Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:06 pm

fivecups » Jan 11th, '15, 12:47 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:40 am wrote:Very pleased we won yesterday, however, fans can't get away from the fact that:
1:  BR is still underachieving in all quarters of coaching, and his management of youngsters is bad (Academy players etc).
2: You can't get away from the fact that he has behaved exceptionally poorly with some players,treated them so badly, to the extent that he's been alienating them.   
3: His Press Conference comments are things that could be included in the Beano. He seriously needs to stop talking to the Press. He has been told by the Owners and others around him to think before speaking, has he listened? no he hasn't.
4: As I said, we won against Sunderland, and I am pleased, the fact is though, LFC's defence is still a shambles, we played high press football, so why wasn't this implemented much earlier in the season? Anyway, remember Sunderland, as far as I know, don't have a striker good enough, that is why they wanted Borini, is he good enough for LFC?
5: The Owners are part way through their full top down review of the Club, depending on the recommendations of the review, some major changes will take place. It is likely that BR and the Coaching staff will be replaced. Remeber, BR made several promises to the Owners for this Season. He hasn't kept any of them so far. Dumped out of the CL, (BR promised LFC would at least get into the last 16 or even beyond), He promised the EPL title (which is one of the major promises he made). Miracles do happen....what do you think, LFC win the title this season?? there are others that he just hasn't kept. He said to win the title, he'd need to spend, so the funding becomes available, and everyone can see the result -he brought players that didn't actually fit the system he wanted to play  :help

Kash, beyond your posts I haven't seen any commentary of evidence in regard to point 1-3 or 5??

There is plenty of commentary about those points Fivecups. Re point 5,  they are taking advice and guidance from 3rd parties with regards the best way forward. They haven't asked David Dein like last time. And yes, he made those promises, BR can't keep them having spent millions, hence one of the reasons for the review, including the transfer committee shambles

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:19 pm

Reg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:55 am wrote:Needlessly insulting as usual.

Reg, I'm not surprised that those who keep posting down right insulting and degrading posts regarding the manager are also the ones who are insulting to other posters inspite of the fact that they don't know them at all.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:05 pm

I got 2 words for BR - Alexis Sanchez! Every goal this midget drives in is a thorn in my side ,I still can't believe we didn't go ahead and splashed the extra money to convince him to come to Liverpool....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:33 pm

only me » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:05 pm wrote:I got 2 words for BR - Alexis Sanchez! Every goal this midget drives in is a thorn in my side ,I still can't believe we didn't go ahead and splashed the extra money to convince him to come to Liverpool....

You should direct that to the owners and Ian Ayre. BR has nothing to do with the amount of money thrown at a particular transfer target...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:03 pm

only me » Jan 11th, '15, 16:05 wrote:I got 2 words for BR - Alexis Sanchez! Every goal this midget drives in is a thorn in my side ,I still can't believe we didn't go ahead and splashed the extra money to convince him to come to Liverpool....

Tbh, even if LFC had offered more money, I think his preference would still have been the 'London' life, hence, opting for Arsenal.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:Very pleased we won yesterday, however, fans can't get away from the fact that:
1:  BR is still underachieving in all quarters of coaching, and his management of youngsters is bad (Academy players etc).
2: You can't get away from the fact that he has behaved exceptionally poorly with some players,treated them so badly, to the extent that he's been alienating them.   
3: His Press Conference comments are things that could be included in the Beano. He seriously needs to stop talking to the Press. He has been told by the Owners and others around him to think before speaking, has he listened? no he hasn't.
4: As I said, we won against Sunderland, and I am pleased, the fact is though, LFC's defence is still a shambles, we played high press football, so why wasn't this implemented much earlier in the season? Anyway, remember Sunderland, as far as I know, don't have a striker good enough, that is why they wanted Borini, is he good enough for LFC?
5: The Owners are part way through their full top down review of the Club, depending on the recommendations of the review, some major changes will take place. It is likely that BR and the Coaching staff will be replaced. Remeber, BR made several promises to the Owners for this Season. He hasn't kept any of them so far. Dumped out of the CL, (BR promised LFC would at least get into the last 16 or even beyond), He promised the EPL title (which is one of the major promises he made). Miracles do happen....what do you think, LFC win the title this season?? there are others that he just hasn't kept. He said to win the title, he'd need to spend, so the funding becomes available, and everyone can see the result -he brought players that didn't actually fit the system he wanted to play  :help

He should be sacked for point 3 alone...    :D

After witnessing Rafa's extreme smartness to not fall for the press "pitfalls" questions......

After witnessing the King's nonchalant response to the press (they deserve it) ......

And then there is Rodgers.... . If there was anybody else who loves to hear his own voice .....I haven't seen him yet.

Sometimes a simple Yes or No will suffice. Not for Rodgers though. He will ramble on for minutes ...beating around the bush and give the press more bullets to shoot back at him.

Gosh...his press conference is really cringe worthy. I usually change the channels when I see him getting interviewed. That's how bad it is.

BTW have you guys heard him somehow managing to get the word "intensity" into his answers regardless of the question asked......  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Lol, the 'intensity' word, yes, it's in every press conference. In fact, everyone is now saying it more often, whether it's on talksport, skysports or bt sports, they are all at it. BR's fault  :rasp . Btw, Who was it with the 'bounceback ability' ?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Ian dowie

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:03 pm wrote:
only me » Jan 11th, '15, 16:05 wrote:I got 2 words for BR - Alexis Sanchez! Every goal this midget drives in is a thorn in my side ,I still can't believe we didn't go ahead and splashed the extra money to convince him to come to Liverpool....

Tbh, even if LFC had offered more money, I think his preference would still have been the 'London' life, hence, opting for Arsenal.

"London Life" isn't worth +1m for his family in Liverpool. It was horrible dealing on our part especially when we had the leverage of Suarez moving to Barca.
Ffs we have players choosing to play in Siberia i think a sweet deal would have tipped the decision to our side...But hey we got Mario and Borini right?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:25 pm

only me » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:21 pm wrote:

"London Life" isn't worth +1m for his family in Liverpool. It was horrible dealing on our part especially when we had the leverage of Suarez moving to Barca.
Ffs we have players choosing to play in Siberia i think a sweet deal would have tipped the decision to our side...But hey we got Mario and Borini right?

Agree, he is looking like Player of the Year so far (which is simply incredible for a 1st year prem player) and it's downright outrageous that Arsenal was able to get him when we had Suarez as leverage.

As many posters and myself pointed out it has nothing to do with the "London life", Arsenal simply started talking to him earlier than us and Ayre the idiot was found holding his finger up his a**e yet again on this one :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:25 am

he is looking like Player of the Year so far (which is simply incredible for a 1st year prem player) and it's downright outrageous that Arsenal was able to get him when we had Suarez as leverage.

As many posters and myself pointed out it has nothing to do with the "London life", Arsenal simply started talking to him earlier than us and Ayre the idiot was found holding his finger up his a**e yet again on this one :no[/quote]

I would have done anything to sign Sanchez, fly the owners in, talk to the player, his family, offer him a ridiculous deal. Even give him every third week off to have coffee in London, ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Compared to Balotelli, Sanchez would only have to play 1 game in 20 and still be more useful.
killerp

Postby eds » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 am

18 goals and 8 assists so far in all games played. Phenomenal, simply phenomenal.

Hilarious that you had muppetry on here that didn't rate him when we were linked with him.

You even had a numskull on another thread that was comparing Shaquiri to him  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:10 am

Makes you wonder if we were actually serious about going for him, whether we really wanted to spend that much on 1 player, I doubt we did. You also have to look at it from the fact that Wenger got in there first and probably pointed out that going on recent history he had a better chance of CL football with them. I am not going to point the finger at BR on this as I am sure he would have wanted Sanchez, however, he should have been crawling all over him as Wenger was, the owners have to take the rap, Ayre probably had his hands tied as well as to the size of the contract on offer. TBH I just do not see FSG buying any marque signings.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:58 am

eds » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:25 pm wrote:
As many posters and myself pointed out it has nothing to do with the "London life", Arsenal simply started talking to him earlier than us and Ayre the idiot was found holding his finger up his a**e yet again on this one :no

It wasn't so much that Arsenal started talking to him earlier than us. His agent told anyone who cared to listen that he choose Arsenal because of their record in qualifying for the champions league (every season for the past 15 years).

Simples !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:28 am

only me » Jan 11th, '15, 21:21 wrote:

What I was getting at is the fact that LFC have no one in office that could have convinced Sanchez (not about money) to come to LFC, both BR and Ian Ayre are not good at convincing those top notch quality players, hence he preferred the 'London life'/Aresenal. If we had anyone in office decent enough, then maybe, just maybe he/she could have convinced Sanchez, but alas there is no one.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion