Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby devaney » Mon May 18, 2015 10:10 am

That falls into the category what a load of made up bollux  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Mon May 18, 2015 10:14 am

Cheers Leroy - im looking forward to that lol
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 10:14 am

Mikz » Mon May 18, 2015 8:13 am wrote:just seen this posted on a group page.....

Ok guys , I have an update for you based on a discussion I had with a current club employee yesterday.
I can't elaborate any further as to his identity otherwise he could be identified & it could cost him his job so please don't ask me to.
The information is posted in good faith and this is what he told me:
1 FSG told Rodgers he needed to get top 4 otherwise he would be sacked, regardless of any domestic cup success.
2 The owners are definitely speaking to Klopp and Rafas people. They'll be having review with Rodgers next week after the Stoke game.
3. The owners are absolutely fuming about how this season has gone.
4. Should Rodgers survive then it will only be because Klopp or or Rafa can't agree terms of how to work with FSG.
5. It's all going on behind the scenes; the owners "are really ***** off"
6. The owners didn't want to come yesterday as they wanted it to be Stevie's day.They felt they If they turned up, all attention would've been diverted onto them.
7.They may POSSIBLY be here next week as Stevie has not played last game yet for LFC .
In the last 10 minutes Jurgen Klopp has gone from 7/1 into 11/4 to be next Liverpool manager
Just passing on some info to this great group

Speaking to Rafa's representatives?
Is this the same Rafa Benitez who was described as 'non-starter' by journo's close to the club last time his name was linked to the job (back when kenny was sacked). He'd just finished top of an Echo poll and was out of work back then too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Mon May 18, 2015 10:21 am

I dont know what the crack is mate..i just seen that and posted it to see what yous made of it. I hope its true myself
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon May 18, 2015 10:32 am

Hey Newkitters   

At this point I think its quite possible that Rodgers will lose his job really soon.  While I defended him a lot throughout the season, its gotten more and more difficult.  We got knocked out of the Europa League without a fight.  Gave up on the league when we still had a big chance of top 4 and got defeated by a pretty mediocre Villa side in the FA Cup semi.   Not to mention our awful transfer business last summer. 
With the likes of Suarez, Gerrard and Agger gone... Sterling looking to leave and Sturridge crocked, I'm starting to doubt that Rodgers has the ability to turn it around.   

However, United have signed Depay already.  They are rumoured to be signing Bale and still have money left over to sign other players.   They might lose DeGea but they'll have enough resources to get in a decent replacement. 
We know that Chelsea and City will strengthen as always.  (And they're currently quite a bit ahead of us anyways) 
And we know that Arsenal have more money and more stability than us. 
For us, we will be losing Steven Gerrard and quite possibly Sterling as well. 
To bridge the gap, we realistically need to spend big money that I'm certain the club doesn't have. 
We need a top striker, a top CB with leadership qualities, a top CM and some fullbacks and probably a Goalkeeper too.

For me, finishing in the top 4 has to become an aim for the club and not a target. 
Finishing in the top 4 is only possible for us if we overachieve and other teams under achieve or get distracted by Europe.  (last season)
Rodgers has had a par season as he admitted himself.  The problem is, we need a manager that can consistently perform above par both on and off the field.   

Would you all agree that top 4 is currently more of an aim than a target?  What expectations would you have of a new manager?
IMO, we need to start from scratch.  Get a new manager, sort out how player recruitment will work and proceed with caution. 
Try to pick up 2 or 3 decent players the next couple of windows and over time try to bridge the gap. 

While thats happening, hopefully we can sort out the stadium and start generating some much needed revenue.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 9:14 am wrote:
Mikz » Mon May 18, 2015 8:13 am wrote:just seen this posted on a group page.....

Ok guys , I have an update for you based on a discussion I had with a current club employee yesterday.
I can't elaborate any further as to his identity otherwise he could be identified & it could cost him his job so please don't ask me to.
1 FSG told Rodgers he needed to get top 4 otherwise he would be sacked, regardless of any domestic cup success.
2 The owners are definitely speaking to Klopp and Rafas people. They'll be having review with Rodgers next week after the Stoke game.
4. Should Rodgers survive then it will only be because Klopp or or Rafa can't agree terms of how to work with FSG.
6. The owners didn't want to come yesterday as they wanted it to be Stevie's day.They felt they If they turned up, all attention would've been diverted onto them.
7.They may POSSIBLY be here next week as Stevie has not played last game yet for LFC .
In the last 10 minutes Jurgen Klopp has gone from 7/1 into 11/4 to be next Liverpool manager

Speaking to Rafa's representatives?
Is this the same Rafa Benitez who was described as 'non-starter' by journo's close to the club last time his name was linked to the job (back when kenny was sacked). He'd just finished top of an Echo poll and was out of work back then too.

I wouldn't want Rafa back as well...For one single game i would pick him in a heartbeat but to get an entertaining ,quality players on board he isn't your guy. Still didn't got over the Aqua season in which ,similarly to BR ,he gambled our season away over an injured player.

Get Klopp ,Get Bilich ,Get Gus...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 18, 2015 10:57 am

jacdaniel » Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 am wrote:Hey Newkitters   

At this point I think its quite possible that Rodgers will lose his job really soon.  While I defended him a lot throughout the season, its gotten more and more difficult.  We got knocked out of the Europa League without a fight.  Gave up on the league when we still had a big chance of top 4 and got defeated by a pretty mediocre Villa side in the FA Cup semi.   Not to mention our awful transfer business last summer. 
With the likes of Suarez, Gerrard and Agger gone... Sterling looking to leave and Sturridge crocked, I'm starting to doubt that Rodgers has the ability to turn it around.   

However, United have signed Depay already.  They are rumoured to be signing Bale and still have money left over to sign other players.   They might lose DeGea but they'll have enough resources to get in a decent replacement. 
We know that Chelsea and City will strengthen as always.  (And they're currently quite a bit ahead of us anyways) 
And we know that Arsenal have more money and more stability than us. 
For us, we will be losing Steven Gerrard and quite possibly Sterling as well. 
To bridge the gap, we realistically need to spend big money that I'm certain the club doesn't have. 
We need a top striker, a top CB with leadership qualities, a top CM and some fullbacks and probably a Goalkeeper too.

For me, finishing in the top 4 has to become an aim for the club and not a target. 
Finishing in the top 4 is only possible for us if we overachieve and other teams under achieve or get distracted by Europe.  (last season)
Rodgers has had a par season as he admitted himself.  The problem is, we need a manager that can consistently perform above par both on and off the field.   

Would you all agree that top 4 is currently more of an aim than a target?  What expectations would you have of a new manager?
IMO, we need to start from scratch.  Get a new manager, sort out how player recruitment will work and proceed with caution. 
Try to pick up 2 or 3 decent players the next couple of windows and over time try to bridge the gap. 

While thats happening, hopefully we can sort out the stadium and start generating some much needed revenue.

I think wether or not BR is a good manager/coach is irrelevant now. It's gone sour for him. It's not all his fault. If the alleged circumstances he has to work under are true then I feel sorry for him. But that doesn't take away from the fact he seems utterly unable to get anything out of these players should be forgotten. He seems to have lost the plot. Though I'm not sure he ever knew the plot. That daft documentary didn't do him any favours.
At this point BR will not be able to attract the players to make his philosophy work. This season's failures have ruined any momentum and we won't be able to use the trick of 'we came second last year' to entice quality. Nor do we have CL football. No Suarez or Gerrard to make us more appealing. All we have is BR, Captain Henderson and a bunch of "potential". Well BR had lots of excuses this year, some real, some fake. But next year he'll only be able to use this years failings, failings that he has overseen. If the owners stick with him then I would agree that they don't really care about the club. As things stand right now next season is going to make this season look good. Something needs to be done!

If we do get a new manager he will have a real tough job to repair the damage BR and the committee has caused and will need a lot of support. BR has achieved nothing that would warrant more time. He's had three years and we still need 5 or 6 first teamers.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 18, 2015 3:34 pm

I read this piece on The daisycutter ,and although the writers intention was to pen his
personal humorous thoughts on Rodgers goal celebration ,I actually think his opinion
has been filtered down from the Kops own disbelief at the man's embarrassing reaction
every time a goal has been slotted this season ...Thank the heavens he chose this term
when the goals have been as rare as Nigel Pearson revealing his laughter lines.

Players are allowed to have trademark celebrations. Managers? No. Just no. The Cutter writes
an open letter to Brendan Rodgers imploring the retirement of his raised arm.

Dear Brendan,I think it’s fair to state that I’m not your biggest fan. There’s your monstrous ego
of course. How could I not start with that? A self-regard so deluded in nature that Jung would
have fashioned a brand new couch for it. If you were made of chocolate you absolutely wouldn’t
eat yourself. Because then the world would be deprived of a chocolate Brendan Rodgers.

Then there’s your mid-life crisis; a menopause that’s only missing the leather kecks and sparkling
gnashers to complete the full set of pathetic cliché. My mistake, just the trousers.
Lastly – and most galling of all – is your vainglorious crusade to portray yourself as Shankly Mk II
constantly peddling Liverpool mythologies to the cheap seats to elevate your own standing.

This is despite winning the grand total of sod all in your managerial career besides a play-off final
for Swansea. On an almost daily basis we are informed that Liverpool is special; a religion; more
than a football club it’s a family.

That last nugget is a particular favourite of yours, uttered like a hideous lovechild of David Brent and
Carla Lane. Seriously pal, enough with the aggrandizement of LFC because quite simply they are not
your mythologies to peddle. These folklores you espouse and the characteristics you boast of were
established by other men from another era. Men such as Kenny Dalglish who went on to manage Liverpool
l just like yourself – but won actual trophies and stuff during his reign – yet rarely felt the need to talk
up the club, probably because it was largely due to him that it became so special in the first place.

It would just be boasting.

Worse yet there is a distinct politician’s whiff about your constant trumpeting of the ‘Liverpool way’.
As I’m sure you’re acutely aware Brendan – can I call you the Brodge? No? Okay – many reds have
stitched together a security blanket from all that makes them so unique to comfort them through the
prolonged fall of their empire. As Dalglish slowly morphed into Andriy Voronin and their hated rivals
United repeatedly took their crown there was solace to be found in the passion and intelligence of
their support, the balladry of the Kop, the togetherness of the club. By repeating these parables ad
nauseam you are merely condescendingly playing up to the more susceptible sections of the fanbase.

I won’t swear – as I'm sure you wouldn't approve of that – so I’ll simply say this: It’s a cult’s trick.

Okay, enough with the character assassination. Because, although I’m certainly not your biggest fan
it is equally true to say that I don’t hate you. It isn’t possible to hate on anyone who once declared,
“My biggest mentor is myself”.

It’s also true to say that mostly I find you cloying in the extreme simply because you manage a rival
team to the one I support and that many of your unsavoury traits that leave a little sick in the mouth
– your conceit; your arrogance, and your hypocrisy – can be shared among other rival gaffers such as
Van Gaal and Mourinho.

I don’t hate you but…well, there is that one thing, the thing that explodes my spleen every time I witness it.
The thing I find more deplorable than FIFA corruption, diving, and Joey Barton combined.

Your one-handed goal celebration Brendan – the other always kept under-stated in pocket – is an affront to
baby Jesus and perfectly encapsulates the very worst of you. It displays calculated arrogance and implies
taking credit for someone else’s finery.

Managers are supposed to celebrate a goal vicariously, to revel in their player’s achievements. They, after
all, had very little to do with it besides pick that player and offer some pre-match instruction. They certainly
weren't the one who just twisted a full-back inside-out before curling a blinder into the bottom corner.

Yet there is dignity in even the most wild of reactions – a punching of the air or a group hug with backroom staff
– as it reflects the ecstasy of the fans while we in turn appreciate that the goal acts as a temporary release from
the suffocating pressure all coaches endure.

What is not dignified – far from it – is striking a studied Shearer-esque touchline pose that’s no doubt been practised
at length in front of your hallway mirror while your new girlfriend shouts out “Fiiit!! But try it with this jacket babe”.
No matter the importance of the strike – a last-minute winner or god-forfend a Balotelli shot on target – your response
is always the same. Contrived, pursed-lipped dad-cool that’s as fake as the tan on your face.

Please stop it Brendan. It’s not fitting for a manger of Liverpool football club. It’s not fitting for a manager of any football
club.....If you’re going to endlessly pontificate on your club’s class try and keep a little back for yourself.

Possibly how a large percentage of rival fans view our manager ,funny though and perhaps tinged with a decent dose of truth

Documented and painfully pictorial evidence

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon May 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Klopp in Fenerbache for talks

:lookaround
Kopite-Jud

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Oh no... now you have encouraged Kash Mountain to go on and on with his spin...  :wwww
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon May 18, 2015 5:34 pm

maguskwt » May 18th, '15, 17:04 wrote:

Oh no... now you have encouraged Kash Mountain to go on and on with his spin...  :wwww

:D oi, I don't do spin, though whoever wrote that seems to know something or two :-)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Santa » Mon May 18, 2015 10:08 pm

Kopite-Jud » Mon May 18, 2015 2:56 pm wrote:Klopp in Fenerbache for talks
:lookaround

Apparently that's the case...either FSG have not expressed interest, strike him off the list or that the man just have no interest in heading this way. Another season with Brendan is unfathomable. I don't care if we win or qualify for anything I just don't trust this deluded man heck even the stupid grin from Woy don't have this kind of effect on me #fucked
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Just a thought.
If B-Rod stays (which is virtually guaranteed) and turn this round next season, will all those who have slagged him off and bitched about him, apologise and admit they were wrong....?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Mikz » Mon May 18, 2015 11:32 pm

yes. And if he doesnt will all those who didnt remove the rosey specs and admit they were wrong?
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Mikz » Mon May 18, 2015 10:32 pm wrote:yes. And if he doesnt will all those who didnt remove the rosey specs and admit they were wrong?

Whoever they are, I hope they would...
:nod
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion