Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:13 pm

:laugh: :laugh:
Look at Van der Sars face!!
Take that ya bast@rd!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
only me wrote:We are still lacking quality in our squad ,we aren't producing enough chances and our handling of the ball is still sloppy

For me that's a strange comment to make on this day, mate.  First off, how many chances do you reasonably expect to create against a team like United?  That said, we did create a fair few and if Keane and especially Kuyt had taken 1-2 of them, we would have won much more comfortably.  For me, the bigger concern today was finishing rather than creating.  If Rooney had scored at the death, for instance, Kuyt's failure to tuck the 3rd one away when he had time and space to pick his spot would have been a huge talking point.  As it was, we won against these for the first time in what feels like ages so I'm not going to get too concerned about our failure to do anything today! :D

well i said 3-1 i was mad at kuyt for missing that chance but i can let him off for that simple pass to babel.

Don't get me wrong the pass was a simple one but one that so many could have mucked up.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm

We made an excellent team look very ordinary.

They fell apart at the back, their midfield was ineffective and a fantastic front 3 did nowt.

Multiple bookings and one red card.

The record speaks for itself, we turned them over.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:26 pm

http://www.justin.tv/eminem154th
Link to City V Chelsea if anyone wants to see it!
I'd love a City win or a draw! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Great debut from Riera , excellent result. TBH lads i thought we were going to get hammered looking at the squad fergie put out , 4-3-3 , you could see he really went for these game . Riera has the ability to beat players and i think he is the winger that we have been so desperate i need of , he managed to beat his man so many times today . Keane he huffed and puffed , ran created openings still has not got that first goal and till he does not , i'm sure the slating will carry on , he was upfront alone for almost the whole game , kuyt tried to support him whenever he could , great pass to babel across the field to score . Babel made the difference when he came on , pressured the manure defense managed to dribble past their players , looks like he being dropped has done him some good and given him a wake up call . We did not even need torres , happy as we do not need to rush him back from injury . 3 points is 3 points , we're top of the table and undefeated , only team who's undefeated as well is chelsea and that could change after tonight .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:29 pm

a very good performance... I thought we were slow off the mark and our defenders were abit too static for me... but later on we controlled the game... It's been a while since we've seen us play with width and control a game this well... credit must go first of all to the peformance of reira on the left and to kuyt and arbeloa on the right... they were crossing very decent balls into the box much of the game which really caused them problems... with Torres I'm sure we would've gotten a few more goals...

Alonso and monster Masch was immense in the middle and I must got with Masch for the MOTM... he wasn't afraid to surge into forward runs when he had the ball and saw the space... but I'm a bit worried about the physical nature of his plays though... if kuyt puts in 110%, masch must have put in 150% in most games... as a result he gets injured alot like today... never seen a player with this kind of physical assertion... not even gerrard IMO...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Biggest positive about this game was not the win, it was the width. Our left side tore their right side a new one. We ripped them open at will down there. Now I hope we keep that balance, and get something for the right.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:45 pm

Goal from robinho !
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Goal from robinho !

lol, i see it on Just in tv.
i had to laugh lol
1-0 man city lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 pm

link to the game in anyone wants it.

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/?page_id=5
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 pm

Carvalho redeems himself , 1-1
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 pm

1-1

boooooo
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:50 pm

Interesting game this. A draw would be good for us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:50 pm

Lads, why not move the Man City - Chelsea discussion over to the Saudi thread that Barry's resurrected?  I know this match has a bearing on our league position but let's save this thread for discussion of OUR glorious victory.  Cheers! :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:03 pm

OMG just seen Hull beat the Barcodes........ they really are screwed up.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion