Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:48 pm

I can't believe the amount of whingeing on here... seriously get a hold of yourselves  :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Looks like a good call to give Raheem a rest. Two wins and a refreshed youngster for the run-in.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:20 pm

maguskwt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:48 pm wrote:I can't believe the amount of whingeing on here... seriously get a hold of yourselves  :no

well said
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:28 pm

lakes10 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:20 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:48 pm wrote:I can't believe the amount of whingeing on here... seriously get a hold of yourselves  :no

well said

Look who's whinging now.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Unbeaten in 7 with 5 wins. The Sterling break will benefit the kid and us. Turning point was Rodgers switching the system to 3-4-3 with wing backs and essentially two 'number 10s'. Markovic, Lallana and Can starting to look like proper players.

Dare I say credit to Rodgers? Still the man for the job imo.

No team hits the ground running with so many new players and losing both last season's main men (one sold and one through injury).

I think Balotelli and Lovren were mistakes but I also think we are a striker and a keeper off being a really good side.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:56 pm

I'll just add that the system I mentioned above is innovative and I've never seen another team use it. We have a forward thinking manager who isn't afraid to take risks. Credit where it's due.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanks Forever » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:03 am

JC_81 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:56 pm wrote:I'll just add that the system I mentioned above is innovative and I've never seen another team use it. We have a forward thinking manager who isn't afraid to take risks. Credit where it's due.

What??????! DUMBO.

This idiot has wasted over 150m of lfc cash. He buys kack and should be executed
Shanks Forever
LFC Basic Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:51 am

I just don't understand this biaseness against Rodgers. The criticism is really ridiculous. This claim of he has wasted 150 million or 210 million or whatever and nothing to show for?? Can you lot not see that in Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Moreno, Can, we have one of the brightest young talents in Europe with tremendous potential? Then there are still players like Ibe and origi and ilori to come in. We should also sign Manquillo permanently. If we can keep them together which we should, we will have quite a special team. I cant remember in modern times this number of talent coming into the first team. I don't think he has wasted all the millions. But they were used for longer term than most of you inpatient ***** wanted. I do admit that all is not well. For example lovren and balotelli appear to be loust signings. And we still have a soft centre. What BR needs to look into now is a dominant and dependable CM, a better goalkeeper, and an out and out striker in the mould of torres/ Owen/ fowler who can score consistently. And the owners need to support this.

The punishment needs to fit the crime, which at the moment does not.
Last edited by maguskwt on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:54 am

Boocity » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:28 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:20 pm wrote:

well said

Look who's whinging now.

Essays vs 1-2 liners mate...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:57 am

maguskwt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am wrote:I just don't understand this biaseness against Rodgers. The criticism is really ridiculous. This claim of he has wasted 150 million or 210 million or whatever and nothing to show for?? Can you lot not see that in Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Moreno, Can, we have one of the brightest young talents in Europe with tremendous potential? Then there are still players like Ibe and origi and ilori to come in. We should also sign Manquillo permanently. If we can keep them together which we should, we will have quite a special team. I cant remember in modern times this number of talent coming into the first team. I don't think he has wasted all the millions. But they were used for longer term than most of you inpatient ***** wanted. I do admit that all is not well. For example lovren and balotelli appear to be loust signings. And we still have a soft centre. What BR needs to look into now is a dominant and dependable CM, a better goalkeeper, and an out and out striker in the mould of torres/ Owen/ fowler who can score consistently. And the owners need to support this.

Well said Mags. The usual culprits are having a break eagerly awaiting our next loss so they can start again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:50 am

maguskwt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:51 am wrote:I just don't understand this biaseness against Rodgers. The criticism is really ridiculous. This claim of he has wasted 150 million or 210 million or whatever and nothing to show for?? Can you lot not see that in Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Moreno, Can, we have one of the brightest young talents in Europe with tremendous potential? Then there are still players like Ibe and origi and ilori to come in. We should also sign Manquillo permanently. If we can keep them together which we should, we will have quite a special team. I cant remember in modern times this number of talent coming into the first team. I don't think he has wasted all the millions. But they were used for longer term than most of you inpatient ***** wanted. I do admit that all is not well. For example lovren and balotelli appear to be loust signings. And we still have a soft centre. What BR needs to look into now is a dominant and dependable CM, a better goalkeeper, and an out and out striker in the mould of torres/ Owen/ fowler who can score consistently. And the owners need to support this.

So you are saying after spending over 200m we need to wait another 2-3 years for these kids to come good and then maybe, just maybe we might be a competitive team in the league and Europe?  :laugh:

Love your deluded optimism but its a incredibly flawed model as I have pointed out time and time again.

You could have said the same thing about Arsenal in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009...... You get the point don't you spaghetti noddles? Or is that a little too hard to understand?

When we have them all in their prime hitting their straps and winning trophies only then can we laud the plaudits on Rodgers that you seem to be doing a little bit too pre-maturely.

We have a massive hole to fill with a replacement for Mignolet, Gerrard and a striker to partner Sturridge up front (essentially our spine), so sorry if I burst your little fantasy land filled with nice smelling flowers, rainbows, sunshine and unicorns.

Make no mistakes the vultures will start swooping for Coutinho at the end of this season and if we can't hold on to him, none of what you are saying means diddly f**king squat.

Noddle head.  :no
Last edited by eds on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:55 am

Needlessly insulting as usual.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:28 am

Having a sook because someone disagrees with your delusional opinion, as usual.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Very pleased we won yesterday, however, fans can't get away from the fact that:
1:  BR is still underachieving in all quarters of coaching, and his management of youngsters is bad (Academy players etc).
2: You can't get away from the fact that he has behaved exceptionally poorly with some players,treated them so badly, to the extent that he's been alienating them.   
3: His Press Conference comments are things that could be included in the Beano. He seriously needs to stop talking to the Press. He has been told by the Owners and others around him to think before speaking, has he listened? no he hasn't.
4: As I said, we won against Sunderland, and I am pleased, the fact is though, LFC's defence is still a shambles, we played high press football, so why wasn't this implemented much earlier in the season? Anyway, remember Sunderland, as far as I know, don't have a striker good enough, that is why they wanted Borini, is he good enough for LFC?
5: The Owners are part way through their full top down review of the Club, depending on the recommendations of the review, some major changes will take place. It is likely that BR and the Coaching staff will be replaced. Remeber, BR made several promises to the Owners for this Season. He hasn't kept any of them so far. Dumped out of the CL, (BR promised LFC would at least get into the last 16 or even beyond), He promised the EPL title (which is one of the major promises he made). Miracles do happen....what do you think, LFC win the title this season?? there are others that he just hasn't kept. He said to win the title, he'd need to spend, so the funding becomes available, and everyone can see the result -he brought players that didn't actually fit the system he wanted to play  :help

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:40 am wrote:Very pleased we won yesterday, however, fans can't get away from the fact that:
1:  BR is still underachieving in all quarters of coaching, and his management of youngsters is bad (Academy players etc).
2: You can't get away from the fact that he has behaved exceptionally poorly with some players,treated them so badly, to the extent that he's been alienating them.   
3: His Press Conference comments are things that could be included in the Beano. He seriously needs to stop talking to the Press. He has been told by the Owners and others around him to think before speaking, has he listened? no he hasn't.
4: As I said, we won against Sunderland, and I am pleased, the fact is though, LFC's defence is still a shambles, we played high press football, so why wasn't this implemented much earlier in the season? Anyway, remember Sunderland, as far as I know, don't have a striker good enough, that is why they wanted Borini, is he good enough for LFC?
5: The Owners are part way through their full top down review of the Club, depending on the recommendations of the review, some major changes will take place. It is likely that BR and the Coaching staff will be replaced. Remeber, BR made several promises to the Owners for this Season. He hasn't kept any of them so far. Dumped out of the CL, (BR promised LFC would at least get into the last 16 or even beyond), He promised the EPL title (which is one of the major promises he made). Miracles do happen....what do you think, LFC win the title this season?? there are others that he just hasn't kept. He said to win the title, he'd need to spend, so the funding becomes available, and everyone can see the result -he brought players that didn't actually fit the system he wanted to play  :help

Kash, beyond your posts I haven't seen any commentary of evidence in regard to point 1-3 or 5??
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion