Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Wow... you heard Rodgers comment ? $ucking up to those plastic chel$hit fans. Taking gerrard so that those idiotic Chelsea fans can give him a standing ovation....while we needed to score a goal (although I have been critical of gerrard playing as a DM....I have always maintained that he is an excellent goalscorer).

That is his final nail in his coffin........ Hopefully we have a manager who is truly 100% behind this club next season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 10, 2015 6:43 pm

The_Rock » Sun May 10, 2015 5:39 pm wrote:Wow... you heard Rodgers comment ? $ucking up to those plastic chel$hit fans. Taking gerrard so that those idiotic Chelsea fans can give him a standing ovation....while we needed to score a goal (although I have been critical of gerrard playing as a DM....I have always maintained that he is an excellent goalscorer).

That is his final nail in his coffin........ Hopefully we have a manager who is truly 100% behind this club next season.

very well put  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 10, 2015 7:51 pm

He will still be here next season
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun May 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Right...

He has just said he took Gerrard off to get a standing ovation at Stamford Bridge.

Our top goal scorer

Our captain

Our leader

Our best set piece taker

He's just also said we lost 3 starters suarez sturridge and flanagan...

Really? He should refrain from interviews because he makes himself look more of a t1t every day
Kopite-Jud

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 10, 2015 8:08 pm

After 3 years its blatantly obvious that the job is too big for him. Newcastle awaits you brendan.

About depay  :laugh: Henry would have sacked him on the spot if he had of come out and said the truth that depay just wanted to work with the man he blocked them from hiring  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun May 10, 2015 9:00 pm

I thought it was the Everton fans who were called the bitters?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Reg wrote:I thought it was the Everton fans who were called the bitters?

Its becoming embarrassing now Reginald. Next thing you know, they'll be booing...
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Mon May 11, 2015 3:31 am

Thommo's perm » Sun May 10, 2015 2:57 pm wrote:

Its becoming embarrassing now Reginald. Next thing you know, they'll be booing...

Or flying a "Rogers Out" banner over the stadium...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby eds » Mon May 11, 2015 7:06 am

I think the main reason why so many fans have turned on Rodgers, is because of the resounding belief that he simply can't take us forward.

There is an extremely long list of valid reasons why he has failed and should be shown the door, to a name a few:

* His management style of isolating players, choosing favourites and continually relying on formations that haven't worked
* His abysmal transfer failings over the last 3 years
* His naivety when it has come to forward planning
* His abject failure in the CL group stage
* His inability in motivating our players to beating opponents in key games
* His tedious and often predictably stupid interviews

And yet I am still waiting to hear a valid reason from the apologists on why he should stay.

To stop instability at the club?
Because of last season?
Because he is young and will make mistakes?
Because there aren't any "better" managers out there?
None of them carry any water.

And yet there is this arrogance from this group of blind supporters that they somehow know better even though they can't articulate why Rodgers should stay.
They mock other fans on "righting-off" next season before it has started, probably the same fans that knew this season was going to be a struggle BEFORE it started with the army of dross coming through our doors and losing Suarez.
They have subscribed to this "myth" that if we keep changing managers we won't be successful. Funny how City and Chelsea have chopped and changed managers yet still been able to win trophies. Oh but we don't want to be like "them"  :laugh: Ok, who do we want to be like? Arsenal? Who have had the same manager for the last ten years and won f**k all in that time?
And lastly, but surely the worst they think they are the sole custodians of patience and virtue when they neglect the tiny fact that WE ALL haven't seen a domestic title arrive in the last quarter of a century. Something which makes us truly unique in the world of football, as one of the world's MOST patient fans.

It's almost like they haven't moved on from the first stage of grief........denial.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 11, 2015 7:19 am

Good post eds with some good points
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 11, 2015 8:05 am

eds » Mon May 11, 2015 6:06 am wrote:I think the main reason why so many fans have turned on Rodgers, is because of the resounding belief that he simply can't take us forward.

There is an extremely long list of valid reasons why he has failed and should be shown the door, to a name a few:

* His management style of isolating players, choosing favourites and continually relying on formations that haven't worked
* His abysmal transfer failings over the last 3 years
* His naivety when it has come to forward planning
* His abject failure in the CL group stage
* His inability in motivating our players to beating opponents in key games
* His tedious and often predictably stupid interviews

And yet I am still waiting to hear a valid reason from the apologists on why he should stay.

To stop instability at the club?
Because of last season?
Because he is young and will make mistakes?
Because there aren't any "better" managers out there?
None of them carry any water.

And yet there is this arrogance from this group of blind supporters that they somehow know better even though they can't articulate why Rodgers should stay.
They mock other fans on "righting-off" next season before it has started, probably the same fans that knew this season was going to be a struggle BEFORE it started with the army of dross coming through our doors and losing Suarez.
They have subscribed to this "myth" that if we keep changing managers we won't be successful. Funny how City and Chelsea have chopped and changed managers yet still been able to win trophies. Oh but we don't want to be like "them"  :laugh: Ok, who do we want to be like? Arsenal? Who have had the same manager for the last ten years and won f**k all in that time?
And lastly, but surely the worst they think they are the sole custodians of patience and virtue when they neglect the tiny fact that WE ALL haven't seen a domestic title arrive in the last quarter of a century. Something which makes us truly unique in the world of football, as one of the world's MOST patient fans.

It's almost like they haven't moved on from the first stage of grief........denial.  :no

Well said, Eds. You seem to articulate pretty well what a lot of us feel. Some posters, not naming names, have become like Rodgers. Ran out of excuses yet still coming up with them!
If Rodgers is still in charge next season it's because the owners are clueless and working on a slim budget. I've said it before, Rodgers isn't here because he's awesome or the next great manager. He's here because he's cheap, like many of his players. Yet he seems to believe he's a grade or two above the players. If he was humble and remembered his roots, he could bond with the players as peers which would enable him to have more influence in key games. As things stand, I dread next season.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby leeroy74 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:50 am

Thommo's perm » Sun May 10, 2015 10:57 pm wrote:

Makes me sick , certain posters on here that just keep kicking our club/team manager while he's having a blip in his reign here. They just wait for him to say anything in the media and they use it to hit him with. He might not be doing things as well as we'd hoped but he's still our manager of our club and should be supported. but hey ho, modern day fans.

leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 11, 2015 8:53 am

How is he cheap at 3.5 million quid a year? Rodgers is the 5th highest paid manager in the EPL and we came 5th.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon May 11, 2015 8:58 am

I frankly don't mind admitting that I have run out of excuses for some of his mistakes but I make no apologies for supporting the manager. The easy option is to constantly whinge and moan about almost everything and when things do inevitably go wrong shout as loudly as possible I TOLD YOU SO !!! In this game you go from hero to zero almost overnight. Rogers and the team took us on the most unbelievable journey last season and except for some bad luck we could have won the league and I'm not simply referring to the Chelsea and Palace games.

Our performances recently have been extremely poor and it must (?) obviously all be down to Rogers according to the whinge committee !! Rebuilding is never easy. Mistakes our made and we certainly made plenty prior to the arrival of BR. This season we will probably finish fifth in the league. We have reached the semi finals in our domestic cups. The less said about Europe the better. Has the season really been that bad? Ask a bluenose about Everton's season if you need a reality check. We expected more this season and because it hasn't happened the manager and the owners get castigated.

I'll criticise players and the manager when it is justified. What I won't do is constantly beat the same proverbial drum at every opportunity to desperately try and prove a point.
Last edited by devaney on Mon May 11, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 am

Reg » Mon May 11, 2015 7:53 am wrote:How is he cheap at 3.5 million quid a year? Rodgers is the 5th highest paid manager in the EPL and we came 5th.

When I say cheap I mean in comparison with those that finish in the top four. He was easy to get because none of the other big clubs rate him. I have no issue with a guy having a less than extravagant cv so long as he can do the job. I don't think he can. We should invest in quality on and off the pitch, but will it happen?
Sorry, but it irritates me when people throw out generalised statements about supporters today. Leeroy seems the worst of them, only posting to have a go at other posters and seldom adding anything to the topic. When I started supporting Liverpool 30 odd years ago I didn't need patience. Kenny was winning lots. A lot of years have past and we aren't the team we once were. I wasn't a member of the forum during Hodgsons reign but I can only assume that these same voices that we hear demanding patience and calling us poor supporters for not loving BR like they do we're just as defensive for Woy? We've all been patient. Had to be! But trust me, if BR stays in charge, all the patience in the world will be in vain. Mark my words. We'll go nowhere under BR. Rarely would I say something in black and white that will later make me look a fool, but I know it in my heart of hearts. Rodgers is not good enough. He's had three years to prove it.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion