Liverpool v cska sofia - Team news, live updates etc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:44 pm

I just feel soon we will get the percentages on shot's per game speach :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:45 pm

Cisse started playing last season in August, when was his injury beginning October I think? Morientes was brought in, in January so Cisse has had say 2 months to prove himself back from injury compared to Morientes's 6/7 months to prove himself with us without breaking his leg in 2 places, but it is safe to say Cisse will be shown the exit door before Rafa mate Fernando ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:47 pm

I have no doubts we will improve,but with some of the players we have its gonna take some work. Morientes and Cisse just dont look interested -talk about laid back-and Zenden is useless. Please God Not SoLanoooo...its reminding me of the souness/walters  thing again  :wwww argghh lol. Anyway we are in the draw...roll on friday night
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:00 am

If they both come good not mention crouchy everybody will feel sick.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:09 am

We have a tough stretch coming up in the Prem.  This should be a wake up call and hopefully it'll get better and better.  :)

I really hope Nando and Cisse score against CSKA Moscow in the Supercup.  Confidence and a trophy, thats what we need right now.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:14 am

Yer but this one up front sh* isnt workin , Cisse didnt pair up with Baros when they played, neither did Morientes, everyone keeps saying bla bla is not in Rafas formation ???
Well what is Rafas prefered formation?
Cisse cant partner Morientes without gerrard or Alonso, Morientes cant play as a loan striker, Crouch has yet to prove himself :sniffle
We need goals and quick and fast, we cannot rely on any of our strikers that we have at this moment a natural poacher has  to be brought in Im afraid, step fourth Michael Owen :cool:
We are in the CL now whats the problem now?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:18 am

mikz re:-  Morientes and Cisse just dont look interested -talk about laid back-and Zenden is useless.
i think they look interested but they have difficulty linking up with each other which WILL improve and zenden is a good player and he really go's for it 100%
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:22 am

Hi Gaz, long time no see mate :)

I hope your right about Zenden mate ??? He loks like another "Kewell" to me, full of promise but no delivery ??? Tonight his passing (A Basic skill at this level) was abjectly poor and his link up play with Rise was non existant.

Like all LFC newcomers I wish the lad well but can't help feeling it's another false dawn.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:31 am

yes m8 long time but i think zenden is a good player and ive always rated him lets hope he gets on with the liverpool tactics and you will see a better player come of him
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:34 am

XSD, Sorry mate ,but when you say the game wasn't important I have to disagree . EVERY game we play is important ! .
I'll probabaly get dumped on for saying this BUT last seasons Champions league heroics aside when was the last time you were (really) convinced we were contenders for a comfortable place in the prems top 3 ?

We don't dominate and we don't create .
Sorry guy's , I know it's not politically correct to criticise our performances (espescially when we've just qualified for the CL proper) but the bottom line is ,we are looking distinctly average .
:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:44 am

To be honest woof, I fear that last seasons disappointing Premiership campaign has changed Rafa's view of the future somewhat. Could he have looked at teams such as Bolton and Everton and thought - we need to be more like them in order to be more consistent in the Premiership?

So far this season, none of us has seen the Liverpool we were expecting. We have been slow, lacking in urgency, lacking in creativity and looking a bit off pace.

The arrival of Crouch, and the insistance on playing Morientes obviously indicates Rafa is desperate to play a system that utilizes a targetman providing knockdowns and flick ons. It seems however, that we seem to be sacrificing that pace and urgency though... Perhaps I'm all wrong, but I just don't know what's going on.

I want to see the Liverpool that showed up for those games such as Arsenal and Juventus last season. This team CAN be great, as we've already seen at times. We just need to step up a gear and stop being so lethargic in games.  :(
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:46 am

Hi Woof Woof, fair point mate.

As you know I go to quite a few games and this season has been average (and that being kind !!!).

I suppose the end justifies the means and tonights end result (qualification for the Group Stages) was the only consolation.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafas Amigo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:26 am

we are thereend of story now can we just sit back and laugh at everton tomorrow
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:48 am

yep its goodbye everton tommorow. They can join cska in uefa and leave the champs league for the big boys  :wwww
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafas Amigo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:06 am

stoney wrote:yep its goodbye everton tommorow. They can join cska in uefa and leave the champs league for the big boys  :wwww

they can be the peoples club we will be the champions of europe sounds good to me
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion