Boring boring liverpoool - Who else thinks liverpool are boring?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mungi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:36 am

yea we play :censored: football
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:51 am

I think that Rafa does need an assistant, someone like Ten Cate.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:59 am

Sammy Lee is free. He was an outstanding assistant manager at Bolton even though he did not make it in the top job. I would support him as Rafa's assistant.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:33 am

crazyhorse wrote:Sammy Lee is free. He was an outstanding assistant manager at Bolton even though he did not make it in the top job. I would support him as Rafa's assistant.

Would love to see Gary Mac meself.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:35 pm

John Aldridge/Steve McMahon/Sammy Lee/Paul Jewell/Phil Thompson, all of whom have had managerial experince and would run through a brick wall for Liverpool Football Club, I wouldn't mind any being given the number two job at Anfield.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby burjennio » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:31 pm

assistant managers need more than just passion, they need technical skills, man management skills and the brass to stand up to the manager when he's doing somethin stupid
burjennio

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:48 pm

Win our game in hand and we're 3rd, 3 points behind the leaders

not bad to say we're boring.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Win our game in hand and we're 3rd, 3 points behind the leaders

not bad to say we're boring.

we havent a game in hand on Are$nal
burjennio

Postby tommycockles » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:20 pm

burjennio wrote:assistant managers need more than just passion, they need technical skills, man management skills and the brass to stand up to the manager when he's doing somethin stupid

then Paul Jewell may be the man - would he want a number 2 role though?
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm

would like to see hamann sometime in the future as Assistant..
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:33 pm

I would rather wash the grill pan than watch Liverpool these days.

We are a team under big pressure to deliver and rather than just going for it they have chosen to go the other way and tried to keep it tight and pinch wins.

Its desperate viewing but we must endure it because whatever they are like its still our Liverpool.

Maybe Rafa will have a personality bypass and send out our flair players with a license to kill. Well we can all dream!

:sleep
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Bammo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:58 pm

It's a catch 22 situation for Rafa at the moment. He's under pressure to get results but everyone (me included) wants to see attacking football. Thing is, if he puts the team out attacking and we lose then the pressure mounts. If he plays safe (negative) football, he may get criticised for the style but there's less chance of us losing.

I can understand playing it safe against the better clubs (that includes Blackburn away, given their form) but we have games coming up against weaker teams. Hopefully he'll put out an attacking lineup and we'll suddenly become title contenders again  :;):
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:04 pm

There are 5 wrongs in our game at the moment>

Number 1: Hyypia
The finn has been dead for many years. Still he is allowed to play premiership football. He has never been able to pass the ball or create chances. With Hyypia in the team we drop 20 meters back and midfield is not able to win the ball in good positions. The strikers become isolated. The other defenders and the goalie are forced to accomodate Hyypia and undo his wrongs. The whole team suffer big time with him in the team. I can not see us playing a high tempo high pressure game at all with Hyypia in the mix.

Number 2: Back 4 composition
All players in the back 4 lack skills with the ball and creativity. They all have the same defects and they all lack the same attributes. Carragher is a good defender if there is some people around him with complementary skills. Right now our defenders give us nothing.

Number 3: Creativity in midfield, the case for the playmaker
Our midfield is strong. Gerrard, Masch, Leiva and Sissoko are good players. But they can't dictate the pace of the game and control midfield. Yes. This is where Alonso comes in. He is world class at positioning himself, winning second balls and spreading the ball around and create openings. Maybe Leiva will be able to do that with more experience. The rest are headless chickens compared to Alonsos, Zidanes and Fabregas's. Gerrard should be moved to the right or sold. He does not have the smartness or the awareness to play in the centre. THe team must come first.

Number 4: Wingers
We have no wingers. Pure and simple. Kewell may return. But I think he will be more useful in the centre just as John Barnes was when he aged (Giggs in Man U). Pennant is :censored:. That is why he was realeased by Wenger. Leto looks promising but he need more time. Babel is a big maybe. Babel could actually be a better striker than he is a winger

Number 4: Strikers
We have 1 striker. When he is injured wa have none. Crouch has fallen out with Benitez. I like him more than Kuyt and Voronin. Kuyt is 100% cr@p. He reminds me so much of Eric Meijer. But Meijer did not cost 10 million. Kuyt has absolutely no skills.

Summary:
The first 11 is strong enough to win the premiership. But our 3 best players (far best players) have all suffered injuries at the same time. This has costed us dearly. We could be out of Champions League and if we don't pull together a winning streak the premiership will be gone by christmas.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:17 pm

I dont expect to see real attacking football under Rafa. Been reading what people thought of his valencia sides and it seems they were not the most expansive side.  Many say they just killed games off and were really boring to watch.  4 years at LFC now and still I dont see much creative expression in this side.
puroresu

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 pm

Sarge wrote:we are nowhere near arsenal quality.

and we expect to win this year's premier? don't kid yourselves..

we were nowhere near arsenals quality on the day but we have better players than arsenal,and if we hit the right form soon we will be well able to beat them to the title.

They couldnt beat us and they played wonderful football,while we played nowhere near to our full potential...we have a good enough squad to win the premiership and if we can get torres back for a few games in a row,he would make :censored: of any defense in the world.

Gerrard only getting going now,Alonso hasnt had a proper run in the side since the start of the season(when we played well{6-0 Derby}{Chelsea 1-1}) and agger  should be back soon!

We are well able to win the league!We have to players and we know they can click,after the chelsea game we started to :censored: up...players got injured and the football got :censored:! Torres got a hattrick and then he got injured...

So You cant say that just because arsenal were better than us last week means that we will not win the league!! we are better man-man than arsenal and we need to get the form going again and we can win the league!!
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion