Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:03 pm

RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:35 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 am wrote:Wow you guys are such judgmental *****. Such hate filled remarks.

Do you know all the details and facts of BR's failed marriage? In fail marriages, more often than not It takes 2 hands to clap!

And here's you being judgemental of those expressing their opinions. What's with you lot? People are allowed to discuss things. It is not for you to judge what can or can't be said is it? Do you know all the facts? If so, then pray tell! If not, let people have their opinions without calling them judgemental *****'s whatever that last word was.

Let me spell it out for you... P-R-I-C-K-S. And I didn't hide the spelling, the forum did. And I'm judgmental for calling you lot judgmental based on your posts which are CLEARLY judgmental however way you look at it?  :laugh:
Couldn't make it up! Whatever man... At least I'm judgmental with clear proof! :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 pm wrote:Im no Rodgers fan and thinks he's extremely lucky to still be employed by the club, however when i hear fans criticizing him for fake tanning, having new teeth, leaving his wife etc i cringe with embarrassment, its so pathetic. His private has nothing to do with his performance on the pitch and that's what we should be judging him on, as others have stated Luis Suarez was a hundred times worse than Rodgers and was constantly forgiven by the fans because of his world class talent, Rodgers only sackable offence is his completely average performance managing the team, why people bring his marriage and appearance issues is beyond me.

Precisely!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:09 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:47 pm wrote:For what it's worth (which too many won't be much).
It is the manager who has gone to the press with a story. By all accounts it is the manager who is releasing a book.
If one chooses to hang out their dirty laundry in public, then don't be too surprised when the neighbours show and vent their disapproval.

The manager is promoting and raising his profile further commercially, and if we the fans have a conversation then that will lead to increased $ale$.
If he signs a book for one of his adhering fans, will this be frowned upon? Who really cares eh?
The manager co-owns over 120 houses as part of his estate. Long gone the days when a manager would own a few horses!

If one is too dance with the D£VIL then expect a hot dance floor...

Good post.
Most things I know about BR are the things I read and the things I watch. I'm not daft. I read a lot and read between the lines.  Take a look at the things ex players have said. Look at Mario and Enrique. Look at the things he says in the press. Read lots of accounts to get a wider view. Watch the documentary! Read his book. Look at the post match interviews and how the finger points almost anywhere but at himself.
This is a man who upgraded his job, his teeth and his partner of 23 years all in a very short space of time. All in all, to me, and others, it doesn't paint a nice picture. Certainly not when hung up next to the likes of Kenny, Evans, Houllier, Shankly, Paisley and co.
That's all worthy of discussion isn't it? So why do people keep leaping in and having a go at fellow posters rather than form a credible defence of the issues?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:11 pm

maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:03 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:35 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 am wrote:Wow you guys are such judgmental *****. Such hate filled remarks.

Do you know all the details and facts of BR's failed marriage? In fail marriages, more often than not It takes 2 hands to clap!

And here's you being judgemental of those expressing their opinions. What's with you lot? People are allowed to discuss things. It is not for you to judge what can or can't be said is it? Do you know all the facts? If so, then pray tell! If not, let people have their opinions without calling them judgemental *****'s whatever that last word was.

Let me spell it out for you... P-R-I-C-K-S. And I didn't hide the spelling, the forum did. And I'm judgmental for calling you lot judgmental based on your posts which are CLEARLY judgmental however way you look at it?  :laugh:
Couldn't make it up! Whatever man... At least I'm judgmental with clear proof! :laugh:

Dude, I judge the manager on a Liverpool FC discussion forum. You, however, judge people who have differing view points and posting styles to you own ;)
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:21 pm

maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:07 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 pm wrote:Im no Rodgers fan and thinks he's extremely lucky to still be employed by the club, however when i hear fans criticizing him for fake tanning, having new teeth, leaving his wife etc i cringe with embarrassment, its so pathetic. His private has nothing to do with his performance on the pitch and that's what we should be judging him on, as others have stated Luis Suarez was a hundred times worse than Rodgers and was constantly forgiven by the fans because of his world class talent, Rodgers only sackable offence is his completely average performance managing the team, why people bring his marriage and appearance issues is beyond me.

Precisely!

Yep, top post by Fowler_E7 that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:55 pm

Posters want to have their opinion because they are fans of LFC and all of its affairs which includes the management of the club.
Football fans today probably have more sway power over their clubs than the TAXPAYER has over education, economics, enforcement i.e. politics...
If it were announced today that MP's were taking the PI$$ again with their expenses would calling them out be;
a. nosey, direspectful group of hate mongers?
b. A collective of concerned Tax Payers?

To answer the very question of this thread:
JOB TOO BIG FOR RODGERS?
Well obviously the job isn't too big for him as he's been doing so now for 3 years and counting. Everyday tirelessly!

If the question had read:
JOB TOO BIG FOR RODGERS (The way LFC fans expect the job to be done)
Then yes, the job is too big for Rodgers.

Just become one becomes PM doesn't mean he / she is the best person to head and lead the country forward. There is a democratic system in place.
Why even have a forum if the peeps aren't allowed to express their opinions?
Our forefathers collectively triumphed over the Nazis so that in the future, forums like this could exist.
Opinions are like $rsehole$, everyones got one.
If the TV program offends anyone. Simply turn it off...
...no need to diss each other.

WE ALL SUPPORT LFC. WE ALL SHARE A PASSION FOR LFC. WE ALL LIVE FOR LFC.
So it was written, so it shall be done.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:34 pm

RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:11 pm wrote:Dude, I judge the manager on a Liverpool FC discussion forum. You, however, judge people who have differing view points and posting styles to you own ;)

But that statement is a half truth isn't it? What you lot (and I don't specifically mean you) are actually doing is lambasting the manager's character from what info you have, what you read, without knowing all the facts, which does qualify as being "judgmental" based on the content, language and tone that you use and what I'm doing is in fact NOT "judging people who have differing view points and posting styles" BUT claiming that you lot are judgmental based on YOUR posts which qualify as being judgmental. So tell me which is worse?

Let me put it this way then,since you mention that this is a liberal place, I will OPINE that you lot are being judgmental! How about that? I am allowed to have an opinion correct?

As you can see it cuts both ways...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:43 pm

maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:34 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:11 pm wrote:Dude, I judge the manager on a Liverpool FC discussion forum. You, however, judge people who have differing view points and posting styles to you own ;)

But that statement is a half truth isn't it? What you lot (and I don't specifically mean you) are actually doing is lambasting the manager's character from what info you have, what you read, without knowing all the facts, which does qualify as being "judgmental" based on the content, language and tone that you use and what I'm doing is in fact NOT "judging people who have differing view points and posting styles" BUT claiming that you lot are judgmental based on YOUR posts which qualify as being judgmental. So tell me which is worse?

Let me put it this way then,since you mention that this is a liberal place, I will OPINE that you lot are being judgmental! How about that? I am allowed to have an opinion correct?

???

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:43 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:34 pm wrote:

???

That's an OUTSTANDING hieroglyph... where did you get it from?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:04 pm

RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:45 pm wrote:

And here's another example. Where is the line drawn? People are always having a go at players and managers for various things. Buck teeth, fat waiters, coke sniffers. Look at how many posts there are bitching about Balotelli's private life made by the very same people who tell us BR's published book is nothing to do with us.
When Robbie Fowler snorted the chalk at Goodison were people allowed to talk? When Brad Jones lost his child, were we allowed to talk? According to some here, the only thing we're justified in talking about is football. Not footballers or managers. Not WAGS. Heck, not even attitudes or loyalty. What business is any of this of ours?
Just because one person can't see a connection between a mans morals and personality and his suitability for a job doesn't mean others can't.

No offence like, but isn't this meant to be a liberal place?

I agree that Ballotelli gets unfair attention on his social life as well, i understand if a player is engaging in activities that can affect performance on the pitch but it seems these days that fans are obsessed with throwing petty insults about image, off the field behavior and social media. For instance ive seen people critiscise Jose Enrique for taking too many pictures on Instagram, as if taking a pictures distracts him from playing football  :laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Why thank you Magz ,it was acting all covert in the middle of your post so I extracted it thus it fell into its own format . Now it makes sense to an Egyptian  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:04 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:45 pm wrote:

And here's another example. Where is the line drawn? People are always having a go at players and managers for various things. Buck teeth, fat waiters, coke sniffers. Look at how many posts there are bitching about Balotelli's private life made by the very same people who tell us BR's published book is nothing to do with us.
When Robbie Fowler snorted the chalk at Goodison were people allowed to talk? When Brad Jones lost his child, were we allowed to talk? According to some here, the only thing we're justified in talking about is football. Not footballers or managers. Not WAGS. Heck, not even attitudes or loyalty. What business is any of this of ours?
Just because one person can't see a connection between a mans morals and personality and his suitability for a job doesn't mean others can't.

No offence like, but isn't this meant to be a liberal place?

I agree that Ballotelli gets unfair attention on his social life as well, i understand if a player is engaging in activities that can affect performance on the pitch but it seems these days that fans are obsessed with throwing petty insults about image, off the field behavior and social media. For instance ive seen people critiscise Jose Enrique for taking too many pictures on Instagram, as if taking a pictures distracts him from playing football  :laugh:

I understand, and agree. I don't think I've ever directed an insult at anyone in any of my posts here. If people perceive them as insults it's certainly never been intended. I've never spoken of his teeth until today, and that was simply because of certain generalisations others make. But surely discussing the manager and the info available is fair game and people shouldn't be dictating what others may or may not say. Some only post to directly address others, not about subject matter, but about the way people express themselves, so we end up trailing off on that. People also dictate terms such as support and what's valid and what isn't. Nobody has to back the manager. Because one fella thinks YNWA is an umbrella that anyone and everyone with a liver bird somewhere on their person, even a manager who has been with us for 3 years and yet to convince, or develope a mutual affinity with the fans, doesn't mean the next man does. Some see Brendan Rodgers as an employee on a huge salary, free to spend his money how he likes, free to live how he likes, but to remember he is very much under scrutiny from the public, fans and press. Some of those fans have been paying to see the team for decades. Rodgers has been here three years. And you can bet your butt that should he do well and Barca or someone come a-knocking, we'll be looking for a new manager.
RedAnt

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:48 pm

aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Quite a few interesting things in tonight's Echo, apparently Benteke, Lallana, Lovren, Clyne and Milner were out and out Rodgers signings whilst Markovic, Moreno, Balotelli, Origi were committee signings.
Sunderland want to take Borini on loan and apparently the futures of Markovic, Illori and Texiera are up in the air as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:09 pm

ilori and Texeira will both win the Champions league one day in their careers if we let them go we will be absolute fools

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion