Boring boring liverpoool - Who else thinks liverpool are boring?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:40 pm

peterc1992 wrote:
Sarge wrote:we are nowhere near arsenal quality.

and we expect to win this year's premier? don't kid yourselves..

we were nowhere near arsenals quality on the day but we have better players than arsenal,and if we hit the right form soon we will be well able to beat them to the title.

They couldnt beat us and they played wonderful football,while we played nowhere near to our full potential...we have a good enough squad to win the premiership and if we can get torres back for a few games in a row,he would make :censored: of any defense in the world.

Gerrard only getting going now,Alonso hasnt had a proper run in the side since the start of the season(when we played well{6-0 Derby}{Chelsea 1-1}) and agger  should be back soon!

We are well able to win the league!We have to players and we know they can click,after the chelsea game we started to :censored: up...players got injured and the football got :censored:! Torres got a hattrick and then he got injured...

So You cant say that just because arsenal were better than us last week means that we will not win the league!! we are better man-man than arsenal and we need to get the form going again and we can win the league!!

Better man to man than Arsenal?  I aint certain about that at all.

Reina beats Almunia
Sagna beats Finnan
Cliche beats Riise
Toure beats Agger
Carra beats Gallas
Hleb beats Pennant or Yossi
Rosicky beats Kewell or Babel
Fabregas beats Alonso
Gerrard beats Flameni
Van Persie beats Kuyt or crouch or Vorinin
Torres beat Adebayor or Walcott

Its not about Arsenal being better last week.  Its about Arsenal, Utd and even chelsea looking more cohesive, fluid and dangerous than us.  Attacking wise we look no better than a mid table side at the moment.  Granted it must get better but we are never going to be an expansive side which plays open attacking football under Rafa. Defense and the aim of not conceding will always come first.
puroresu

Postby ribenaboy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:50 pm

when kewell the playmaker came on, we started to have control over blackburn..  and had some scoring opportunities..
ribenaboy

Postby Scottbot » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:39 pm

banana wrote:Leto looks promising but he need more time.

You were doing well until that statement. What exactly about Leto looks promising?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:27 pm

8-0 BORING SNORING LIVERPOOL :p :D :laugh:

WAKE ME UP I'LL BE WATCING THIS BORE AT 11.00PM .. AGAIN !!! :D
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:55 am

I fell asleep in the first minute and missed eight goals it was THAT boring.

But let's not get carried away, Besiktas were poor and we managed as many goals last night as we managed in our previous SEVEN games (P7 W2 D3 L2 F8 A8) and in that run of games we kept just ONE clean sheet.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SuperScouser » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:12 pm

Boring!!!!!! are we :censored:kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
SuperScouser

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:12 pm

puroresu wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:
Sarge wrote:we are nowhere near arsenal quality.

and we expect to win this year's premier? don't kid yourselves..

we were nowhere near arsenals quality on the day but we have better players than arsenal,and if we hit the right form soon we will be well able to beat them to the title.

They couldnt beat us and they played wonderful football,while we played nowhere near to our full potential...we have a good enough squad to win the premiership and if we can get torres back for a few games in a row,he would make :censored: of any defense in the world.

Gerrard only getting going now,Alonso hasnt had a proper run in the side since the start of the season(when we played well{6-0 Derby}{Chelsea 1-1}) and agger  should be back soon!

We are well able to win the league!We have to players and we know they can click,after the chelsea game we started to :censored: up...players got injured and the football got :censored:! Torres got a hattrick and then he got injured...

So You cant say that just because arsenal were better than us last week means that we will not win the league!! we are better man-man than arsenal and we need to get the form going again and we can win the league!!

Better man to man than Arsenal?  I aint certain about that at all.

Reina beats Almunia
Sagna beats Finnan
Cliche beats Riise
Toure beats Agger
Carra beats Gallas
Hleb beats Pennant or Yossi
Rosicky beats Kewell or Babel
Fabregas beats Alonso
Gerrard beats Flameni
Van Persie beats Kuyt or crouch or Vorinin
Torres beat Adebayor or Walcott

Its not about Arsenal being better last week.  Its about Arsenal, Utd and even chelsea looking more cohesive, fluid and dangerous than us.  Attacking wise we look no better than a mid table side at the moment.  Granted it must get better but we are never going to be an expansive side which plays open attacking football under Rafa. Defense and the aim of not conceding will always come first.

Stay off the drugs lad.

Reina > Almunia

Finnan > Sagna.

Aurelio > Cliche.

Toure > Agger.

Carra > Gallas.

Hleb > Pennant.

Kewell > Rosicky.

Alonso > Gilberto or Flamini.

Gerrard > Fabregas.

Torres > Van Persie.

Not much in it between the other strikers.

How can you compare Fabregas and Alonso? It's like comparing Makalele with Lampard.

And when any of those teams have their best players out for long periods, all at the same time, THEY will struggle.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Well said Lando, i was going to pull him up on that and say exactly the same! How the feck does Sagna beat Finnan???
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:09 pm

Owzat wrote:I fell asleep in the first minute and missed eight goals it was THAT boring.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:23 pm

So someone starts a thread that says "liverpool are boring" and we go and hit someone for 8?

Can someone open a thread call "We have no chance going a 27  game winning streak?" :D
burjennio

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:26 pm

Lando says
How can you compare Fabregas and Alonso? It's like comparing Makalele with Lampard.

Indeed. Different roles, different styles, the proper comparison is with Gerrard, and I'd preffer the scouser any day of the week.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:34 pm

puroresu wrote:Its not about Arsenal being better last week.  Its about Arsenal, Utd and even chelsea looking more cohesive, fluid and dangerous than us. Attacking wise we look no better than a mid table side at the moment. Granted it must get better but we are never going to be an expansive side which plays open attacking football under Rafa. Defense and the aim of not conceding will always come first.

I have to refer back to this comment, which ironically was made exactly 24 hours before we absolutely caned Besiktas 8-0.

I accept Arsenal when they turn it on are a class act, a notch or two up from where we are. They proved that in patches at Anfield. But Man U (and I fly in the face of public opinion here I am aware of that) do not inspire me football-wise. Their success, even going back to the mid 90's, is based on pace. I accept that Ronaldo and Rooney (and Giggs in the past) have won them games. They way they get from defence to attack in seconds and get bodies in the box, is admirable. But I'll tell you this, the likes of Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves could not have controlled that midfield like we did the on Tuesday night and supported the strikers. We play a different game to Man U - we are more deliberate (although that is changing) but we play the better football.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:49 pm

stmichael wrote:
puroresu wrote:Its not about Arsenal being better last week.  Its about Arsenal, Utd and even chelsea looking more cohesive, fluid and dangerous than us. Attacking wise we look no better than a mid table side at the moment. Granted it must get better but we are never going to be an expansive side which plays open attacking football under Rafa. Defense and the aim of not conceding will always come first.

I have to refer back to this comment, which ironically was made exactly 24 hours before we absolutely caned Besiktas 8-0.

I accept Arsenal when they turn it on are a class act, a notch or two up from where we are. They proved that in patches at Anfield. But Man U (and I fly in the face of public opinion here I am aware of that) do not inspire me football-wise. Their success, even going back to the mid 90's, is based on pace. I accept that Ronaldo and Rooney (and Giggs in the past) have won them games. They way they get from defence to attack in seconds and get bodies in the box, is admirable. But I'll tell you this, the likes of Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves could not have controlled that midfield like we did the on Tuesday night and supported the strikers. We play a different game to Man U - we are more deliberate (although that is changing) but we play the better football.

I aint sure about that.  I see a lot more little one-two's, triangles etc and the ability to move the ball quickly at pace in the Man Utd side.  Not to mention players beating players with trickery and flair.
puroresu

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:37 pm

puroresu wrote:
stmichael wrote:

I aint sure about that.  I see a lot more little one-two's, triangles etc and the ability to move the ball quickly at pace in the Man Utd side.  Not to mention players beating players with trickery and flair.

i think united are reliant on a few key players these days though.
in the 90`s ferguson had such a team he used to bring in the likes of mcclair and jordi cruyff but the :censored: just seemed to play the exact same as they did when they had their best 11 on the park.
these days, as we saw earlier in the season when they struggled like fook when ronaldo was banned and rooney injured, they cant afford injuries to key players and still roll on anymore.
granted, they still had some decent wins in that period but they were by the skin of their teeth, spurs totally outplayed them at old trafford and were unlucky not to get 2 pens.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby imouthep » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:16 am

[these days, as we saw earlier in the season when they struggled like fook when ronaldo was banned and rooney injured, they cant afford injuries to key players and still roll on anymore.
granted, they still had some decent wins in that period but they were by the skin of their teeth, spurs totally outplayed them at old trafford and were unlucky not to get 2 pens.
]

Well said man utd look like a team that would surely fracture with the loss of few key players. Their squad depth does look a bit on the shaky side when it comes down replacements for key players. But I have been on the receiving end of many arguments stating the same about us with the likes of Stevie G. Would we be the same attacking threat without him. Barring weak op (like derby) would we be able to hold out?
imouthep

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion