Boring? us?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rse » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:44 pm

Its funny listening to a lot of the mancs complaining that Liverpool are boring and an insult to football because they stifle creativity in a game.

From a personal point of view I can appreciate a solid defensive display.  Its a legitimate part of the game and if its done well its very effective.  To me, seeing that system working well is rewarding.  I think the real reason behind the moans from the Mancs is that they are frustrated that their team didnt have the artistry to break Liverpool open.

The only problem is..... that our 2 lines of 4 only seem to work against the Mancs these days.  Dont play it at home next week Houllier.

Ultimate Kop nostalgia
'Sing When We're Standing' is an audio cd of the Kop recorded at Anfield during the last ever game standing in 1994.  Quite simply, its the power and passion of the Kop captured on cd.  For more details and to hear a sample from the cd please visit www.kopcd.co.uk
rse

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:48 pm

Rse thats cr#p mate.

If you play that system every week we'd win the bloody league.

The problem comes from farting around and trying to be clever with stupid diamonds and three upfront and one in behind the strikers bullsh#t.

Defensive systems like the one used yesterday are excellent systems and with a striker like Owen they are extremely effective.

Personally if it was me i wouldn't go for the slow patient build up every time as we don't have the creativety yet to play this way, i'd like to see us attack more quickly and have more runners from deep positions and more people offering the player on the ball a pass.

when i'm playing meyself i always try to offer the person on the ball a pass, i always position myself at most 2 passes away from the ball so if someone doesn't pass to me, they pass to a person who has an option of passing to me, this is something we need to work on more i feel.

alot of the time there is only one option for the player on the ball.
115-1073096938

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:53 pm

I think we should try and play the French or Australian 4-4-2 where while playing conventionally in defence and build up in attack the formation changes with the centre mids pushing up into the equivelant position of playing in the hole behind the strikers and the wingers push up into out and out striker positions so that in attack it quickly changes from 4-4-2 to 4-2-4 the only problem is that against a team with a lot of pace you can easily get caught out of position.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:49 pm

Starbidge you what?

"Football is a simple game, complicated by idiots"

You f##king idiot.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:06 pm

Um, ok that was needless.  Why don't you just calm down and relax.  Its all good, I was merely expressing an opinion.  You don't like it (obviously) so ignore it.

Peace yo
-Starbridge42
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby XSD » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:17 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Starbidge you what?

"Football is a simple game, complicated by idiots"

You f##king idiot.

shut up, make some quotes of your own
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:28 pm

what a lemon
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby rse » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:30 pm

[quote]Rse thats cr#p mate.

If you play that system every week we'd win the bloody league.

I dont think its cr#p.  That defensive system gives the other side the ball.  It often allows teams to pass the ball round and grow in confidence.  Why would we want a team like Middlesbro, next week, to gain confidence by allowing them large portions of possession?
'Sing When We're Standing' is an audio cd of the Kop recorded at Anfield during the last ever game standing in 1994.  Quite simply, its the power and passion of the Kop captured on cd.  For more details and to hear a sample from the cd please visit www.kopcd.co.uk
rse

Postby XSD » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:42 pm

Yeah we need to play attacking football against mboro next weekend. Owen, Kewell, Baros and Gerrard can tear up their defence and score 4 goals, that way keeping a clean sheet won't matter. I would hate to see Liverpool score one goal then defend the whole game and conceed a late one, or for it to be 0-0, or even worse defend all game then conceed a late one and lose 1-0.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion