Who is to blame for this boring football?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:24 pm

stoney wrote:
stmichael wrote:how many players do you see in the modern game who actually run at defenders? henry, rooney, robben, duff, maybe SWP (who's hardly played this season). after this, i'm struggling.

Hmm.. that c ronaldo cant beat a man to save his life. :p  Also SWP is a better dribbler than duff. (Duff just uses him pace mostly rather than actual skill). Im surprised that you were struggling to name more players that run at defenders in the prem as there are lots more including Thomas, Defoe, Routledge etc. and these players DO actually do it well. However if you just failed to mention these other players to show your point then i understand  :p   :D

feck off  :D

defoe, routledge, thomas might have the ability but do you really see them using their dribbling ability on a regular basis? i'm talking about players who you'd pay good money to watch. those who would have you on the edge of your seat. no disrespect to thomas, routledge etc but they're hardly in the same class as robben, ronaldo etc.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:12 pm

Giggs maybe? ???

Theres more to the game than just running at someone.

And Lyndsey, Ruud van Nistlerooy has 4 goals in the league. You're correct. An awful total.

The thing is, we aren't even at 7 games yet. He's got more than 1 in 2. Hows that stuggling to score for christs sake? ???

As i said, its not for girls.
115-1073096938

Postby Garymac » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:45 pm

Im with St Mike when more than half the league go into the season looking to finish 17th 1st and foremost, then there is something wrong, Bolton finished 6th or 7th last season but there 1st priority is to stay up  ??? What the fu*k, take a look at probably the only team intent on attacking, West ham they have gone for it in all games so far and deserve to be up there cos they are the only team outside the big clubs prepared to have a go, to many teams these days are satisfied with a point, i remember when if two teams fighting relegation played each other they used to just go for it, now, they would walk off the pitch with a nil nil draw and a point each and say thank you very much!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:51 pm

I think there are a  few of factors as to why things are a bit dry lately

1)The obvious being the 4-5-1,a lot of teams would like to play a 4-4-2 but managers know that to do this against a 4-5-1 is daft as you almost definately will get caught on the counter by the extra man advantage in midfield unless playing a largely inferior team
Fear as was mentioned above!
2)A lot of teams are rotating players now more than ever!Because of this teams are finding it hard to gel as a unit and some players are struggling to reach form because of lack of consistent starts that nealry all players need to each their potential! Think back 10 years ago for example? Every football fan asked could name their teams 'starting  11'
Most teams now probably have about a starting 6 or 7 with the rest being rotated!
3)In a lot of games players have their minds on the next games with matches coming thick and fast!  Conserving energy=Not giving 100%
To much emphasis over the last few years has been put on the amount of games players have to compete in and how its too much  for them!  every player should  be able of 2 matches a week,they are athletes! If they feel they cant its simple,train harder!! They get paid enough!
4)Lack of passion on the pitch!! The blame for this lies at the feet of  FIFA and the referees.Nothing like a good crunching tackle to inspire a bit of fire in the belly  and  increase the will to win! ffs players get booked for sneezing these days,its  pathetic!
5)Chelsea!! Enuf said there i think!!
66-1120597113

Postby zarababe » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:52 pm

Yeh Lynds.. Football ain't for 'girl's'.. so ure ok 'Woman' .. you have past the age of consent :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:56 pm

zarababe wrote:Yeh Lynds.. Football ain't for 'girl's'.. so ure ok 'Woman' .. you have past the age of consent :D

Never thought about it like that  :D
I find Stus comments about women not aloud to have an opinion on football disrespectful, There is no where in the rule book that states that footie is only for men is there?
Do you sugest I leave the forum Stu? Cause I am not aloud to voice an opinion about football? It is at the end of the day a football forum and if I dont have a say in it cause I am female maybe I am on the wrong forum.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:01 pm

.. I thought he weren't allowed an opinion on football.. on this forum that is :D .. bet he was welcomed bak with open arms.. has he got any yellow cards yet :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:03 pm

BTW listenin to those crazy spanish commentators and Mmmorientes screaming at the 3rd goal .. wow still sends shivers down me spine :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm

You're calling the game boring for christs sake. IT clearly isn't.

A tackles as much a part of the game as a goal.

I guess i'm the only one who appriciates all aspects of the game though these days. If theres no goals or chances its boring right?

Well to those people i say, go and watch another sport.
115-1073096938

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:26 pm

zarababe wrote:BTW listenin to those crazy spanish commentators and Mmmorientes screaming at the 3rd goal .. wow still sends shivers down me spine :D

Does anybody have a clip of that they can send me?

Cheers.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:30 pm

stu_the_red wrote:You're calling the game boring for christs sake. IT clearly isn't.

I guess i'm the only one who appriciates all aspects of the game though these days. If theres no goals or chances its boring right?

Dont be twisting my words Stu, and I am not the only to start a topic aout the beginning of the season not what we all expected, yesterday when I commented on on Traore and Rafa giving him an extended contract you said the same footie is not for girls.
But then again Ive just realised your only 22 and are obviously very very immature  :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:41 pm

To be honest the womens European Championships a couple of months back opened my eyes abit and some of the football wasnt bad either :D .

Kept waiting for the shirt swopping at the end but alas it never happened :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:44 pm

drummerphil wrote:Kept waiting for the shirt swopping at the end but alas it never happened :laugh:

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:49 pm

stu_the_red wrote:You're calling the game boring for christs sake. IT clearly isn't.

I'm with Stu on this one. For instance on paper the game between Aston Villa v Tottenham looked boring, 1-1 not really interesting result? However if anyone of saw the game you would had been suprised how it finished only 1-1 considering how many chances Villa had. Villa could had won that match by five or six goals.

The result doesn't always tell the entire story.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby PabloAimar » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:59 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I watched Real last night and Barca the night before.

The two of these games where the most broing load of rubbish I have ever seen, and look at how much money has been spent on players in these 2 clubs, ok Real have spent more than Barca but still, surely a team with such high quality players should not be getting beat by Bilbao, ok it was a Woodgate own goal, but Real should have been 2 up by then surely.?

im not sure it was spanish football u were watching mate, i suggest u re-tune ur tv...

(A) watching barcelona going forward is breath-taking... it was on wednesday night and on the weekend (even tho they lost). ronaldinho, guily, eto and xavi? i dont think even morinho wud swap these players for anyone.

(2) real did NOT get beaten by bilbao

(D)  beckam did not get sent off against espanyol. ramos and baptista did. (i read one of ur posts earlier this week when u told everyone they had 3 men sent off, beckam being one)

i think the quality of defending in the premiership is to blame for the lack of goals this season, nothing else. u can prepare all the game-plans in the world, but if defensively, teams are not making major mistakes nemore, then u wont get goals. simple.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion