Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RedAnt » Fri May 08, 2015 11:57 am

Let's hope he's lieing about Ings and Milner too. Dunno what BR's on about anyway. It's the committee that signs players, remember?  Maybe he's not lieing. Maybe the committee wanted him and BR didn't. He might have had his fingers crossed that the computer would give thumbs down.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri May 08, 2015 12:12 pm

RedAnt » May 8th, '15, 11:57 wrote:Let's hope he's lieing about Ings and Milner too. Dunno what BR's on about anyway. It's the committee that signs players, remember?  Maybe he's not lieing. Maybe the committee wanted him and BR didn't. He might have had his fingers crossed that the computer would give thumbs down.

RA, BR is a major part of the Committee, and despite what some people will say, BR gets the final say, just like when he said no to Loic Remy whilst he was in the middle of a medical. He said no to Bony et al. BR paniced and ended up going for and getting Balo and Lambert to replace LS.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedAnt » Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Kash_Mountain » Fri May 08, 2015 11:12 am wrote:
RedAnt » May 8th, '15, 11:57 wrote:Let's hope he's lieing about Ings and Milner too. Dunno what BR's on about anyway. It's the committee that signs players, remember?  Maybe he's not lieing. Maybe the committee wanted him and BR didn't. He might have had his fingers crossed that the computer would give thumbs down.

RA, BR is a major part of the Committee, and despite what some people will say, BR gets the final say, just like when he said no to Loic Remy whilst he was in the middle of a medical. He said no to Bony et al. BR paniced and ended up going for and getting Balo and Lambert to replace LS.

I was being sarcastic, mate. BR makes the signings. Of course he does. A man of Brendan's ego, having refused to work with a DoF would never agree to work with a committee and a computer. What surprises me though is that the powers-that-be allow him to use such an excuse.
RedAnt

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri May 08, 2015 12:28 pm

RedAnt » May 8th, '15, 12:18 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Fri May 08, 2015 11:12 am wrote:

I was being sarcastic, mate. BR makes the signings. Of course he does. A man of Brendan's ego, having refused to work with a DoF would never agree to work with a committee and a computer. What surprises me though is that the powers-that-be allow him to use such an excuse.

:D  :D  :D

"What surprises me though is that the powers-that-be allow him to use such an excuse"    he has been told to 'button it' on several occasions by those 'higher up' the chain, but he doesn't listen, and so continues with excuse after excuse. It really does my head in.  If he is still around next season, you can bet that he'll bang on about LS (again).

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedAnt » Fri May 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Well we have a whole sack of excuses ready for next season already, so things are shaping up well for another poor campaign.
RedAnt

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:45 pm

fook me think I'll go jump off a bridge.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri May 08, 2015 9:20 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xctmrs ... matc_sport

Spare two minutes of your time and listen to this interview from just before he got sacked as Reading manager...
Kopite-Jud

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Chelsea v Liverpool: Rodgers out to topple the champions

Brendan Rodgers says Chelsea are "deserved" champions, but is convinced Liverpool can upset Jose Mourinho's side at Stamford Bridge.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was full of praise for Premier League champions Chelsea, but insists his side will not be overawed when they travel to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
So close to winning the title themselves last season, Liverpool have been well off the pace in 2014-15, but still harbour hopes of overtaking Manchester United and claiming a top-four finish.
With three matches remaining, Rodgers' side are four points behind their arch-rivals, and the Northern Irishman knows they must target a maximum return in west London.
"We're going into the game at the weekend looking to win," Rodgers said.
"Chelsea are obviously deserved champions, they've been the best team, but all we can do is control the last three games, look to win those and see where we end up. I'm purely focused on the game.
"I congratulated [Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho]. They're the deserving champions and to win it with a few games to go is obviously pleasing for him.
"But it doesn't take away from what we're looking to do and we want to finish the season strong."
After confirming their status as champions, the Chelsea players were reportedly given four days off to celebrate - a claim Mourinho has denied - but in any event, Rodgers is not expecting any hangover.
"I think if they've had a few days off then they deserve it," he added. "They've won the league and they can celebrate that.
"They're top players, professional players and every game is important for them and they'll look to go into our game and win that."

After Sunday it will be "well we always knew it would be difficult against the Champions ,but to lose by three goals was a wee bit unfair on my boys ,we were just
lacking that bit of creative flair I thought ,although young Raheem was outstanding"
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 09, 2015 3:58 am

leeroy74 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:45 am wrote:fook me think I'll go jump off a bridge.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Yup... Some on here will hit BR with whatever stick or stone they can find...

When we were SUPPOSEDLY linked with Depay, they were saying " BR has done it again... Why is he buying another winger when OBVIOUSLY what we need are strikers and CM'S" "where is Depay gonna play????" Just read the rumours thread and you'll find it.

Then now when BR came out and said our priorities are elsewhere, they accuse him of lieing and covering up!
:laugh:  :laugh:
You couldn't make it up!

What I know is that the transfer committee doesn't work. And yet it is all BR's decision and Br's fault.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat May 09, 2015 8:50 am

leeroy74 » Fri May 08, 2015 7:45 pm wrote:fook me think I'll go jump off a bridge.

"Bring out your dead, bring out your dead!" 

The new season's already a disaster before we've even  finished this one! Lets move straight on to season 2016/17.  More of the same!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat May 09, 2015 3:33 pm

1. They give themselves credit where credit is due.

2. They relentlessly pursue improvement.

Doesnt B-Rod do these things?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat May 09, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:

1. They give themselves credit whether the occasion demands it or not 
2. They relentlessly pursue any opportunity to declare the above in spades 
???

Yes ,Yes he does !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat May 09, 2015 3:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 09, 2015 2:52 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sat May 09, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:

1. They give themselves credit whether the occasion demands it or not 
2. They relentlessly pursue any opportunity to declare the above in spades 
???

Yes ,Yes he does !

Uh-huh. A shame there's a bit more to it than those two points. We'd have won the lot otherwise.
RedAnt

Postby The_Rock » Sat May 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Kopite-Jud » Sat May 09, 2015 3:20 am wrote:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xctmrs_brendan-rodgers-last-live-post-matc_sport

Spare two minutes of your time and listen to this interview from just before he got sacked as Reading manager...

Jesus.......... I thought his interviews were cringeworthy after he became LFC head coach.

Apparently I was wrong.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat May 09, 2015 4:39 pm

leeroy74 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:54 pm wrote:What is your beef with him now exactly? Do you want him to just sit there and say 'oh yeah we really wanted him but he chose Man Utd because they're a bigger club and we're *****'? It's the LFC press conference which shouldn't be filled with BR saying how we lost out to Man Utd for a player.

your just looking for reasons to hit him now and to be honest it's quite sad. Get a grip

You are giving Rodgers too much credit. He lied to save his own ar$e......

In all likelihood...Depay didn't fancy to play under a head coach who hasn't won anything yet in his career..... Rodgers knows this and that's the reason why he is going for average british players like Ings, milner, ryan Bertrand (whom he coached at reading..)

We stick with Rodgers any longer and our team will be filled with average british players....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion