LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:Sounds like you had a ball nan is right :D Im jealous.

Kuyt our Ian Callahan he was feckin great today.

Is right Cigg and Cally is my favorite all time Liverpool player ever.

I cant understand how anyone can critisise any player today they were immence.

And thank :censored: god weve still got Xabi he was wonderful today his passing left me drewling

Gareth Barry not a :censored: patch
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Ive just been dancing round the room to YMCA it was on Everybody Dance Now on ITV   :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:19 pm

is f*cking right, loved the game today, i'm now listening to journey - don't stop believing - not one person in the ground give up today, brilliant :) :) :)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:Ive just been dancing round the room to YMCA it was on Everybody Dance Now on ITV   :laugh:

YMCA PMSL HERE

You should of seen this arl fella on the train shirt off gut hangin out but he couldnt half move . Got me up for a dance im knackerd now the adrenolin just does you in.

He was :censored: rotton but he was great. You need fans still like him at games one of the old timers :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:52 pm

bigmick wrote:well I'm here and I wrote rierra off before he kicked a ball for the club. If he proved me wrong today that's fantastic, and I hope he does it every week. Its worth considering though that if he had had an average game today people would be saying "give him time". All I ask is that you don't spoil it by claiming a victory too soon. Believe me if he is about to shove my weasel words down my throat I will be just a s happy as the next man, but there's a way to go yet.

He got lucky once or twice and looked good. Not a top player by any means but the lad has a bit of flair, intelligence and confidence. He's not scared to beat players or try and his touch and passing looks quality.

Seems to have a fair bit of vision aswell.

What I would say is he doesn't look a goal threat. He also lacks pace although I hate saying that as people seem to think pace is the be all and end all of football.

He's definately an improvement on everything we've had out there for a few years, if Gerrard can regain his form and Alonso and Mascherano can keep the balance then we could see a midfield as strong as the one a couple of seasons ago. I think he could offer the team balance and ball retention in a similar vein to what Kewell did, hopefully he's physically in the same class as Kewell and as willing to win his headers then we'll be laughing.

The best time to critisise the team though, is now. So it doesn't become knee jerk. I still think we need a centre half and a right back... Arbeloa was ok today, he was very solid but thats not enough. Things still broke down with him and the amount of times he lets the cross in or his own crosses hit an opposing player worry me.

Special mention to Kuyt who looked twice the player upfront aswell. Worked his balls off today and deserved a goal, should have definately had a brace.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:57 pm

had sooo much fun tonight with my mates watching manure get whooped. had to endure constant abuse from mancs the past few days as most of my mates are them but once we were in the pub we clearly outnumbered them. i was freely cursing the mancs to death with vulgarities and that probably took some shine off me as i was hitting on the waitress who clearly wasnt into football but well it was amazing. im very very happy tonight. manure should worship the ground we spit on those busturds!

oh that waitress was fcuking hot. she has my number. hope she texts me :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:57 pm

What better match to put in a good performance than this one. Even when we went 1 down I still had a good feeling about this. Excellent performance from all players and I like the look of Riera. Lets hope we contine this good run. We also made the champions look very ordinary which shows , from our point of view with Gerrard and Torres on the bench, that at least WE are not a one man team !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:11 pm

riera had a superb debut. i tried a new beer today. i hate beers. they all smell. but oh well we have our days.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby andy_g » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:20 pm

Fo Dne wrote:I think he could offer the team balance and ball retention in a similar vein to what Kewell did, hopefully he's physically in the same class as Kewell and as willing to win his headers then we'll be laughing.

physically in which sense, stu? prone to do himself an injury in a strong breeze or happy to get stuck in?  :D

looks to me like he has no worries putting himself about to be honest. he's a big lad and was happy to chase everything and push thetr players around when necessary. good to see him get an ovation when he was subbed off.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:24 pm

he is not that bad looking either
maypaxvobiscum

Postby rafa09 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:36 pm

wer,s the rafa haters gone?? ODE TO TEVEZ. sang to torres song.His neck scar proves he lost his head TEVEZ TEVEZ,You,ll neva :censored: a sexy bird,TEVEZ TEVEZ,you ugly :censored:,you argie :censored:,they,ve sewn your head on back to fron.Carlos tevez HERMAN MUSTER HEAD
rafa09

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 pm

rafa09 wrote:wer,s the rafa haters gone?? ODE TO TEVEZ. sang to torres song.His neck scar proves he lost his head TEVEZ TEVEZ,You,ll neva :censored: a sexy bird,TEVEZ TEVEZ,you ugly :censored:,you argie :censored:,they,ve sewn your head on back to fron.Carlos tevez HERMAN MUSTER HEAD

:lookaround
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:20 am

rafa09 wrote:wer,s the rafa haters gone?? ODE TO TEVEZ. sang to torres song.His neck scar proves he lost his head TEVEZ TEVEZ,You,ll neva :censored: a sexy bird,TEVEZ TEVEZ,you ugly :censored:,you argie :censored:,they,ve sewn your head on back to fron.Carlos tevez HERMAN MUSTER HEAD

:D

anyone raising a glass to arbeloa tonight cos i am, thought he had one of his best games in a red shirt today. MOTM has gotta be van der sar tho :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:37 am

Woollyback wrote:

:D

anyone raising a glass to arbeloa tonight cos i am, thought he had one of his best games in a red shirt today. MOTM has gotta be van der sar tho :laugh:

I'll raise a can, for me he is consistent and he is always one of the ones to blame when things dont go right. He could become our new Steve Finnan.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:53 am

I'm over the moon with that result, all the players played as well as they could and it was a great debut by Riera plus Rafa made all the right moves at the right time. I was seriously worried after the first few minutes though because they looked so dominant but we dug in and bossed them around, it was great to see. I just wish that Kuyt had half as much ability as he has effort because he's then be the best striker in the world, it's a shame but I won't talk bad about anyone after that result.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion