Liverpool v cska sofia - Team news, live updates etc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:50 pm

I agree with you on how cisse must be feeling ciggy,he needs more games to get his confidence up,i still think he could do a good job for us.Nando however......... :no
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:51 pm

Honest CGGS, it's just going to be one-liner posts from me while I'm on here tonight, I'm not motivated enough to post.  I'll try and let it all out tomorrow.

The one thing I can look back on and laugh about now, is that before I even got into the ground tonight, I knew I was going to be fucked because I had declined to bring my glasses for the match.  I wouldn't have been able to see a thing I said to the lads.  I was on Row 33 of the Kop and I could see two of the ball when it was stationary.  That's how bad my eyes are.

Looks like I had the last fucking laugh after all.  There's a lot to talk about after this match tonight, but I'm just not up to it.  :(
jonnymac1979

Postby dward » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:52 pm

so flippin frustrating :angry: :angry:
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:52 pm

i think ppl are being too critical of nando,a still think hes a superb striker and once he gets a couple of goals under his belt he'll be a new player than he is now.He still got into the goal scorin chances tonite and shud hav at least scored once but the more he gets into those positions one will go in eventually and that will hopefully lead to many many more.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:54 pm

mkingdom wrote:We couldn't keep hold of the ball, and CSKA showed us how to do it.  They had good possession and got in behind us with pace and incisive passing all too often.

i was quite impressed with them, especially in the first half. like you say, they gave us a lesson in how to move the ball. their number 8 (can't remember his name) ran the show for half an hour. infact their whole team was almost unrecognisable from the one we beat so comprehensively over there.

i suppose it's fortunate that we saved our bad performance for today and got away with it. hopefully it will give certain players a good kick up the ar$e. we did exactly the same against graz last season.

without gerrard and alonso, we do look really ordinary though, and that is worrying. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:54 pm

so flippin frustrating

very much so!!!  :veryangry
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:55 pm

I agree St mike........its worrying
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:57 pm

Woollyback wrote:
Bermenstein wrote:
Woollyback Aug. 23 2005,22:26 

stanley park, couldn't this have gone in the existing thread about tonight's game? You know, the one DIRECTLY NEXT TO THIS ONE STARING YOU IN THE FACE?

or is your opinion just so goddam important that it needs a thread all of its own?

Yes his opinion is so Goddam important that it needs a thread all of its own. It could be a very busy thread, under all thing rubbish this season at anfield this season. So why doesnt the moderator unlock the thread so we can continue posting in it, for some unbiased opinions.

you tool, it was a thread about tonight's game, right next to THE THREAD ABOUT TONIGHT'S GAME for fuck's sake

Your the fu*ckin tool.
I know its to do with tonights game, but his thread was titled "rubbish", and there is every reason for a thread of that topic.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:57 pm

drummerphil wrote:I agree with you on how cisse must be feeling ciggy,he needs more games to get his confidence up,i still think he could do a good job for us.Nando however......... :no

Phil how the f*ck must the fella be feelin right now though?
I know I have his name as my ID and he isnt my favourite player at the club, even when he first arrived my Id was just an ID I am a member from a few Liverpool forums, its not that I am a cisse mad fan.
But come f*ckin on even the commentators where asking why was Cisse replaced and not Morientes, I think Rafa is an excellent tactical manager, but Morientes is also his mate.
And we all want what is best for the club which is results from goal scorers Rafa is quick enough to drop players and critise them when they dont perform or do there job, well Hello Rafa your mate Fernando aint doing it.
And before anyone says bla bla you cant call Rafa, well I can this is an LFC forum at the end of the day.
FFS Rafa get Dirk kuiyt in if your selling Cisse, and replace Fernando with Michael Owen.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby is-stan-bul » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:57 pm

I have been a big fan of Morientes for many years but now i'm starting to lose my patients with him. He could improve if we do get a decent winger in but i think we should swallow our pride and go and get Mickey Owen back. I have a funny feeling that he could form a good partnership with morientes. :;):
Morientes wasn't the only poor performer on the night though, the whole team looks poor without Stevie G and Alonso in the engine room and that is a worry; we did look quite positive for the first 15 mins and but for the poor finishing it could have been a very different story, let's hope this was just an early season sluggish performance and that things pick up after the damn international break and lets face it with our next couple of fixtures being Spurs away (never lucky at their place) and then Man U$A the following week we're need to be performing a hell of alot better.
is-stan-bul

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:58 pm

Well at least we lost against this CSKA...which hopefully means we can improve and beat the other 1 and win our first silverware this season :)
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:59 pm

Got back from anfield just under half an hour now and can't help feeling that I could be £30 better off. The only good thing to come out of it was that sissoko looks promising. Sissoko was the only one that deserved to wear the red shirt tonight a truly gutsy performance. He was back tackling, going forward and was nlucky not to score.

Luis Garcia looked better when he came on and we slowly improved. We gave the ball away too much and hamann looked weiry at times. Morientes kept on getting tackled and was unable to hold up the play. Cisse wasted oppurtunities. Potter lost the ball and tried too many flicks that never came off and didn't get any crosses in. Riise got down the wing well but again lost the ball and ballooned free kicks with those 2 touch tactics. Warnock was once again solid got up and down, got stuck in, got tremendous crosses in but couldn't get back after coming forward and he gave corners away unnecesarilly.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:00 pm

Is it just me.................but,

Why did iTV interview Stevie G after the game?
I can understand that Rafa may not have come out because he is absolutely fuming at the result, and I suppose that this would also have the effect of the players not being available as they were being lambasted for a poor performance. (I am beginning to answer my own question here!! ??? :D ).

But I am sure if Alonso (for example) was in the stand and injured, then it would not have been as likely they interviewed him, though on the other hand if the team are 'unavailable' for comment (along with the manager!) then they probably would......FFS, ok scrap the first part of this post, I ave answered my own question (in part) it seems!!!! :D

But what really annoyed me, was te further asking of Gerrard about the Owen situation, I mean they never stop do they?? I mean they should not (though it is their job to an extent!) be putting him in that sort of position, having to answer those questions abuot Owen and other players we need and getting im to say (paraphrasing here) 'Yea we definetly need someone down the right', now although Rafa has said this HIMSELF, our players (IMO)should not be talking about who/what we need, especially with all te furore in the summer (with talk that SG was demanding better/certain players to be brought in....speculation I know, but nonetheless...).

I mean, I feel that it undermines other players, especially coming from SG, who is obviously the No.1 player in terms of ability, wages, prestige and media hype!! So for him to confirm we need someone down the right, is basically saying we are s.hit down there and nobody works in this position, no matter who we play there (which is of course true, we ALL know this!), but it might just have a negative affect on players that have been played out there - Potter, Cisse, Garcia et al!

But I think he was also interviewed to reinforce the fact he WAS NOT playing, and that was part of the reason for the poor performance, and also make out (as the pundits love to do at the moment!) that we are a one man team!

But TBH, if we dont start picking up our perfrmances AS A TEAM, and at the same time SG shines (even if we lose!) then this is gonna get ever more prevalent!
And what will that possibly lead to  - SG (once again) considering his options, becuase the team are basically NOT up to his ability and he is always pulling us out of the quagmire. I mean how convincing would we have been if SG had not played ONE game this season?  Not very, and IMO we should ALL see and know that, though it is hard to admit this to an outsider (non LFC fan!)!!

The person we get for the right side of midfield, not only has to be a WINGER (not a right midfielder), a real out and out, chalk on his boots winger, but ALSO is able to CREATE (like a robben, duff etc;), not just cross the ball, I want more than that TBH I want to see a lot more, because Cisse can cross a good ball from out there (dont forget the pace!) but he cant play there effectively really can he? If we dont sort it PROPERLY then our creativity levels are just not going to be high enough.

Yes we have SG and Alonso..........but then what? Zenden, isnt what we all hoped we were getting, as he drifts in WAY TOO MUCH, and it is annoying me already, add to this Garcia doing the exact same thing from the right, then we have up to 6 (3/4 mids + 2 att/1 att and the hole player) in the centre of the park, and you have to have emmense creativity to create in such little space (Arsenal are the ones that do this, often too often for their own good and trying to walk it in through the centre and being TOO intricate!).

I know there are not many RW out there right now (that are realistic) that really fit the bill, but something has to be done and soon.
Because if we have SG or Alonso injured (even frighteningly both at the same time), we are gonna struggle a lot IMO, and for me I think the creativity problem we currently have, is more serious than the strikers not being potent!!
76-1115222408

Postby Woollyback » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:01 pm

Bermenstein wrote:
Woollyback wrote:
Bermenstein wrote:
Woollyback Aug. 23 2005,22:26 

stanley park, couldn't this have gone in the existing thread about tonight's game? You know, the one DIRECTLY NEXT TO THIS ONE STARING YOU IN THE FACE?

or is your opinion just so goddam important that it needs a thread all of its own?

Yes his opinion is so Goddam important that it needs a thread all of its own. It could be a very busy thread, under all thing rubbish this season at anfield this season. So why doesnt the moderator unlock the thread so we can continue posting in it, for some unbiased opinions.

you tool, it was a thread about tonight's game, right next to THE THREAD ABOUT TONIGHT'S GAME for fuck's sake

Your the fu*ckin tool.
I know its to do with tonights game, but his thread was titled "rubbish", and there is every reason for a thread of that topic.

I really do give up with some of the fucking clowns on this forum
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dosserboy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:06 pm

First thoughts when I saw the team selection, Sissoko and hamann in the centre of midfield, no creativity! Alonso should have started IMO, got the early goal and THEN taken him off! and then brought on Sissoko to close the game up!
dosserboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion