Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Reg » Tue May 12, 2015 9:12 pm

The only thing thats being repeatedly demonstrated is the emotional inability of Liverpool fans to let go of hopes we could be the same team without Suarez. Blame the manager, don't blame the players. Blame the owners. Blame anyone but the players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Reg wrote:The only thing thats being repeatedly demonstrated is the emotional inability of Liverpool fans to let go of hopes we could be the same team without Suarez. Blame the manager, don't blame the players. Blame the owners. Blame anyone but the players.

Gerrard and Sterling have to take much of the responsibility for the state we are in due their distractions and negative attitudes.
Not good when both players publicly say they would have signed new contracts last summer. Then the Sterling "Im a greedy little tw@t, but its not about money "show, with a disastrous interview to let us know "the truth"
I believe its tainted Gerrard and took a bit of the shine off his departure. As for Sterling, put the ball in the Fu*king net before you start demanding more dosh lad
:no
Last edited by Thommo's perm on Tue May 12, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 pm

I agree, our season fell apart purely on the distraction caused by Sterling and his agent at the worst possible time. We were on a good little run and unbeaten in the league this year at that point.

I'd honestly be happy to see him go at the right price.. I feel he's reached his peak as a player already.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Our poor season wasn't down to Sterling, we just left ourselves too much to do after a terrible start.
There was a little spell around October/November where we accrued just 2 points from a possible 18 against teams that we should have really been beating (Newcastle, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Hull, Aston Villa and Sunderland).
Even if we'd just got 9 points from that lot we'd be in the top 4 now. That's where we fvcked up.
The timing of Sterlings interview etc wasn't great but it didn't ruin our entire campaign.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 12, 2015 11:06 pm

Fookin hell lads  :glare:  Blaming gerrard and sterling for our season derailing  :help
Gerrard was in and out of the side before he had a lay off with injury but still ended up being the clubs top scorer and won us 4 points in the last 2 games  :nod .
From my memory as well it wasn't sterling who was running around blabbing about his contract to the media months before he gave that interview to the beeb  :no  it was that idiot of a manager who turned the fans on him by disclosing those details to any hack that would listen.

Knew there was a few here with their heads buried in the sand but some have actually reached bedrock.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed May 13, 2015 12:06 am

leeroy74 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm wrote:
eds » Tue May 12, 2015 1:20 pm wrote:On another note:

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2445175/liverpool-held-memphis-depay-talks-with-psv-brands

The shiny teethed clown should have just kept his mouth shut rather then blatantly lie about the fact that we weren't interested in Depay.

Embarrassing our club, yet again.  :no

But yet LVG came out and said he didn't want to sign Depay until summer but had to do it quick because Depay had sorted a deal with PSG. No mention of LFC at all, kind of makes it look like Rodgers was maybe saying the truth? or doesn't that fit your agenda? no, brush over that fact.

In fact, after rading the link fully it would seem Ian Ayres might have spoke with PSV not Brendan, so whats your f@cking point eds you Sh*t stirrer?

So you are telling us that Ian Ayre went off on his own to talk to Depay without even mentioning it to Rodgers........  :laugh:

Glad you clarified that for us Leeroy Jenkins.

"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Wed May 13, 2015 12:10 am

devaney » Tue May 12, 2015 2:41 pm wrote:Eds - I thought I actually mentioned a couple of BR's strengths. You clearly ignored them as you don't want to give him credit for anything which just about sums up everything you write which is just one long tedious tantrum  :help

And you are clearly ignoring the even longer list of Rodger's flaws and mistakes.

Waiving off valid points and calling them tantrums is just downright stupid Dev, and you know that mate.

Just stick to arguing the points rather then having a sook on why people don't share your misguided views on the shiny teethed one.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby eds » Wed May 13, 2015 12:15 am

maguskwt » Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 pm wrote:
eds » Tue May 12, 2015 1:14 pm wrote:Thanks Dev but you are only confirming what I said previously, you and the rest of the Rodgers cultists can't present a SINGLE valid reason why he should stay.

Not after he was given 120m to spend and the squad looks even worse than what it did at the end of last season. 

Call people whingers all you want, but it won't help your cause. 

Although I am enjoying the tantrums you lot are throwing, it's f**king hilarious  :laugh:

If you browse through this forum, you will more often than not see that the whinging brigade are the ones throwing the tantrums not the other way round... :laugh:

OK so fans offering valid reasons why Rodgers should go is now a tantrum  :laugh:

But cultists like yourself offering no discourse but simply calling people "whingers" because you have NO VALID reasons for him staying isn't  :laugh:  :laugh:

You lot aren't just deluded but you are also a laughing stock alongside our manager.

eds

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:22 am

idiot
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 13, 2015 8:48 am

I wish I was rock 'ard too.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed May 13, 2015 9:25 am

I find your comments offensive eds  :no
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 13, 2015 3:11 pm

eds » Tue May 12, 2015 11:15 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 pm wrote:
eds » Tue May 12, 2015 1:14 pm wrote:Thanks Dev but you are only confirming what I said previously, you and the rest of the Rodgers cultists can't present a SINGLE valid reason why he should stay.

Not after he was given 120m to spend and the squad looks even worse than what it did at the end of last season. 

Call people whingers all you want, but it won't help your cause. 

Although I am enjoying the tantrums you lot are throwing, it's f**king hilarious  :laugh:

If you browse through this forum, you will more often than not see that the whinging brigade are the ones throwing the tantrums not the other way round... :laugh:

OK so fans offering valid reasons why Rodgers should go is now a tantrum  :laugh:

But cultists like yourself offering no discourse but simply calling people "whingers" because you have NO VALID reasons for him staying isn't  :laugh:  :laugh:

You lot aren't just deluded but you are also a laughing stock alongside our manager.

If you read through this forum carefully enough, and just stop only rereading your own posts like the self absorbed person you are, myself and plenty of others like yakka have posted plenty of objective and fair discourse on why the manager shouldn't be fired. Not like you lot that keeps complaining ad nauseam about the managers' tan, white teeth, who sleeps with, what he says in the media, etc etc...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed May 13, 2015 3:42 pm

eds » Tue May 12, 2015 11:06 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm wrote:
eds » Tue May 12, 2015 1:20 pm wrote:On another note:

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2445175/liverpool-held-memphis-depay-talks-with-psv-brands

The shiny teethed clown should have just kept his mouth shut rather then blatantly lie about the fact that we weren't interested in Depay.

Embarrassing our club, yet again.  :no

But yet LVG came out and said he didn't want to sign Depay until summer but had to do it quick because Depay had sorted a deal with PSG. No mention of LFC at all, kind of makes it look like Rodgers was maybe saying the truth? or doesn't that fit your agenda? no, brush over that fact.

In fact, after rading the link fully it would seem Ian Ayres might have spoke with PSV not Brendan, so whats your f@cking point eds you Sh*t stirrer?

So you are telling us that Ian Ayre went off on his own to talk to Depay without even mentioning it to Rodgers........  :laugh:

Glad you clarified that for us Leeroy Jenkins.

Nah...Rodgers just blatantly lie to mask the sour taste in his mouth for losing Depay...this  egoistic fucker is just so lost in the game against seasoned operators and cannot be trusted to lead the club onwards. #nofaith
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 pm

I wonder if the Taleban's available on friday to stone him to death?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed May 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Comparing a group of religious fundamentalists stoning people because of nothing but blind faith in a religion to another group that defends Rodgers on the same blind faith that things will eventually get better. 

You couldn't make up that irony Reg.  :laugh:

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion