Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon May 18, 2015 11:40 pm

I'd be 1st to admit I was wrong.

I'd also love nothing more than to be wrong.
Kopite-Jud

Postby eds » Mon May 18, 2015 11:46 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon May 18, 2015 10:26 pm wrote:Just a thought.
If B-Rod stays (which is virtually guaranteed) and turn this round next season, will all those who have slagged him off and bitched about him, apologise and admit they were wrong....?
???

Just so we are clear, what is your definition of "turning it around"?
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 12:23 am

He won't "turn this around". Nor would anyone owe him an apology. He's given us an awful year. If he calls to apologise then in the event of him actually turning into a decent manager, I might reciprocate, depending on the circumstances of course. He was great last year remember? Oh wait, that was Suarez.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Santa » Tue May 19, 2015 1:50 am

So if he wins fuck all again and dragged us thru  another year playing passionless football, will you and Brendan apologise to us saying how dumb you are just asking this stupid question in the first place? Geez why the fuck would any numpty even expect me to apologise to this crippled donkey? He's being well paid and mandated to grow the club instead he just wrecked the club's structure and burned thru £230M on mostly a bunch of dross. Have no trust in him to ever to pull us out of this mess so this is a non-story to begin with!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 19, 2015 2:51 am

Thommo's perm » Mon May 18, 2015 10:26 pm wrote:Just a thought.
If B-Rod stays (which is virtually guaranteed) and turn this round next season, will all those who have slagged him off and bitched about him, apologise and admit they were wrong....?
???

Only if you provide me with the name of your dealer ,because that's some potent skunk your currently chonging fella  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 19, 2015 3:08 am

HOW he can turn it round?

Get his chocolate soldiers to grow up and start playing good football? Or bring in quality (expensive) players like United?

I don't think our squad has the character to turn it round so we're dependant on new players which doesn't look hopeful.

Under that scenario, BR will struggle to make it work and quite frankly if I was him, I'd give the owners the big heave ho and leave before his reputation gets tarnished trying to make wine out of water.

See it from BR's point of view, there's no point flogging a dead horse, if the strategy continues to bring in young hopefuls rather than quality then time to down yer tent and seek your fortune elsewhere.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 6:20 am

Reg » Tue May 19, 2015 2:08 am wrote:HOW he can turn it round?

Get his chocolate soldiers to grow up and start playing good football? Or bring in quality (expensive) players like United?

I don't think our squad has the character to turn it round so we're dependant on new players which doesn't look hopeful.

Under that scenario, BR will struggle to make it work and quite frankly if I was him, I'd give the owners the big heave ho and leave before his reputation gets tarnished trying to make wine out of water.

See it from BR's point of view, there's no point flogging a dead horse, if the strategy continues to bring in young hopefuls rather than quality then time to down yer tent and seek your fortune elsewhere.

Haven't you listened to BR, Reg? We've got character. Lots of it. Now we need one or two quality players and we're golden. BR is a pioneer. Forget being a good footballer. You need to be a technician. The more outstanding, the better. A good engine helps too. But mostly it's character.
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue May 19, 2015 8:30 am

When will we recieve some positive news ?

The past 6 weeks has been peppered with bad news after bad news.

We're on a downhill spiral with these clowns at the helm. (Rodgers and Ayre)

Like Neville said last night on MNF, we've had a disaster with contract / signings negotiations within the past 2 years.

These people are getting paid millions of pounds between them to do a competent job.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Santa » Tue May 19, 2015 8:52 am

Kopite-Jud » Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 am wrote:When will we recieve some positive news ?

The past 6 weeks has been peppered with bad news after bad news.

We're on a downhill spiral with these clowns at the helm. (Rodgers and Ayre)

Like Neville said last night on MNF, we've had a disaster with contract / signings negotiations within the past 2 years.

These people are getting paid millions of pounds between them to do a competent job.

For me it's not just the past few weeks but I was seriously concerned since around Sep when BR made us play a different game...gone are the swashbuckling, don't give a damm type of exciting football and in it's place, a brand of "play not to lose" kind of negative football. We lost a goal machine and not only have we not replaced him, we did not upgrade our back line to stop us shipping goals...this combo was worrying.

By chance BR discovered that he could play 3 in the back and our fortune somewhat turned but rival managers quickly found out how to play around this system and BR have no clue what to do next and hence our recent slump in form. Wake up and smell the coffee guys BR is no technical genius and this club should not be subjected to a manager with his limited technical ability.

We also have a bunch of yes man in suits sitting in the boardroom and our negotiation, be it for new recruits or current playing stuff are evidence for all to see. We need serious upgrade here and we just have very lightweight decision makers all across the board, trying to please the owners idea managing this club. #pathetic

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue May 19, 2015 10:22 am

Good balanced post Santa. Nice to see you wearing your sensible cap  :)

I totally agree that Rogers this season on far too many occasions has left us wondering if he is capable of doing the job at this level and it is unfortunately becoming obvious to more and more of us that he isn't. No lads I'm not asking for a WHINGE COMMITTEE application form just yet but I certainly agree that if we are to have any chance of moving forward then things have to change. Just how much of our recent failures and last seasons near title success are down to Rogers I'm not sure. It is very easy to simply say that last season was purely down to Suarez and Sturridge but surely there was more to it than that. Rogers however has to accept a large degree of responsibility for failing in certain areas. I never believed for one moment at the beginning of the season that I would see a Liverpool team fail to get a point from the likes of Crystal Palace who in January were heading for relegation.

Look at Fellani under Moyes and Van Girl. He is a totally different player. Would the same apply to Markovic, Lovren, Moreno, Balotelli (?) or Sterling if we had a manager with greater experience. The failing of the transfer committee to buy a proven high quality striker that could perform at Premiership level was totally unforgiveable and has resulted in the team failing to achieve a top four position. The owners took a chance with a relatively unproven manager at the highest level and now the writing looks as if it is certainly on the wall. The question is who do we get if Klopp goes somewhere else. I'm not convinced that giving Rafa another try would be the answer but I could be wrong. If however the choice was Rafa or Rogers then it is not a difficult decision !!!!

If we fail to win our last game I'd be very surprised if Rogers is still with us at the end of next week.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 10:50 am

devaney » Tue May 19, 2015 9:22 am wrote:Good balanced post Santa. Nice to see you wearing your sensible cap  :)

I totally agree that Rogers this season on far too many occasions has left us wondering if he is capable of doing the job at this level and it is unfortunately becoming obvious to more and more of us that he isn't. No lads I'm not asking for a WHINGE COMMITTEE application form just yet but I certainly agree that if we are to have any chance of moving forward then things have to change. Just how much of our recent failures and last seasons near title success are down to Rogers I'm not sure. It is very easy to simply say that last season was purely down to Suarez and Sturridge but surely there was more to it than that. Rogers however has to accept a large degree of responsibility for failing in certain areas. I never believed for one moment at the beginning of the season that I would see a Liverpool team fail to get a point from the likes of Crystal Palace who in January were heading for relegation.

Look at Fellani under Moyes and Van Girl. He is a totally different player. Would the same apply to Markovic, Lovren, Moreno, Balotelli (?) or Sterling if we had a manager with greater experience. The failing of the transfer committee to buy a proven high quality striker that could perform at Premiership level was totally unforgiveable and has resulted in the team failing to achieve a top four position. The owners took a chance with a relatively unproven manager at the highest level and now the writing looks as if it is certainly on the wall. The question is who do we get if Klopp goes somewhere else. I'm not convinced that giving Rafa another try would be the answer but I could be wrong. If however the choice was Rafa or Rogers then it is not a difficult decision !!!!

If we fail to win our last game I'd be very surprised if Rogers is still with us at the end of next week.

You don't need to apply to be in the committee, mate. Just whinge away and see if anyone adds you, like you did with us :D

Last year wasn't solely down to Suarez. Of course not. Other teams played badly. We were fresh. No one knew how to handle Suarez. The press hype coupled with his phenomenal talent had oppositions terrified. That allowed others to relax and have more space. It really is possible for one man to propel a team beyond their means. And maybe if BR had been more humble and openly stated that Suarez was the man (even if he didn't believe it) he could have took the pressure of himself and the team. And players like Sterling might not think they're so great. What's BR expect when he constantly bigs Sterling up and gives him holidays when others have to work?
BRs man-managing leaves a LOT to be desired for a club like ours. Look at his use of Sterling, Balotelli, Can  and Coutinho this year. Can may be versatile, but even I know you don't play him at right back against top players.

Then there's all the weird words and terms he's trying to bring to the game. He has no leaders or world class players to talk about so he insults our intelligence talking about 'character' and 'technicians'. Wtf? And now after three years of failings he's saying we don't have quality or experience or that we have no leaders. Three years in charge and God knows how much money spent, and he rolls that one out? If I was Henry I'd be p*ssed off, big time.

What does Brendan do? To this day I don't understand. If he's not in charge of signings or contracts and only has onfield responsibilities, then isn't he a coach, rather than manager? And the lack of tactics, passion and desires from our players isn't currently reflecting well on his coaching abilities.

I don't know who'd replace him. Maybe Klopps people are talking about Fenerbache to try and draw some offers in from elsewhere. Rafa seems to do well everywhere he goes but I'm not sure we should have him back. Right now I'd rather have Woy back than carry on under Rodgers.
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 19, 2015 1:11 pm

[quote="RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 9:50 am"Right now I'd rather have Woy back than carry on under Rodgers.[/quote]
Are you trolling? You must be trolling...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

maguskwt » Tue May 19, 2015 12:11 pm wrote:[quote="RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 9:50 am"Right now I'd rather have Woy back than carry on under Rodgers.

Are you trolling? You must be trolling...[/quote]

What the fook is it with people like you that post to other posters to call them trolls whilst having nothing to say on the theme of the thread? Look up the definition of troll. Look at hypocrite while you have the dictionary out.
RedAnt

Postby Santa » Tue May 19, 2015 1:16 pm

RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 9:50 am wrote:Right now I'd rather have Woy back than carry on under Rodgers.

There are some dark places that we should not go, even when death beckons!  LOL :p

Moyes to replace van Girl?  :rasp

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Hold Roy's record and experience up against BRs. I'm not saying Hodgsons good. I'm saying BR is (in my opinion) the worst manager we've had.
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion