LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:22 pm

people questioned rieras pace but from what i saw he has enough acceleration to beat his man with skill and a tad acceleration

fast enough for me

reminds me a good ryan giggs
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:34 pm

FFS i wish rafa would drop yossi , how does he still keep getting games? Oh and does anyone know if masch in seriously injured?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Chavs have gone 2-1 up.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:54 pm

bigmick wrote:When Dirk gets a chance, rather than trying to shoot he should just try and control it.

:laugh:  :laugh:
JoeTerp

Postby andy_g » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Toffeehater wrote:FFS i wish rafa would drop yossi , how does he still keep getting games? Oh and does anyone know if masch in seriously injured?

eh? maybe i was watching a different game but in my opinion yossi had his best game for a while, and certainly looked more dangerous than kuyt has from an advanced right position. he was causing all sorts of mischief in their box.

to be honest i can't fault a single one of our players today. masch was probably most culpable for their goal, and kuyt could have had brace if he was a more deadly finisher. but what the hell they both made more than one telling contribution as the game went on.

reira had a brilliant debut and if he can keep it up we're going to be playing some much better football this season. in fact that's what i put this victory down to - we went in against the mancs, played attacking football at them and they didn't like it one little bit.

i thought babel's cameo was excellent and will hopefully give stu some food for thought (although i doubt it). his positioning, movement and game intelligence were top notch and that was what saw him in the position to score his goal. it might have been a slightly scuffed effort in the end but he could so easily have skied it if his technique was bad. say whatever you like about him but the lad can be a match winner. we've seen it before and we'll see it again.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:06 pm

lakes10 wrote:
hijjawi wrote:Gerrard returns after a long absence.
Click Here for Video

Cool volley from Giggs 70'
Click Here for Video

long absence?

he missed no games

he didn't play against Villa
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:08 pm

andy_g wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:FFS i wish rafa would drop yossi , how does he still keep getting games? Oh and does anyone know if masch in seriously injured?

eh? maybe i was watching a different game but in my opinion yossi had his best game for a while, and certainly looked more dangerous than kuyt has from an advanced right position. he was causing all sorts of mischief in their box.

to be honest i can't fault a single one of our players today. masch was probably most culpable for their goal, and kuyt could have had brace if he was a more deadly finisher. but what the hell they both made more than one telling contribution as the game went on.

reira had a brilliant debut and if he can keep it up we're going to be playing some much better football this season. in fact that's what i put this victory down to - we went in against the mancs, played attacking football at them and they didn't like it one little bit.

i thought babel's cameo was excellent and will hopefully give stu some food for thought (although i doubt it). his positioning, movement and game intelligence were top notch and that was what saw him in the position to score his goal. it might have been a slightly scuffed effort in the end but he could so easily have skied it if his technique was bad. say whatever you like about him but the lad can be a match winner. we've seen it before and we'll see it again.

Agreed about Yossi.  I thought he looked far better out there today than he has in a long time.  In part, that's down to playing him on the right instead of the left but his movement was also much better today than we've seen in some time from him.  I still don't think he's good enough to be a starting wide player for us in a 4-4-2 but I applaud his contribution today.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:27 pm

Sabre wrote:What a tunnel from Mascherano to Giggs!!!!!

what's a 'tunnel' sabre? you mean masch drilled a new hole into gigg's backside?  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Any news on Mascherano yet? Is he out of the Marseille/Stoke game?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:32 pm

The Premiership have punished Liverpool for overtaking Man Utd in today's match.

We have been given a two-goal penalty, deducted three points (which have been given to Man Utd) and we will start the next match with only five players.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 pm

maguskwt wrote:

what's a 'tunnel' sabre? you mean masch drilled a new hole into gigg's backside?  :D

Nutmeg, mate.... At least I think thatäs what he means but I didnät see the match so can be sure.... It's either that or a defense splitting through ball.
ConnO'var

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:01 pm

andy_g wrote:

Sorry mate , i'd rather have babel out on the right , he was immense when he came on . Don't rate yossi at all , along with arbeloa , i think agger should start next week against stoke as it will be a good game to let him regain his match fitness and return back to his best , try carragher out at right back

MOM: Till he went off , i'd have to go for riera , absolutely amazed by his display today , but overall not much to choose between masch and xabi who had a quiet game but played it simple and "scored" the first goal , would have liked it even more if he passed the ball quicker and joins up with the attacks like he does for spain instead of slowing it down for us . Best thing like i've said , we did not even have to use torres and we still managed to win , rest him for the midweek game if he's not a 100% yet , not worth rushing him back and seeing him suffer the same injury again. Keane to start firing on all cylinders soon , try the 4-5-1 with him upfront alone in midweek if torres is not ready .

Berbatov the new saha? Had 1 decent game for manu and now i''ve read he's injured his ligament or something .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:02 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

Nutmeg, mate.... At least I think thatäs what he means but I didnät see the match so can be sure.... It's either that or a defense splitting through ball.

It's deffo not a defense splitting pass as masch dribbled it past giggs and than won it back off him and passed a ball 2 feet to kuyt who i thought would have taken a shot but passed it across to babel , not an easy finish 3 manu players on the line .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:17 pm

When Tevez scored, did he kiss his tattoo, or take a bite out of it?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:21 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

con it was nutmeg
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion