Is it me, - Or so far is it all a little bit boring?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:36 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Hopefully this weekend will see a classic Liverpool/Man Utd encounter. Hopefully there will be goals, controversy, talking points and a passion to fuel the fires of the oncoming Autumnal chill. I hope so because football needs it in my view.

Personally Michael, I will be happy to see a boring game of clashing styles and formations settled by a flukey 99th minute freak of a goal scored off PEter Crouch's Ar.se past Van Der Saar.

Yeah I reckon Rafa will go for a 5-5-0 at the weekend  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:13 pm

That Chelski Forever post is from the Guardian. Chelsea fans may be rich but they aren't clever

:p
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:51 pm

Well a goal like that from Crouch would be no more of a freak goal than Drogbas miscontrolled effort that bounced in off his knee against Arsenal Chelsea Forever  :D  :laugh:
Gaunt

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:51 pm

Paul C wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Hopefully this weekend will see a classic Liverpool/Man Utd encounter. Hopefully there will be goals, controversy, talking points and a passion to fuel the fires of the oncoming Autumnal chill. I hope so because football needs it in my view.

Personally Michael, I will be happy to see a boring game of clashing styles and formations settled by a flukey 99th minute freak of a goal scored off PEter Crouch's Ar.se past Van Der Saar.

Yeah I reckon Rafa will go for a 5-5-0 at the weekend  :p

or 1-10 formation paul  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:56 pm

It's very early in the season, so there's no important cup games and league position doesn't count for much (unless you're Newcastle or Charlton).  I think it's always like this.  Wait until Christmas for it to really hot up.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:50 pm

2520years wrote:It's very early in the season, so there's no important cup games and league position doesn't count for much (unless you're Newcastle or Charlton).  I think it's always like this.  Wait until Christmas for it to really hot up.

listen up......there are no important cup games coming up  :D

so the cl cup game against chelsea is just a friendly then  ???
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:45 pm

I am 18 and i have only been into the EPL for about 2 years, while just watching an occasional game before that.
When it was younger it was NBA NBA NBA, i only played basketball growing up and i have realised that NBA sucks, if you think that the EPL has problems you should look at the NBA. At least the EPL still has rivals, tv and money has killed team rivals, all that is left now is.........ALLEN IVERSON VS. VINCE CARTER. Illegal defensive rules that make it harder to defend (and easier to score).
But guess what, popularity is higher than ever.......... yeah and the people that enjoy it are mindless teenagers and know nothing about the sport.
And price, when i went to the states i saw a game at Maidson Square Garden for $150US (Knicks vs. Nuggets, not a big game) and no it wasnt a box seat.

I tell people that i watch soccer because it is a purer sport, I think that EPL is a great league to watch and i dont regret the time i spend watching it.

I hope that the EPL does improve on some of the things mentioned in CF's post, but they are in a much better position than the NBA....
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:16 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:....and the most effective team in entire Europe since Jose took over.....

???   :O   :O   :O
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:18 pm

neil wrote:
Chelsea forever. wrote:....and the most effective team in entire Europe since Jose took over.....

Yeah I noticed that cheeky little dig myself.

CF can't help himself, still bitter that we are european champions :D
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:25 pm

Bigmike i was gonna post a topic very similar to this in the week, i do personally think for entertainment value the prem has dropped and i mean a lot. It used to be about teams going at each other from the off no matter who played and teams most teams would play with a winning mentality, this over the past few years has drained away. Teams now longer play with a desire to win but its more a desire not to lose, More and More teams play 5 in midfield and 1 upfront, Most away teams out the top 3 dont go to away games and try and win, they think a point is good enough.
I watched the Bolton Blackburn game at the weekend and it was the least entertaining football match ever, if the ref would have went up to them before the game and asked both managers do you want to swerve the match get off and take a point each, they fu*king would have, it was woeful. I predict there will be less goals this season then in any other season in history of the prem.

I believe the Prem is the best league but no way is it anymore the most entertaining......If you want entertaining go back to 1996 to about 98 and watch an awesome liverpool side play some great football....Shame about are defence back then!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby DrTNT » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:26 pm

No I don't think it is jut you BigMike as I too have felt the boredom you have described. I think this has happened for a number of reasons. First we won the European Cup and everyone was on cloud 9 and expectations were raised going into the transfer window. Second we failed to get two players for the two positions in the most dire need of reinforcement. Third the cricket has of course drew peoples attention away as it was so captivating. The only real excitement for me was Northern Ireland beating England.  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:53 pm

neil wrote:

Well, weather you like it or not  .. its true.
Chelsea forever.

Postby fivecups » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:17 pm

bigmick wrote:Maybe it's the national team, bereft of imagination and passion, stumbling to defeat against a desperately poor Northern Irish team.

Agree on the whole Mick. Start of the season and all that.

Tried to let that quote go and can't, for the players we have they played out of their skin - a perfect reminder that the eleven who plays as a team wins the match. One of the most exciting matches I've ever seen - but obviously only if you support NI.

I know that wasn't your point and I tried to leave it alone  :sniffle
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:22 pm

How the f**k is it true Chelsea forever,god you talk p!ss sometimes
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:29 pm

Great Post Mick!
Ur right,i've been feeling the same.
Had a conversation with my mate about it but we could'nt conclude if were annoyed about the football or our lack of luck at the bookies,maybe a bit of both!
Im really gonna hate sayin this but i think a huge factor is that we are all resigned to the fact that Chelsea will win the league this season.Who,that knows anything about football would argue with that?
No-one!!
Utd and Arsenal are not playing the way they should (look at last night) as they're players are deflated already as they also know they have not got the resources needed to compete with this new manufactured phenonemon!
Its also obvious in the league,None of these 2 are playing anywhere near the potential they have which brings me to us!
Yes people as Fergie swigs his whisky and Arsene rubs his brow and searches the world for another Viera,Raffa the Euro champ continues to be happy and graceful!He has nothing to loose,he knew that the prem was tough before he came here.He knew that it may take a few years to break into the top 3.I think this season is a massive chance for us to finish second and i think Raffa can see that too!
It may be a great time to be a Chelsea fan but for 99% of us fans i know,its not a good time to be a football fan!
Thanx Roman,thanx Jose!!!!!!
How long before the Russian gets bored? Already they cant fill the ground on champions league nights!Why??? Because the fans knew they would win!
Its boring already,they're own fans are bored ffs!
Football is a working class game,its a break from reality,a pleasure at the wekend,a passion!!
It's what we love and have loved in Britain for generations.The last thing we needed was Abromovich!
The league was great until he came and dead exciting!
Theres no glory in being bought!
Oh and as Lyndsey said,basically we have a hangover after feeling so great winning Euro cup,Raffa has a few tricks up his sleeve yet girl!!!
FOR SURE!! :nod  :buttrock
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion