LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dan113 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:54 am

really funny :)) anyways we had a really good luck today
dan113

Postby burjennio » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:20 am

that guy on fanzone is a legend! the hatred there between him and the dirty manc was intense "oh yes, in your face!" :D
burjennio

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:22 am

peewee wrote:Image

That is what I call a ...... F^%K FACE !!!
LiverpoolMadman

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am

Kharhaz wrote:
rafa09 wrote:Say it AGAIN wer,s the rafa haters gone? As I ALWAY,S DO. back this club or fook off.Now we,ll get 4 next week .LFC are GREAT!! then struggle v marsille and they will be back whinging again.BACK and SUPPORT this great club or FOOK OFF

The only rafa haters are wopdongs or short term. There are those who are doubting the talents of rafa in his fifth year at the club but a majority of us on here are not haters of rafa only dubious of our league challenge. There are realists and there are happy clappers. Many of us class ourselves as realists, see things for what they are, im guessing you are a happy clapper?

wrong... there are realists and there are whiners...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby allred » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:00 am

Awesome result and an awesome team performance, i could hardly believe how well we played considering how poor our displays have been so far this season and to do it without torres and gerrard and  after going down a goal so early in the game is a great sign of our teams resilience and ability.

And what about kuyt and benayoun? i thought they looked like new signings out there today, sure kuyts touch still let him down and he should have scored in the second half to put the game beyond doubt but at least he was getting in goal scoring positions. As for benayoun he looked off for the first fifteen minutes or so but once he got going i thought he looked very lively. keep it up boys
allred

Postby Espionage » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:37 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Absolute classic...  :wwww
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:33 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Look at Ginger behind him!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:46 am

Number 9 wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Look at Ginger behind him!! :laugh:

:laugh:  not a very happy chappy today are you Mr. Fergie?
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:15 am

whylongball? wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:had sooo much fun tonight with my mates watching manure get whooped. had to endure constant abuse from mancs the past few days as most of my mates are them but once we were in the pub we clearly outnumbered them. i was freely cursing the mancs to death with vulgarities and that probably took some shine off me as i was hitting on the waitress who clearly wasnt into football but well it was amazing. im very very happy tonight. manure should worship the ground we spit on those busturds!

oh that waitress was fcuking hot. she has my number. hope she texts me :D

where did u watch ? Red cafe or what?
Got abused by man fans after 1st goal but i'm having the last laugh :buttrock

muddy murphys. we really outnumbered them. even at ballymoons i only saw one sh!t jersey. and some guy was also wearing a sh!t jersey but he covered it with a jacket!  :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:54 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Cheer up sir testicle,theres whisky in the jar!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46EXY4oP1Do
But we beat you off the park yesterday!! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:17 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:The Premiership have punished Liverpool for overtaking Man Utd in today's match.

We have been given a two-goal penalty, deducted three points (which have been given to Man Utd) and we will start the next match with only five players.

:laugh:

Well what can I say, fantastic performance and a result to match. I said that perhaps Gerrard and Torres' absence could work in our favour, confusing one or two, but it worked like a charm. It's about time their keeper was shown up for the liability he is, he was trying to push the ball away from goal. Some might say that was unlucky, but where he was trying to push it was poor keeping. And Babel pops up for the winner, so our main sources of goals were not pivotal and trying something different worked. Kuyt will doubtless get no credit for his good performance, having some good efforts on goal and then making the most of Mascherano's hard work, and Giggs' mistake, to set up the winner. Even in the jubilation of a rare win over the mancs I bet the Kuyt bashers will find some way of discrediting him. I see Keane is taking a leaf out of Kuyt's book and working hard, if only he could look like scoring too.

What was the difference today? For a change the sides weren't trying to negate each others' key players so the game was more open. The mancs had done to them what we normally get done to us, except our win wasn't down to luck. The one criticism I could lay at the feet of the players was the lack of anyone picking up Tevez for their goal, and by the way the sad winkers on BBC voted him MOTM.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7601885.stm

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Carlos Tevez on 7.51 (on 90 minutes).

Please note that you can still give the players marks out of 10 on BBC Sport's Player Rater after the match has finished.

I suppose they had to take something from the game, shame it wasn't three points or a creditible performance!  :D

So could this be a corner turned? I won't go into that question to deeply and take anything away from the win, but it was a first and I'm far happier seeing three wins and a draw than two wins and two draws, or even two wins, a draw and a defeat - especially having beat the Champions.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:05 am

andy_g wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Sorry mate , i'd rather have babel out on the right , he was immense when he came on . Don't rate yossi at all , along with arbeloa , i think agger should start next week against stoke as it will be a good game to let him regain his match fitness and return back to his best , try carragher out at right back

MOM: Till he went off , i'd have to go for riera , absolutely amazed by his display today , but overall not much to choose between masch and xabi who had a quiet game but played it simple and "scored" the first goal , would have liked it even more if he passed the ball quicker and joins up with the attacks like he does for spain instead of slowing it down for us . Best thing like i've said , we did not even have to use torres and we still managed to win , rest him for the midweek game if he's not a 100% yet , not worth rushing him back and seeing him suffer the same injury again. Keane to start firing on all cylinders soon , try the 4-5-1 with him upfront alone in midweek if torres is not ready .

Berbatov the new saha? Had 1 decent game for manu and now i''ve read he's injured his ligament or something .

well you and me have very different appraisals of the players from today mate. whilst yossi and arbeloa are certainly not the strongest members of the squad and can both be prone to the odd dodgy performance i remember thinking regularly how well they were playing today. i thought arbeloa was handling things really well, especially in the first half - his best game in a while.

i also think xabi had an outstanding game and well deserved the MOM he was awarded by sky. seeing him playing a little further forward and with a little space of time and he was hitting some of those beautiful passes and directing the midfield in a way we haven't seen for a couple of seasons. if i was benitez i'd be thinking hard about whether its a good idea to break up the mascherano/alonso partnership when gerrard is fully fit again.

Xabi definitely was MOM for me. He was instrumental in getting the attacks going, especially since Riera and Yossi maintained our width very effectively. Yossi was cutting inside too much in the first 20 minutes, but once he remained out wide - he started contributing. Riera has impressed against a very tough opponent - strong and skillful with a good left foot.

Xabi needs to keep doing this. We know he can keep it simple and maintain possession in our half, but we really tick when he connects with the others moving forward. He showed glimpses of his long passing game yesterday with several accurate passes out the wings enticing Yossi, Riera and Kuyt (who still wandered to the right on occasion) forward.

Can't blame Kuyt for the chances he missed. He took him and they were atleast on target. There's no better way to start regaining confidence once you are played in your favorite position after almost 2 years? He will deliver the goods there, just as long as Rafa does not use him as an option on the wings anymore.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Kuyt-Keane partnership. They did not *bump* into each other, the way that Keane-Torres have been.

Around the 70 min mark, just after Stevie was brought on, it appeared that Mancs would put us on the backfoot for the rest of the game and Stevie initially contributed to that with 2 dangerous turnovers. However, the response from our lads was amazing and they restricted that period to a few minutes before taking control of the game, yet again !

The big question now is this - will we remain just as motivated against the lesser teams that we have drawn with, in the past? I really do hope so.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Yessicajax » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:18 am

yahoooo...who is the man from Amsterdam.....BABEL!!
i love that guy:D
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:20 am

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  priceless i tell you . He was like out of ideas . Usually fergie will be on the toucline shouting at his players yesterday he was speechless
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:25 am

Simari wrote:
andy_g wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Sorry mate , i'd rather have babel out on the right , he was immense when he came on . Don't rate yossi at all , along with arbeloa , i think agger should start next week against stoke as it will be a good game to let him regain his match fitness and return back to his best , try carragher out at right back

MOM: Till he went off , i'd have to go for riera , absolutely amazed by his display today , but overall not much to choose between masch and xabi who had a quiet game but played it simple and "scored" the first goal , would have liked it even more if he passed the ball quicker and joins up with the attacks like he does for spain instead of slowing it down for us . Best thing like i've said , we did not even have to use torres and we still managed to win , rest him for the midweek game if he's not a 100% yet , not worth rushing him back and seeing him suffer the same injury again. Keane to start firing on all cylinders soon , try the 4-5-1 with him upfront alone in midweek if torres is not ready .

Berbatov the new saha? Had 1 decent game for manu and now i''ve read he's injured his ligament or something .

well you and me have very different appraisals of the players from today mate. whilst yossi and arbeloa are certainly not the strongest members of the squad and can both be prone to the odd dodgy performance i remember thinking regularly how well they were playing today. i thought arbeloa was handling things really well, especially in the first half - his best game in a while.

i also think xabi had an outstanding game and well deserved the MOM he was awarded by sky. seeing him playing a little further forward and with a little space of time and he was hitting some of those beautiful passes and directing the midfield in a way we haven't seen for a couple of seasons. if i was benitez i'd be thinking hard about whether its a good idea to break up the mascherano/alonso partnership when gerrard is fully fit again.

Xabi definitely was MOM for me. He was instrumental in getting the attacks going, especially since Riera and Yossi maintained our width very effectively. Yossi was cutting inside too much in the first 20 minutes, but once he remained out wide - he started contributing. Riera has impressed against a very tough opponent - strong and skillful with a good left foot.

Xabi needs to keep doing this. We know he can keep it simple and maintain possession in our half, but we really tick when he connects with the others moving forward. He showed glimpses of his long passing game yesterday with several accurate passes out the wings enticing Yossi, Riera and Kuyt (who still wandered to the right on occasion) forward.

Can't blame Kuyt for the chances he missed. He took him and they were atleast on target. There's no better way to start regaining confidence once you are played in your favorite position after almost 2 years? He will deliver the goods there, just as long as Rafa does not use him as an option on the wings anymore.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Kuyt-Keane partnership. They did not *bump* into each other, the way that Keane-Torres have been.

Around the 70 min mark, just after Stevie was brought on, it appeared that Mancs would put us on the backfoot for the rest of the game and Stevie initially contributed to that with 2 dangerous turnovers. However, the response from our lads was amazing and they restricted that period to a few minutes before taking control of the game, yet again !

The big question now is this - will we remain just as motivated against the lesser teams that we have drawn with, in the past? I really do hope so.

good post
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion