JOHN FLANAGAN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:45 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:45 am wrote:Looked a real prospect last season, don't know what's happened to him. As everyone says, "still young and learning", hopefully he'll come good again.

Can't remember who the Centre Back pairings have been when he's played well, was it Carra that was coaching him through some of his early games ? last night he had Coates as one of the CB's, no blame on Coates for Flanno's performance but just maybe Flanno still needs that "in game coaching" from the likes of senior players like Carragher.

Agreed
Coates needs to learn how to say "Just fu'ckin hoof it anywhere!" in english if Carras not there
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:11 pm

I hope the lad keeps his head up. This is our disaster season. If it could go wrong, it's gone wrong, and Flanno is just another in a series of downers this year.

Chin up lad.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby The Good Yank » Sun May 06, 2012 3:23 pm

I'd like to see what this lad could bring as a holding midfielder.  He seems to have all the qualities that would make a good one.  Yeah it would be nice to bring in a great defensive midfielder as cover for Lucas, but a great one would want to play instead of Lucas, not going to find many willing to be second on the depth chart.  With Flanno, having Johnson and Kelly ahead of him at RB, hard to see where he would fit in.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 06, 2012 3:31 pm

i'd send him out on loan next season to another premier league side...perhaps one of the newly promoted ones, so he get 20-30 games under his belt. Otherwise he'll just be a bit part player and will vanish
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Instead of playing henderson on the right i would have moved johnson to RW.

Play kelly as a RB and keep flanagan as a reserve RB (he would have gotten a few games this way as kelly missed a lot of games).

He looked decent whenever he plays...so hope we continue to mold him into a good RB.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:58 am

We already have a holding midfielder that deserves a chance - Conor Coady.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 07, 2012 3:50 am

7_Kewell » Sun May 06, 2012 10:31 pm wrote:i'd send him out on loan next season to another premier league side...perhaps one of the newly promoted ones, so he get 20-30 games under his belt. Otherwise he'll just be a bit part player and will vanish

Agree, he's talented but too young, he needs more game time to perfect his trade, he's a risk playing for LFC at this current stage of development as we saw during teh EFC semi final when he was exposed a few times.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon May 07, 2012 4:25 am

Ya I'd like to send the likes of Flanno, Robinson, Spearing, maybe even Shelvey out on loan, depending on what we bring in next season.  If Aqua returns, Lucas returns, we've got Stevie again, Adam and Hendo as cover as well, then we should be good in the CM area if we buy another CM like it seems we are looking for.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:20 pm

A very good performance from him today.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:25 pm

he was our best defender by a mile, the other 3 looked like they had hangovers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Hopefully he gets a run on the left side now that Enrique is out for a bit.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:00 pm

I've always rated the lad since his debut against City ,had every faith in the kids ability,and today against the Bitter'z he was excellent.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:46 am

Not good enough by a mile for me and lacks an awful lot.

However, today thought the lad was outstanding. Brilliant defensively (apart from two or three early roasties that were handed to him) and attacked with purpose when he could and didn't give it away.

Really nice lad as well and made up for him today. Nearly MOM :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:45 am

He is solid ,tidy ,disciplined intelligent lad. He would do his defensive duties no issues there. The problem is with the options going forward ,lacks the skill to support the attacking play. In a way he is just opposite of Glen. One has no idea how to defend the other can't attack. But it's good to see we have a Valid option on the bench.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:21 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 pm wrote:I've always rated the lad since his debut against City ,had every faith in the kids ability,and today against the Bitter'z he was excellent.

:nod

I remember thinking what a great prospect he was but then he just sort of fell away UNTIL YESTERDAY  :buttrock

On that performance he's deffo re-established his future with us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion