Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:08 pm

good stuff
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 pm

good for him, he's earned it. Hopefully he has a long and successful career with Liverpool :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby shakey » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Well done lad,well deserved.
deffo a star for the future  :cool:
shakey

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Well in flanno lad.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:49 am

Whatever he had has gone. He was absolutely shocking last night, like an accident waiting to happen.
KK should have brought him off after the second foul as he looked like a rabbit in the headlights. It was obvious he was going to drop a bo'llock and boy, what a bo'llock! If I was Doni I would have chinned him in the dressing room
I dont know about never, but it would be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for me until he gets in the first team again.
Car crash football
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:48 am

Shocking 20 minutes from the young lad last night.  Could have been sent off and got Doni sent off.   
Also risked our entire FA Cup campaign.

Was it also Flanno that played the opening PL game of the season and screwed up so bad that he has hardly played since....?

He's a good lad and maybe one for the future but this is the risk you take when you play kids.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 am

feel sorry for the lad. he was looking like a decent prospect earlier this season and the end of last one, but maybe all this time without first team football has made him lose his confidence and his touch. he had a total nightmare last night but i hope the rest of the squad will have a quiet word and a joke with him and help him get back on his feet. i'm sure he'll be fine.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:30 pm

He is still young. Last season he played a lot more games and had a settled run in the side.

I don't think we should be too harsh just yet, he is just a kid, clearly though we need Johnson and/or Kelly back.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Looked a real prospect last season, don't know what's happened to him. As everyone says, "still young and learning", hopefully he'll come good again.

Can't remember who the Centre Back pairings have been when he's played well, was it Carra that was coaching him through some of his early games ? last night he had Coates as one of the CB's, no blame on Coates for Flanno's performance but just maybe Flanno still needs that "in game coaching" from the likes of senior players like Carragher.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm

it was just a bad day at the office. it's not as if all the other players in the squad haven't had at least one shocker this season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:36 pm

stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:19 pm wrote:it was just a bad day at the office. it's not as if all the other players in the squad haven't had at least one shocker this season.

That was a catastrophic shocker to be fair though.   :D 

I do hope the lad bounces back.  He needs to watch his discipline a little bit.  I've seen him getting carded quite a few times in his short career to date.  I thought Kenny should have taken him off last night after he avoided the red. He just looked like an accident waiting to happen.  And it did indeed prove to be the case a few mins later.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:04 pm

I feel for the boy ,but the hypocrisy from some Reds fans is astounding ....Coates is talked of as a young prospect who needs to play more
regularly to iron out some of his naivety and mistakes ,and yet we jump all over young Flanagan ( who the same applies to ) when he makes
the same glaring errors .

I hope Kenny gets behind the lad ,and doesn't let this hinder his progress ,because he looks a quality player when he's on his game ie
Arsenal and City games last season .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:04 pm wrote:I feel for the boy ,but the hypocrisy from some Reds fans is astounding ....Coates is talked of as a young prospect who needs to play more
regularly to iron out some of his naivety and mistakes ,and yet we jump all over young Flanagan ( who the same applies to ) when he makes

I hope Kenny gets behind the lad ,and doesn't let this hinder his progress ,because he looks a quality player when he's on his game ie

Coates is a bit different as he is 21 and already has international experience etc.  Flanno is still just 19 and a long way off 20. 
Given Carra's age and Aggers injury record its important for Coates to step up quickly.

Flanno probably needs that extra season before he is ready.  Just my 2 cents anyways.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:04 pm wrote:I feel for the boy ,but the hypocrisy from some Reds fans is astounding ....Coates is talked of as a young prospect who needs to play more

Coates is a bit different as he is 21 and already has international experience etc.  Flanno is still just 19 and a long way off 20. 
Given Carra's age and Aggers injury record its important for Coates to step up quickly.

Flanno probably needs that extra season before he is ready.  Just my 2 cents anyways.

In that case, Flanagan is more prone to schoolboy errors ? Sebastian Coates is an awesome defender ,but still has an uncertainty about his positioning .
The two players need time and patience to eradicate these  flaws from their game ......That said I thought Coates defending against Hoilett was
fantastic and he really looked a snip at the price yesterday .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion