Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:42 pm wrote:Quite a few interesting things in tonight's Echo, apparently Benteke, Lallana, Lovren, Clyne and Milner were out and out Rodgers signings whilst Markovic, Moreno, Balotelli, Origi were committee signings.
Sunderland want to take Borini on loan and apparently the futures of Markovic, Illori and Texiera are up in the air as well.

Just read that earlier ,to be truthful it doesn't come as much of a surprise that all four undoubtedly talented players have been shunned ,and made to look like failures by either playing in a position that's not comfortable to them or in the more disturbing case of Ilori ,not played at all !

I think the owners need to take a good look at the mans personal and quite frankly driven agenda with regards to committee signings ,as I honestly don't believe it to be beneficial to our progress as a football club .

What's even more disconcerting is it doesn't mention whether Can and Firmino were committee signings ,or are we just to assume if they don't play then they fall into the same collative currently being ignored.   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:45 pm

I would hardly say it is fair to say Origi has been shunned or played out of position by Rodgers, given that it is one game into the season.

I would say that Rodgers' 'agenda' is much less blatant than yours.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:31 pm

JC_81 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:45 pm wrote:I would hardly say it is fair to say Origi has been shunned or played out of position by Rodgers, given that it is one game into the season.

I would say that Rodgers' 'agenda' is much less blatant than yours.

I guess I should have stated more clearly that attempts to discredit Origi haven't occurred yet ,but I wasn't aware I was down for a haunting  in making him inclusive to the collative.  ???

As for my agenda against the manager ,I think even you 'memory man' can detect the less than subtle change in my allegiances after we limped out of the Champions League ,I don't believe I've ever disguised my feelings about the fella since then.

Don't blame me that the media in their futile and desperate attempts to shield him and promote an affinity with fans that simply doesn't exist albeit for the (and yes I'm including you in that collative ) malleable ,have in all actuality supplied an armoury of  bullets for those not convinced by his mealy mouthed outpourings.

I mean just because you have trouble distinguishing  the stark contrast in lambasting his ineptitude or lapping the sweat of his rip is no concern of mine ,each to his own and all that . I like to think of my colours being tied firmly to the mast ,with no room to move betwixt light or shade ,you however seem to dip into the two.

Hope that's clear now fella ,we don't want this dragging on  :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:32 pm

I think we'd be crazy to get rid of Markovic, Ilorri and Texiera.
Because of the price tag I think some people are forgetting just how young Lazar is, he was born on the 2nd of March 1994, well Jordan Ibe's birthday was the 8th of December 1995, there's only 18 months between them, and as for Ilorri he hasn't even had a chance! How can Lovren get opportunity after opportunity to resurrect his train wreck of a Liverpool career whilst a Rolls Royce like Ilorri cant get a look in?
I like Brendan but this stinks of an internal power struggle between him and the transfer committee, if he wants to play political games behind the scene's that's up to him but he shouldn't be getting rid of 3 of the most promising players on our books to make a point.
I will be p1$$ed off if we get rid of young potential superstars like Markovic and Ilorri but keep average plodders like Allen, Lovren and Borini.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:40 pm

To be fair Ilori and Teixera have had serious injuries since we signed them, keeping them out for long periods, regardless of who signed them. Who knows what impact that has had on their development and maybe they're not the players the club had hoped they'd be at this stage of their careers. I agree getting rid of them is something I wouldn't do, but I'm not convinced they don't need further loan experience.

Markovic is a bit different. He's had opportunities, and not all out of position despite the claims of some. But he's been well short of what I expected when we signed him. I would give him one more season and hope he takes his chances when they come, otherwise his career here is over if he has a season like the last one.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:00 pm

JC_81 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:To be fair Ilori and Teixera have had serious injuries since we signed them, keeping them out for long periods, regardless of who signed them. Who knows what impact that has had on their development and maybe they're not the players the club had hoped they'd be at this stage of their careers. I agree getting rid of them is something I wouldn't do, but I'm not convinced they don't need further loan experience.

Markovic is a bit different. He's had opportunities, and not all out of position despite the claims of some. But he's been well short of what I expected when we signed him. I would give him one more season and hope he takes his chances when they come, otherwise his career here is over if he has a season like the last one.

I disagree mate, I think Markovic is terrific player, I just think he's probably lost a bit of heart.
It's in tonight's Echo that he was a committee signing so he probably sussed out pretty quick that he wasn't one of Brendan's favourite's and if he didn't, the way he was dumped on the bench for weeks every time he made a mistake probably spelt it out for him.
If Brendan had given Lazar the type of encouragement and backing that he gave Sterling (who's half @rsed performances frequently stunk the place out) I think we'd be seeing the benefit now.
As I said before Lazar is only 18 months older than Ibe but he has already won the title in two different countries and was a star in a Benfica side that reached the Europa League final. Managers and coaches who have worked with him have compared him to Christiano Ronaldo in terms of talent for his age and before anyone scoffs at that just remember how much work Ferguson had to put in to mould Ronaldo.
Young talents no matter how good they are still need developing, the Ronaldo you see today is a long way away from the 21 year old who used to do a million step overs then shank his cross.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:00 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:To be fair Ilori and Teixera have had serious injuries since we signed them, keeping them out for long periods, regardless of who signed them. Who knows what impact that has had on their development and maybe they're not the players the club had hoped they'd be at this stage of their careers. I agree getting rid of them is something I wouldn't do, but I'm not convinced they don't need further loan experience.

I disagree mate, I think Markovic is terrific player, I just think he's probably lost a bit of heart.
It's in tonight's Echo that he was a committee signing so he probably sussed out pretty quick that he wasn't one of Brendan's favourite's and if he didn't, the way he was dumped on the bench for weeks every time he made a mistake probably spelt it out for him.
If Brendan had given Lazar the type of encouragement and backing that he gave Sterling (who's half @rsed performances frequently stunk the place out) I think we'd be seeing the benefit now.
As I said before Lazar is only 18 months older than Ibe but he has already won the title in two different countries and was a star in a Benfica side that reached the Europa League final. Managers and coaches who have worked with him have compared him to Christiano Ronaldo in terms of talent for his age and before anyone scoffs at that just remember how much work Ferguson had to put in to mould Ronaldo.
Young talents no matter how good they are still need developing, the Ronaldo you see today is a long way away from the 21 year old who used to do a million step overs then shank his cross.

Couldn't agree more ,I think Lazar has shown enough in glimpses to see the impact he could  have on our attack ,and if played regularly could justify the outlay the club made.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:15 am

Moreno made 42 total appearances last season, with 28 league appearances. Hardly shunned now was he? At times it even looked like Rodgers favored Moreno!

As for Balotelli, you can't blame ANY manager for not trusting him. He is Ryan Babel Mk II, maybe worse. Even then he managed to chalk up 28 total appearances. Wasn't given a chance to proof himself eh?

Origi has not been played for 1 game, but there is no proof whatsoever that he has been shunned. We have alot of attacking players in the squad and the manager needs to to make a decision.

I would agree that only Markovic could have been given a bit more playing time. He made a few defensive errors in some games and then struggled to break into the starting 11. But this happens with other managers, Mourinho vs Mata, LVG vs Di Maria. And Markovic isn't even on the same level as both of those players.

So accusing Rodgers of shunning skillful talented players by exhibiting the examples of the above 4 players is way off the mark.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:39 am

Bodgers will spend the season creating his own downfall .....sooner he goes the better ,
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:19 am

supersub » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:39 am wrote:Bodgers will spend the season creating his own downfall .....sooner he goes the better ,

I Just hope we don't have to suffer anymore than 10 games under this crank, as even that's 10 too many.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:37 am

maguskwt » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:15 am wrote:Moreno made 42 total appearances last season, with 28 league appearances. Hardly shunned now was he? At times it even looked like Rodgers favored Moreno!

As for Balotelli, you can't blame ANY manager for not trusting him. He is Ryan Babel Mk II, maybe worse. Even then he managed to chalk up 28 total appearances. Wasn't given a chance to proof himself eh?

Origi has not been played for 1 game, but there is no proof whatsoever that he has been shunned. We have alot of attacking players in the squad and the manager needs to to make a decision.

I would agree that only Markovic could have been given a bit more playing time. He made a few defensive errors in some games and then struggled to break into the starting 11. But this happens with other managers, Mourinho vs Mata, LVG vs Di Maria. And Markovic isn't even on the same level as both of those players.

So accusing Rodgers of shunning skillful talented players by exhibiting the examples of the above 4 players is way off the mark.

Balotelli had only 940 minutes of league time last season which is only 190 minutes (about 2 full games) more than Daniel "call the doctor" Sturridge, who had 750 minutes!

Markovic played only 935 minutes of league time.

The only reason why Moreno played so much is because Rodgers didn't rate Enrique or he was injured for most of the season.

So before you start getting fresh with other forum members spaghetti noddle noggin head, check your basic facts before opening your mouth first.

That being said I don't subscribe to this Rodgers vs Transfer Committee theory. Most of the players we have brought in over the last 3-4 years have been dross and a large part of that responsibility lies with Rodgers and our owner's strategic obsession in buying players under the age of 25. Balotelli, Markovic, Origi, etc are all examples of this. Both Rodger's and the transfer committee's ineptitude are working towards our detriment. The sooner they are gone the better.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:34 pm

eds » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:37 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:15 am wrote:Moreno made 42 total appearances last season, with 28 league appearances. Hardly shunned now was he? At times it even looked like Rodgers favored Moreno!

Balotelli had only 940 minutes of league time last season which is only 190 minutes (about 2 full games) more than Daniel "call the doctor" Sturridge, who had 750 minutes!

Markovic played only 935 minutes of league time.

The only reason why Moreno played so much is because Rodgers didn't rate Enrique or he was injured for most of the season.

So before you start getting fresh with other forum members spaghetti noddle noggin head, check your basic facts before opening your mouth first.

That being said I don't subscribe to this Rodgers vs Transfer Committee theory. Most of the players we have brought in over the last 3-4 years have been dross and a large part of that responsibility lies with Rodgers and our owner's strategic obsession in buying players under the age of 25. Balotelli, Markovic, Origi, etc are all examples of this. Both Rodger's and the transfer committee's ineptitude are working towards our detriment. The sooner they are gone the better.

Nothing wrong with my facts nor what I said so there's no need for insults. You can check what I wrote and I didn't blow up anything like some of you just to have an agenda against the manager. Several managers before Rodgers had had problems with Balotelli. He had had more than enough game time at Liverpool and the simple fact is that he just blew it. Origi had been at Liverpool for a total number of 1 game. And if you insist Moreno had been shunned after 1 game into the season, one have to ask what you lot are smoking. If you can't see the obvious discord between the manager and some of the transfers then you are living in your own little world pointing all the blame to the manager. Not that I'd give a f*ck though so you just carry on...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby number 8 ynwa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 am

2 wins out of 2 games
6 points out of 6
2 clean sheets

Lets get rid of Rodgers now before he really ***** it up!!!

LOL

If we have another season like we did 2 years ago (you know, the one where we challenged for the Premiership title), will the "get Rodgers out" brigade change their mind???
number 8 ynwa
LFC Basic Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:53 am

number 8 ynwa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 am wrote:2 wins out of 2 games
6 points out of 6
2 clean sheets

LOL

If we have another season like we did 2 years ago (you know, the one where we challenged for the Premiership title), will the "get Rodgers out" brigade change their mind???

I won't! But I'll enjoy the ride just like a did two seasons ago!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:57 pm

number 8 ynwa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:41 am wrote:2 wins out of 2 games
6 points out of 6
2 clean sheets

LOL

I wouldn't jump the gun mate. Some tough away fixtures coming up for us. If we could manage draws against our top 4 rivals Arsenal, the mancs, Chelsea and man City, I would think that we've done well considering only the Manchester teams have 6 pts now...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion