Sunderland, cska sofia, cska moscow - 3 games in 6 days

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby thegreedo » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:07 pm

jammydodger wrote:I think you are wrongly underestimating CSKA Sofia..

They did win the UEFA cup ??? and are also owned by Roman Abramovich.. so they also have an unlimited supply of money... Strongest XI will HAVE TO be fielded to ensure victory

I think you'll find it was cska MOSKOW that won the uefa cup. And Abramovich's oil company sibneft sponsor them, he doesn't own the club.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:10 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:
Garymac wrote:Its a bit of chance isnt it putting 2 17 year olds in for are 1st home game and dropping Sami and Carra

NOT DROPPING RESTING they played against everton yesterday and it sounds like they played well

Yes but Antwi played as an emergency striker and hobbs in the Hamann role in midfield, they havent even had a game together at center half, plus sami and carra there not gonna get rested one game into the season but if someone did come in then it would be Whitbread.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby liverpoolrich » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:15 pm

Garymac wrote:
liverpoolrich wrote:
Garymac wrote:Its a bit of chance isnt it putting 2 17 year olds in for are 1st home game and dropping Sami and Carra

NOT DROPPING RESTING they played against everton yesterday and it sounds like they played well

Yes but Antwi played as an emergency striker and hobbs in the Hamann role in midfield, they havent even had a game together at center half, plus sami and carra there not gonna get rested one game into the season but if someone did come in then it would be Whitbread.

fair popint but id like to see how they get on in a premiership match
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:18 pm

Quote (7_Kewell @ Aug. 16 2005,18:06)
the champions league 2nd leg is all but won....obviously Rafa won't be foolish, but i expect to see Gerrard, Alonso and Hypia to be rested for it.

he'd better not, ive got a ticket

sorry fella, but i've got the feeling you will be watching the reserves.  I can't see Gerard or Alonso starting, although Gerrard might come on later.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:53 pm

just thought i'd let you know that the super cup game is live on ITV1, which means that even those without sky can watch it. :buttrock

the game's on my birthday aswell. double the reason to get lashed. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:13 pm

stmichael wrote:just thought i'd let you know that the super cup game is live on ITV1, which means that even those without sky can watch it. :buttrock

So is the Sofia match as well st mike, my birthday is the day after and with it being the beatles festival as well should be a good weekend eh kid.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:23 pm

the line up you have stated for the CSKA Sofia game i totally disagree with, we have established that sissoko and hamman cant play together alone. they are too similar, and the team looks flat and doesnt know what to do without either alonso or gerrard in there, so i expect one of them to play. maybe your anticipating a more defensive lineup by putting sissoko and hamman in there but i dont think rafa will play it that way, he'll look to score a goal quite early, just to be sure the tie is wrapped up.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Luis Garcia » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:33 pm

stmichael wrote:just thought i'd let you know that the super cup game is live on ITV1, which means that even those without sky can watch it. :buttrock

You'll have to wait until your 18 first matey

:D  :D  :D
Luis Garcia

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion