well im back an what a :censored: day. The carrage in our train coming home was bouncing :laugh: We have just gave the best rendition of We Saw The Whole Of The Moon youll ever hear :laugh: an i was dancing up the aisle with some Arl fella from Smithdown Rd . The ale was well use your imagination. The Liverpool Boys are in Town NA NA NA

The Match well for 10 minutes i was gutted then every :censored: Liverpool player stood up to be counted. Masherano and Xabi were absolutly :censored: monsters in the middle. Xabi played a ball to Kuyt round about the 80th minute from one side to the other that he had no right to play.
Arby today was brilliant got forward more . we absolutly destroyed them on the flanks with Reiara an Aurillio  top class .

Fans were magnificent today an so was Raffa going mental :laugh:

I started readin Carras book on the way up there an never realised how a bitter blue he was , But when Rooney had a shot just before the end an it went wide you could see him pumping his fists :censored: made up.

The March went great a couple of thousand there id say but theres still a few ignorant fans just standing there and lookin which is a :censored: shame to be honest. Put you cameras down and join in

Im buzzing still i feel like a teenager im just eating my Kentucky an having more bevvies :laugh:

Got to give a mention though to Kuyt worked his socks off again and a brilliant lay back for Babel who cares if his first touch sometimes lets him down the lad always seems to be in the right place to either create or score . He works for the team.

Thats what the sweetest thing was though about to day we beat them as a team with everyone playing well
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Favorite song for ages im still singin it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnYA1R4vQaA :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:37 pm

Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Number 9 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs
:bowdown  :buttrock  :nod

YNWA!!!

Agreed Barry

but when your going through the song sheet on a train an the dancin starts every song is a belter. Some lad just started singin it, rotton he was, an it caught on .The whole carriage was rockin to the whole of the moon  :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:48 pm

Number 9 wrote:TH you are talking out of the wrong hole,about 2 feet lower than you should!

The thing is neither were perfect on the right,but Benayoun and Arbeloa done well.
Today was'nt about just Riera having a great debut,Alonso playing like he used to,Masch being flawless after his obvious mistake(which was partly skrtels fault)
We beat Manchester UTD off the park,the scoreline was 2-1 but the TEAM PERFORMANCE was excellent from every player!
Dont try and shoot our fellas down,dont say Kuyt was poor,Arbeloa was poor or Yossi............Its not fair lad
ABOUT TIME!!!

Well mate those 2 average players have been keeping better players out of the side , i'd rather see carragher at right back and agger with skrtel in the middle , as for yossi well it was one of his better games if you're standards have been lowered but i'm sorry but i think babel , el zhar could have done a better job there . Arbeloa on the hindsight played i think what is his best game for us in a red shirt , no room at all for giggs but both him and yossi are both squad players for cover at best , with every good performance there's always somewhere we can improve on and yes we played as a team today , best game of the season we have played , 6 points clear of manu   :buttrock
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:48 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Number 9 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs
:bowdown  :buttrock  :nod

YNWA!!!

Agreed Barry

but when your going through the song sheet on a train an the dancin starts every song is a belter. Some lad just started singin it, rotton he was, an it caught on .The whole carriage was rockin to the whole of the moon  :laugh:

Some feckers on here suggested Kuyt and Benayoun had bad games!
Made a little bit of sick come up in my throat but im still singing...What a day!! :buttrock

Every man in red stood up and fought on that pitch,all we can ever ask of them is to do that! :bowdown

:censored:'ing cant explain how happy i am...I love them!! :bowdown
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Number 9 wrote:TH you are talking out of the wrong hole,about 2 feet lower than you should!

ABOUT TIME!!!

Well mate those 2 average players have been keeping better players out of the side , i'd rather see carragher at right back and agger with skrtel in the middle , as for yossi well it was one of his better games if you're standards have been lowered but i'm sorry but i think babel , el zhar could have done a better job there . Arbeloa on the hindsight played i think what is his best game for us in a red shirt , no room at all for giggs but both him and yossi are both squad players for cover at best , with every good performance there's always somewhere we can improve on and yes we played as a team today , best game of the season we have played , 6 points clear of manu   :buttrock

"On the hidsight"...I'll talk to ya about it again!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Sounds like you had a ball nan is right :D Im jealous.

Kuyt our Ian Callahan he was feckin great today.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:05 pm

just in the door after celebrating the victory all day. Absolutely chuffed we beat them, and deservedly so. So many times in recent years we've matched them on the park only to end up coming away with nothing.

I was delighted we got a slice of luck with our first goal with Van der Saar cocking up. Its about time we got our share. We thoroughly deserved our win, and maybe it should have been more if Kuyt had tucked away his chance at the end.

Anyhow, now Rafa can get on with his master plan.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion