Is it me, - Or so far is it all a little bit boring?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:34 pm

Arsenal went through an entire season unbeaten but that didn't make them the most effective team in the EuropI have to say winning the European cup makes you the most effective in Europe.Sadly we are not the 1-0 nil snatch + grab team that wins the Premier league and therefore qualifies you as the most effective team in the English game.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Chelsea forever. » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:40 pm

... and to add, the league will always be predictable. Its not only the EPL, who other than Madrid, Barca or Valencia can win La Liga? Who other than AC, Juve or Milan can win Seria A?

For the last 9 years its been a 2 horse race, im glad there is a 3rd horse in now and I hope a few more can be added. It certainly is getting more competitive in the 4th-8th spot with Newcastle, Spurs, Bolton, Everton, Charlton and Boro making acknowledgeable buys and getting good results.

If Aresnal had bought a striker and a good replacement for Viera, if you had a RWF and a defender and a replacement for Baros and if Manu had a backup for Rudd and Keane then this would have been a very interesting season.

I predict next season to be a banger as long as the managers buy the right players.
Chelsea forever.

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:55 pm

Whats this we ve already written this season off ? Do me a favour !
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:05 pm

supersub wrote:Arsenal went through an entire season unbeaten but that didn't make them the most effective team in the EuropI have to say winning the European cup makes you the most effective in Europe.Sadly we are not the 1-0 nil snatch + grab team that wins the Premier league and therefore qualifies you as the most effective team in the English game.

:bowdown
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:10 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:I have nothing further to say on this matter. It seems some people here are not open minded and practical.

The_rock - You are the weakest link.

Good bye.

AND DONT COME BACK !

HE babbles some shyte
I dont even reckon the :censored: goes the game!
teamleader1

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:29 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:You are the weakest link.

Good bye.

Did anyone ever see the episode of Family Guy where some little girl said this to Stewie Griffin?  What he replied just might be the funniest put-down I've ever seen on any television programme ever.

So The Rock, if you want to use this, feel free.

Stewie's put down went thus:

Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. You are the weakest link goodbye. You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside the program before. Because that's what she says on the show right? Isn't it? You are the weakest link goodbye. And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult me in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart girl you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. God you're so funny!

Anyone who says You Are The Weakest Link Goodbye must immediately be hit with that I think.  Never mind the Weakest Link, it's the Weakest Insult I've ever heard.  It was funny I think the very first time I heard it about ten years back.

Anyway, continue fighting if you must, I'm not getting involved...........

:rasp  :rasp
jonnymac1979

Postby The_Rock » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:48 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:I have nothing further to say on this matter. It seems some people here are not open minded and practical.

The_rock - You are the weakest link.

Good bye.

:p
Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. You are the weakest link goodbye. You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside the program before. Because that's what she says on the show right? Isn't it? You are the weakest link goodbye. And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult me in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart girl you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. God you're so funny!
:p
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:00 pm

:D  :laugh:  :D  :buttrock  :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby The_Rock » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:04 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Whats this we ve already written this season off ? Do me a favour !

Have been reading that there are a lot of dressing room "problems" at chelsea at the moment. Gallas, Cole & Geremi are the ones who are not happy........

Lets not be too quick to conclude that chelsea will be champs. Cracks are beginning to appear now. Now u know what an unhappy dressing room will do to your team ......(cough) england, newcastle (cough)

See....even having a the best players money can buy in your squad will have problems  :buttrock
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:20 pm

fivecups wrote:I'm not a fan of American sport, but the MLS they have set up over there has the right idea with the wage-capping etc.

Whilst we're at it - how about a cap on players wages?[/quote]
Capping is a great idea and could work wonders for football but it will never happen. I've always been a big fan of the NFL but the American model is so different to European football.

US sport is all about parity between organisations (not clubs) There is no promotion/relegation, teams who perform poorly get first pick of the new crop of athletes coming through the college ranks that year and get a softer schedule. every team has a roster of 46 players plus a salary cap to work to. The league sets the limit to the number of franchises (The NFL has said there will be no more new teams) and these are fed by the college system (not the lower professional leagues/adademies as happens here).

Unfortunately any attempt to introduce salary caps in football would be met with extreme opposition from the G14 clubs, the PLCs and the players themselves. Someone would take it to court and they would win.

Football is a 'free for all', a market economy if you like where as US Sport is run by the League like on of the old Eastern European economies.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:52 am

stmichael wrote:Chelsea's dominance of the English game wouldn't be so bad if they were playing like Manchester United used to be able to, or Arsenal under Wenger once did, or even crazy Newcastle under crazy Keegan, but they don't - Mourinho plays to stifle the opposition and win by a goal or two. This thinking has drifted down to the rest of the Premiership and more often than not, games these days are torrid, dour stalemates decided by a single goal or a dodgy refereeing decision.

You can't argue with results, or so the saying goes - however, it's the fans who decide what they want to watch, and nobody but the hardcore is going to tune in for a season of Chelsea wins and the rest of the bunch trying all season to 'do an Everton', win the majority of their games 1-0 and get a European place.

Football's got boring. The Championship appears to be where it's at - as there's no Chelsea, and promotion actually gets you something, teams go all out to win, hence exciting, attacking football.

I'm sure Chelsea Forever will probably reply to this saying what a load of b*ll*cks I'm talking, that winning is the most important thing. Well if football doesn't sort this out sharpish Sky are looking at falling viewing figures, gates will drop and the game overall will suffer as a result. There's a lot of people out there who will go to football games no matter what, it inspires a fanatical level of devotion in a lot of people in this country.

However, as the huge attendance and surge in popularity after Euro 96 showed, there's equally a lot of people out there who will first stop going to games if they're being charged £30 to get cold and watch rubbish, then stop watching on TV, and like Why Don't You, they'll find something less boring to do instead (like watch cricket).  :oops:

Me? I'll be watching football still, cos I'm a glutton for punishment - however the game and the managers would be wise to remember that not all are like me!

You're at it again, surely you have learnt from last time?

look for the post by Greg Davies from Reading in this link, it's the 3rd post down.

Link
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:41 am

The European champions meet Chelsea twice( in the league) therefore have 36 games against alternate opposition. We need not worry how boring they are.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:49 am

Ask yourself one thing people....would Chelsea forever be on this forum if Roman hadnt taken over??? No fuc*in chance. If they was just another team battling for the uefa cup spots like they were 3 years ago, he would be on his own forum kicking off abouyt the 200 million pounds worth of debt there in.

Oh and Jonny........You are the weakest link, Goodbye   :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:19 pm

The Premiership is now Seria A mark II
109-1093441336

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:42 pm

Clearly it's not just me who is despairing of the fayre on offer, all the talk on SKY during the match today was of the defensive nature of the two teams. That was almost a surreal Liverpool v Manure game. The willingness of both teams to concede time and space to the opposition in their half, allied to a general reluctance to press the ball did indeed make it look like a Serie A game.
Cards on the table here, I don't like it. We're no more to blame than anybody else but if it (this particular mode of play)  persists then Chelsea aren't going to be the only team who has trouble filling the ground. My suspicion is that the main culprit as far as our domestic game is concerned is the rule interpretations now favoured by our referees. No longer can teams press the ball without giving free-kicks away which is leading to negative tactics.
Rafa's determination to seek a compact formation seemingly above all else at the moment is going to make us extremely difficult to score against. It also means however that stopping us from scoring is not going to over-tax teams either. Football is going through a thoroughly depessing period in my opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion