Are manchester united really in decline?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:13 pm

[quote="Lando_Griffin"][/quote]
Lando,

Good fighting talk there, as you say Rooney, Ruud and Ronaldo have been the key to United's "success" and I use that word very loosely.

Lets just hope they don't carry on this winning strek for long periods, next season otherwise we really will have to throw everything into our arsenal.
48-1119859832

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:10 pm

I think Lando pretty much summed it up, take away there attacking players and they are nowhere near our level.
We have by far a better defence and midfield and a great young keeper. And it has shown in the last 2 games, we had by far the better of it at Old Trafford and wasted chances and comfortably beat them in the F.A cup.
If Rafa can bring in the forward players we need then we will finish above them next season, and really give Chelsea a fight for the league imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun May 07, 2006 5:27 pm

i think if rafa can bring in the strikers we will win the prem next season. cause to me i think we hav the best def out of any of the other teams in the prem and 1 of the best if not the best in the world. so if u get a gd striking team then we will be pushing every team in every comp we can enter. not saying that we aint now but we aint a really feared team like wat barca is and i think if we get gd strikers we will be
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:48 pm

well they're about to sign carrick for £17 MILLION :laugh:

the price tag is ludicrous. It's a world class price tag for a player who doesn't justify it. compared to how much alonso and sissoko cost us, man utd are total mugs.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:54 pm

Feck me you would get a real world class player for that abroad. I think he's a good player ,but nowhere near £17 million.

All the players we've signed so far this season doesn't come to that much. Spurs must be laughing there b0ll0cks off.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:58 pm

and people complained about us paying 6 million for pennant? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:59 pm

stmichael wrote:well they're about to sign carrick for £17 MILLION :laugh:

the price tag is ludicrous. It's a world class price tag for a player who doesn't justify it. compared to how much alonso and sissoko cost us, man utd are total mugs.

Your right there mick we got both Alonso and MOMO for less than that, feckin ridiculous money.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:31 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
stmichael wrote:well they're about to sign carrick for £17 MILLION :laugh:

Your right there mick we got both Alonso and MOMO for less than that, feckin ridiculous money.

£18.6 million, for a player who nearly moved for £2 million 2 years ago this is mad
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:14 am

I'm not sure if ManU is in decline. Fergie gets more and more quirky as he ages--and I guess he can't hang on there forever. On the other hand, they still won the LC and came second in the PL last season. My guess is that there will be a big slump when Fergie leaves--and I see that as being within the next 2 to 3 years.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:42 am

i hate to say this but on there performance in the league up now there dont look to be on a slide but early days love to see them get knocked out of the group stage of the champions league then what sir alex sack hope so
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:16 am

United still have a strong team, they have Heinze and Scholes back from injury, Carrick will strengthen their midfield and while Saha is no RVN he will score a few, and dont forget they have Rooney and Ronaldo. The decline of United is in the quality of their squad, and while they can still put out a great first team when they are all fit and available, once they start to get a few injuries (hopefully a few at a time) I think these deficiances will start to tell.     
       They won the League cup and gained 83 points last season with probably their weakest midfield for 15 years, so I dont expect a complete collapse this season, just a general decline in performance and results, especially once the CL starts. I expect them to struggle to reach last seasons points total, and if they fail to pick up any of the cups as well, I expect Fergie to go.
        Many of their star players are reaching the veteran stage when injuries last longer and the fire begins to die, so I expect Scholes, Giggs, Neville and even Ferdinand to start showing signs that the hunger and desire is fading as the season progresses.
        Are United in decline yes, but it will be the end of the season before we will be sure. Less than 83 points, 3rd or 4th place and no cups again will confirm it.
account deleted by request

Postby drummerphil » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:02 am

Shrek is looking very average for the first time ever,makes you wonder if this thing in the world cup with Ronaldo has affected the kid,more than people realise.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:27 pm

In decline? if they are what does that make us??

:(
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:08 pm

s@int wrote:United still have a strong team, they have Heinze and Scholes back from injury, Carrick will strengthen their midfield and while Saha is no RVN he will score a few, and dont forget they have Rooney and Ronaldo. The decline of United is in the quality of their squad, and while they can still put out a great first team when they are all fit and available, once they start to get a few injuries (hopefully a few at a time) I think these deficiances will start to tell.     
       They won the League cup and gained 83 points last season with probably their weakest midfield for 15 years, so I dont expect a complete collapse this season, just a general decline in performance and results, especially once the CL starts. I expect them to struggle to reach last seasons points total, and if they fail to pick up any of the cups as well, I expect Fergie to go.
        Many of their star players are reaching the veteran stage when injuries last longer and the fire begins to die, so I expect Scholes, Giggs, Neville and even Ferdinand to start showing signs that the hunger and desire is fading as the season progresses.
        Are United in decline yes, but it will be the end of the season before we will be sure. Less than 83 points, 3rd or 4th place and no cups again will confirm it.

I think that must of been wishfull thinking but it realy doesn`t matter if their "on the decline" what matters is that we are improving at a constant rate in both personel and performance to the extent that in the near future we will win the league, this season has been patchy but still being in the CL and having just beat the Ar$e 4-1 i beleve under Rafa this is happening.
It matters not if Utd remain a good or in some bogeyes great side as long as were greater, they can be a "great" side finishing second with the odd cup as long as we put a stop on em winning the league and are back as Englands best.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:28 pm

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking the unthinkable and the unmentionable in case it happens?

Do you know what I mean?  :;):  ???
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion