Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:56 pm

What makes me laugh is that if we were winning trophies, the same fans criticising Rodgers' private life (which I'm guessing they know precious little about) would be complaining about our manager's private life being dragged through the press. In my opinion.

His private life is only being brought into it because people are unhappy with what went on on the pitch last season. And that, again in my opinion, is why it is unnecessary to bring his private life into it at all. It's just another stick to beat him with.

But I'm just glad we have such a bunch of morally high standing fans on this forum.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:08 pm

JC_81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:56 pm wrote:What makes me laugh is that if we were winning trophies, the same fans criticising Rodgers' private life (which I'm guessing they know precious little about) would be complaining about our manager's private life being dragged through the press. In my opinion.

Dragged through the press? Really?

He decided to cash in on his "tragedy" by publishing a book about it. He is promoting his book through the press and we are supposed to feel sorry for him because of it?
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:13 pm

JC_81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:56 pm wrote:What makes me laugh is that if we were winning trophies, the same fans criticising Rodgers' private life (which I'm guessing they know precious little about) would be complaining about our manager's private life being dragged through the press. In my opinion.

His private life is only being brought into it because people are unhappy with what went on on the pitch last season. And that, again in my opinion, is why it is unnecessary to bring his private life into it at all. It's just another stick to beat him with.

But I'm just glad we have such a bunch of morally high standing fans on this forum.

You're ignoring the fact he gave an interview. For me personally I don't know BR. Nor do I know much about him. All I can do, like anyone, is judge by the information going. Not just one article, but a collection, with many differing view points over time. Then there is his conduct in interviews. And let's not forget the overall onfield performances. Overall I don't like him. I don't think he's right for us.
The guys given an interview and Reds fans are entitled to talk about it. You're not here to police the forum are you? If so then maybe you and Leeroy could find something genuinely abusive to crusade against. Might as well close the forum down if posters get on others backs for having a different opinion. Maybe speaking about the topic and explaining why you believe folks opinions of BR are wrong would be a more productive approach.

Edit: it was a book? I thought it was an interview! It makes all this "respect his privacy" talk all the more ludicrous.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Considerably less ammunition would be a significant start ,taking away the plethora of bullets would suit those that believe they occupy the high ground and possibly do something to appease those that just think he's a twat ,at the same time allow those that see winning as a suitable smokescreen to mask the questionable morals of the man.

I think if we just list his qualities the longevity of this thread will be in serious jeopardy ,perhaps we should just have an 'outstanding' thread ,like a record of  when he's actually done something worth the description ....I think  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:50 pm

I think JC_81 has hit the nail on the head here, let's face it Luis dragged the name of this club through the mud, he allegedly racially abused a fellow pro (Evra), bit another (Ivanovic), wanted to move to one of our domestic rivals (Arsenal) and then basically called everyone at the club a bunch of liars when they wouldn't let him go.
He caused such a storm that the prime ministers of Britain and Uruguay ended up having words and the fallout from the whole thing probably went a long way to costing Kenny his dream job.
But if he announced tomorrow that he was fed up of life in Barcelona and wanted to come back here there'd be street parties and wild celebrations.
If Brendan had won the title 3 times in his 3 years here no one would be talking about his private life.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Good analogy Yakka.

This is in the same week as Mourinho banishes his medical staff from the bench for answering the referees request to treat an 'injured' player - ie fulfilling their professional duties. But you won't hear too many Chelsea fans questioning 'what type of man' he is. Why? Because when it comes to football he has got the results and trophies for their club.

Cue the response 'we're different from Chelsea fans blah blah...' For that see yakka's post above.

Bottom line football is a results business. Football fans very rarely turn on managers or players at their club when they're winning.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:51 pm

He could win 10 titles in 10 years but he would still be a w@nk€r  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:53 am

If he won ten titles he could do whatever he wants. One title meaning the EPL will do me fine. As for Suarez if he wanted to come back I would carry him back from Barcelona
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby supersub » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 am

Rodgers is a first class piece of Sh*t ... And won't win 1 title in 50 attempts ...the sooner he is sent back to the championship where he achieved his crowning glory , the better...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Wow you guys are such judgmental *****. Such hate filled remarks.

Do you know all the details and facts of BR's failed marriage? In fail marriages, more often than not It takes 2 hands to clap!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Im no Rodgers fan and think he's extremely lucky to still be employed by the club, however when i hear fans criticizing him for fake tanning, having new teeth, leaving his wife etc i cringe with embarrassment, its so pathetic. His private has nothing to do with his performance on the pitch and that's what we should be judging him on, as others have stated Luis Suarez was a hundred times worse than Rodgers and was constantly forgiven by the fans because of his world class talent, Rodgers only sackable offence is his completely average performance managing the team, why people bring his marriage and appearance issues into it is beyond me.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:35 pm

maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 am wrote:Wow you guys are such judgmental *****. Such hate filled remarks.

Do you know all the details and facts of BR's failed marriage? In fail marriages, more often than not It takes 2 hands to clap!

And here's you being judgemental of those expressing their opinions. What's with you lot? People are allowed to discuss things. It is not for you to judge what can or can't be said is it? Do you know all the facts? If so, then pray tell! If not, let people have their opinions without calling them judgemental *****'s whatever that last word was.
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Come on guys, let's remember that we WON our last game.

I know lots of people have questions about BR future as manager (I have loads  :D ) but let's not turn on each other or resort to petty, snide comments. He the manager and deserves the chance to redeem himself over last season's mess.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 pm wrote:Im no Rodgers fan and thinks he's extremely lucky to still be employed by the club, however when i hear fans criticizing him for fake tanning, having new teeth, leaving his wife etc i cringe with embarrassment, its so pathetic. His private has nothing to do with his performance on the pitch and that's what we should be judging him on, as others have stated Luis Suarez was a hundred times worse than Rodgers and was constantly forgiven by the fans because of his world class talent, Rodgers only sackable offence is his completely average performance managing the team, why people bring his marriage and appearance issues is beyond me.

And here's another example. Where is the line drawn? People are always having a go at players and managers for various things. Buck teeth, fat waiters, coke sniffers. Look at how many posts there are bitching about Balotelli's private life made by the very same people who tell us BR's published book is nothing to do with us.
When Robbie Fowler snorted the chalk at Goodison were people allowed to talk? When Brad Jones lost his child, were we allowed to talk? According to some here, the only thing we're justified in talking about is football. Not footballers or managers. Not WAGS. Heck, not even attitudes or loyalty. What business is any of this of ours?
Just because one person can't see a connection between a mans morals and personality and his suitability for a job doesn't mean others can't.

No offence like, but isn't this meant to be a liberal place?
RedAnt

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:47 pm

For what it's worth (which too many won't be much).
It is the manager who has gone to the press with a story. By all accounts it is the manager who is releasing a book.
If one chooses to hang out their dirty laundry in public, then don't be too surprised when the neighbours show and vent their disapproval.

The manager is promoting and raising his profile further commercially, and if we the fans have a conversation then that will lead to increased $ale$.
If he signs a book for one of his adhering fans, will this be frowned upon? Who really cares eh?
The manager co-owns over 120 houses as part of his estate. Long gone the days when a manager would own a few horses!

If one is too dance with the D£VIL then expect a hot dance floor...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion