LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:44 pm

aCe' wrote:
puroresu wrote:Great result.  Great performance as well.  Would like to see Babel start more as I fail to see how Yossi deserves a place.  Kuyt awful as usual.  Reira not a bad debut at all.

OUCH

i though Kuyt did pretty well for a change there eh !
credit where credit is due he did little wrong in that game andd what hes sht at he'll always be sht at but he did everything else very well today...
for starters he was waay better than Keane
aurelio was imprssive as well and so was ascherano in the second half... really picked up after a rather poor first half...
riera was brilliant and i think he'll do great against the smaller sides

Benayoun was fckin poor and tank fck he came off he did nothing all game

Benayoun was poor?
The ignorance of people on here is hilarious!
The whole m/f were spot on,in fact the whole team done great!

FFS it is OK even once to admit all our players done well! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:49 pm

I really like the way we press and gave their player with no space. This wouldn't be possible if one or two player weren't up to it. We also won most of the 50/50 ball and those Man Scum were too scared of us. Anyway, Alonso is the perfect choice for MOTM. Lets be consistent and win win win! :D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:49 pm

For me this great win was all heart and soul the lads killed themselves on the pitch and got a well deserved score but...
We are still lacking quality in our squad ,we aren't producing enough chances and our handling of the ball is still sloppy..if we are going to to go all the way we need the bring solid creative performance - we won't be able to pool a sunderland/boro/van-der saar/ every week ..or maybe we can?  :p

Great win for us still worried on the way we played.

Riera looks promising ,our left/right defenders are useless ,at least we stopped playing the long ball.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:50 pm

only me wrote:our left/right defenders are useless ,at least we stopped playing the long ball.

Hmm what game were you watching.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby RedEire » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Absolutely delighted - great performance by all - I thought the only player not to play well and gave ball away too easy or made the wrong decision was Benayoun - Babel has to start games ahead of him now.  Reira had a good debut - first few balls he either fell over or lost it but after that, everything he tried he succeeded and twice showed little flicks which left a United player stranded.  Kuyt worked his :censored: of again and does not deserve any criticisms - unfortunate not to score.  Keane and Kuyt chased down everything and it was great to see Keane encouraging his teammates to keep pushing up and put United's defense under pressure - every throw he was waving at this teammates to push up and not give United room - thats how you play United.  He looks very nervous however in front of goal and we just need him to score for him to settle his nerves.  Good to both Aurelio and Arbeloa play well - first good game for Arbeloa in a long time.  Alonso and Masch bossed midfield.  Credit to Rafa also for biding his time and using his subs when he did - had to laugh listening to Andy Gray saying what a bench United had - and it was Liverpool's bench that won the game
RedEire

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
puroresu wrote:Great result.  Great performance as well.  Would like to see Babel start more as I fail to see how Yossi deserves a place.  Kuyt awful as usual.  Reira not a bad debut at all.

OUCH

i though Kuyt did pretty well for a change there eh !
credit where credit is due he did little wrong in that game andd what hes sht at he'll always be sht at but he did everything else very well today...
for starters he was waay better than Keane
aurelio was imprssive as well and so was ascherano in the second half... really picked up after a rather poor first half...
riera was brilliant and i think he'll do great against the smaller sides

Benayoun was fckin poor and tank fck he came off he did nothing all game

Benayoun was poor?
The ignorance of people on here is hilarious!
The whole m/f were spot on,in fact the whole team done great!

FFS it is OK even once to admit all our players done well! :D

wtf are you on about ?

benayoun didnt do :censored: neither going forward or even tracking back for you to say he had a great game.. can barely remember anything he did in that game besides that chance when he failed to control Keanes ball and wasted a very good chance for us.

i know we played great today but Benayoun of all people didnt have the best of games and if it had finished 1-1 or if we had lost you wouldnt have been saying he had a good game so quit talkin about ignorance you little BEEEEP .
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Listen im to happy to argue!
OK you are right Benayoun had a terrible game OK! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Everton second to bottom in the League :)
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Where can I get pics of the game from?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Number 9 wrote:Listen im to happy to argue!
OK you are right Benayoun had a terrible game OK! :)

ok  :down:

hahaha
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:Where can I get pics of the game from?

Carras got 4 arms :D

Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:07 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Bad Bob wrote::blush: Right, he was going to come on and then Rafa had that spaz attack on the sideline!  Now I remember...Hyppia came on  for Masch instead! :D  Well, Hyypia didn't get a kick then! :D

Are U bevvied Bob what times it there? :D

:laugh:  Not yet, Ciggs but it won't be too long!  Watched the game at 8:30 AM my time...a bit early to be bevvied by most people's standards.  The last 10 minutes were just a blur though!  :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:08 pm

Nice one CGGY!!!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:09 pm

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:13 pm

only me wrote:We are still lacking quality in our squad ,we aren't producing enough chances and our handling of the ball is still sloppy

For me that's a strange comment to make on this day, mate.  First off, how many chances do you reasonably expect to create against a team like United?  That said, we did create a fair few and if Keane and especially Kuyt had taken 1-2 of them, we would have won much more comfortably.  For me, the bigger concern today was finishing rather than creating.  If Rooney had scored at the death, for instance, Kuyt's failure to tuck the 3rd one away when he had time and space to pick his spot would have been a huge talking point.  As it was, we won against these for the first time in what feels like ages so I'm not going to get too concerned about our failure to do anything today! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion