In january window - Where do we strengthen?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Reg wrote:I wouldnt give Roy a penny to spend. Sorry guys I rather have a bad season and save the money for the real manager to spend.

The threads asking us where WE think we need strenghten, its not asking us 2 write a list and send it 2 Roy like hes Santa.

I think everyone knows Roy needs 2 go first m8 but just play the game as apposed 2 telling us something we dont know
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:26 pm

red till i die!! wrote:hope fully we will have someone else spending it come the time.
id like aguero or fabiano or someone of equal quality.then turan,adam johnson,cahill and defour.
striker has to be the priority over other positions.

Without getting rid of anyone? so thats about 100 million then 4 all them. Johnson wouldnt come 2 us simples
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:34 pm

metalhead wrote:
aCe' wrote:Carragher is probably our best defender atm... and to be honest he's not good enough for a top4 side... Agger is a good all around player... You could probably get away with partnering him with a top CB who is aerially dominant and generally solid.. Skrtel, Greek are both not good enough and Wilson, Kelly arent ready yet... I'd personally get rid of Skrtel and look to bring in Bruno Alves to start with...

Assuming Torres stays and is fit, any forward we get will be sat on the bench while our starting 11 are still lacking a bit.. Going forward, with players like Gerrard, Torres, Cole, Meireles, Aquilani, Johnson... we should be somewhat okay if the tactics are right... Still, a backup forward is important given our lack of option buut i still consider a solid CB to be a priority..

A right winger would be brilliant... Jesus Navas springs to mind...

Konchesky... I've supported the guy since he came... made a few mistakes but has generally been okayish... I still think Aurelio is our best option at the position and if hes fit he'd be my first choice... Problem is, he never is... And if cash is still available after other areas have been improved then it makes sense improving in that area...

When it comes to midfield, we have Merieles, Gerrard, Aquilani who i consider to be top top players.. We also have Poulsen, Shelvey and Cole who can play the 3 central positions next season... We can certainly improve on the likes of Lucas, Poulsen and Spearing, but i wouldnt spend major money on trying to reshape the starting central midfield again...

Gerrard and Meireles in CM, Torres upfront... and build on that...

agreed on this, I do think we need a Hyypia II to pair with either Agger or Carragher. Hangelaand is a very good choice, I haven't seen Bruno Alves.

Simon Kjaer (Wolsburg)  £17m
Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus) £18m
Mamadou Sakho (Lyon i think) £12m

Id get rid of all of r current defenders (Soto, Skrtel, Agger & tell  Carra 2 retire) and bring Ayala back and have them 4 in a new look defense personally

After sales itd cost about £18-20mill but u have everything pace, power, dominance in the air, tough tackling, ability on the ball, experience and youth
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:42 pm

A quality left back
A commanding centre back
A creative midfielder
A creative winger
A quality striker

100 million should do it john boy. Get the credit card out pal :D
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TarnRed » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:28 pm

With Roy in charge:

------------------------------------Carroll-----------------------------------------------

--------------Thorn---------------Hnagelaand-----------Young---------------------------
Scales-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Phelan
-------------------Wise------------Jones---------------Gibson---------------------------
--------------------------Fashanu----------Cork------------------------------------------
TarnRed

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 am

PabloMedina28 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
we definitely need a striker but what type of striker would complement Torres? the strong in the air type like Drogba or the quick ones like Vela? is Wickham really that good? Ashley Young has got 1 year left on his contract and would be worth looking at.

Romelu Lukaku mate hes a young Drogba but will be twice teh player when hes Drogbas age. Hes only 17 but hes been tearing up the belguim league and hes more then good enough 4 the prem. I d love 2 c him alongside Torres. Hed cost about 15-18 million but worth every penny.

is he really good? such insane money for a 17 year old....
maypaxvobiscum

Postby rocky29 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:55 pm

RedSi35 wrote:A quality left back
A commanding centre back
A creative midfielder
A creative winger
A quality striker

100 million should do it john boy. Get the credit card out pal :D

well we get aqua back thats the creative midfielder no money spent. We go to man city and say give us 30million plus adam johnson for nando. So thats the winger. Then with the 30million you buy fabiano or suarez or benzema. So then we get 3 quality players without spending a penny. God im clever i think i am the special one   :D
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:01 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:
metalhead wrote:
aCe' wrote:Carragher is probably our best defender atm... and to be honest he's not good enough for a top4 side... Agger is a good all around player... You could probably get away with partnering him with a top CB who is aerially dominant and generally solid.. Skrtel, Greek are both not good enough and Wilson, Kelly arent ready yet... I'd personally get rid of Skrtel and look to bring in Bruno Alves to start with...

Assuming Torres stays and is fit, any forward we get will be sat on the bench while our starting 11 are still lacking a bit.. Going forward, with players like Gerrard, Torres, Cole, Meireles, Aquilani, Johnson... we should be somewhat okay if the tactics are right... Still, a backup forward is important given our lack of option buut i still consider a solid CB to be a priority..

A right winger would be brilliant... Jesus Navas springs to mind...

Konchesky... I've supported the guy since he came... made a few mistakes but has generally been okayish... I still think Aurelio is our best option at the position and if hes fit he'd be my first choice... Problem is, he never is... And if cash is still available after other areas have been improved then it makes sense improving in that area...

When it comes to midfield, we have Merieles, Gerrard, Aquilani who i consider to be top top players.. We also have Poulsen, Shelvey and Cole who can play the 3 central positions next season... We can certainly improve on the likes of Lucas, Poulsen and Spearing, but i wouldnt spend major money on trying to reshape the starting central midfield again...

Gerrard and Meireles in CM, Torres upfront... and build on that...

agreed on this, I do think we need a Hyypia II to pair with either Agger or Carragher. Hangelaand is a very good choice, I haven't seen Bruno Alves.

Simon Kjaer (Wolsburg)  £17m
Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus) £18m
Mamadou Sakho (Lyon i think) £12m

Id get rid of all of r current defenders (Soto, Skrtel, Agger & tell  Carra 2 retire) and bring Ayala back and have them 4 in a new look defense personally

After sales itd cost about £18-20mill but u have everything pace, power, dominance in the air, tough tackling, ability on the ball, experience and youth

Kjaer isn't the answer at CB - he had a very poor World Cup - don't rate him.
Chiellini - would prove to be another Italian failue if you ask me
Sakho - heard good reports about him so possibly.

If you are to read and believe today's papers then we may be requiring a new keeper, star striker and captain  :(
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby shabelle50 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:37 pm

What's the point in giving Roy x amount to spend on 'quality' when we'll probably still be in the bottom three in January, hardly a situation that is going to persude Europe's best to come to Anfield? If Roy can't get the best out of Cole, Gerrard, Torres and Meireles why does anyone think he'll do better with anyone else he can bring in? I would rather the owners ditched Roy the moment they repaid RBS so that this delusion about 'Roy turning it round' could have been put to bed once and for all.
shabelle50

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:30 pm

I know Roy doesnt like wingers, but it would great if we got a good natural winger. - Turan, Navas or Hazard would be great.

A striker wouldnt hurt either, but Ngog is not doing such a bad job at the moment.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby europian-kings » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Just watched the villarael game and that Nilmar looked prety decent upfront.

He signed from inter milan last year and apprently real madrid are now interested in him after getting 7 in 7 this season.

Looked a real good player, anybody know much about him?
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Keris » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:....but it would great if we got a good natural winger.

Agreed.
Would love to see Redmen taking on players.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:06 am

I hate to say I gotta agree with rocky29 :p ... But the reality is that we are still relying too much on Torres for goals. Ngog has been improving but is not IMHO yet dependable. I would like to see another established striker, someone who can score goals and also at the same time play alongside Torres since Roy still likes to switch to442. With that in mind I think agbanlahor fits this profile. He will be expensive no doubt, probably in the 20 million region, but I believe it's time for the new owners to start to show that they are serious about building a winning team...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:24 am

IMO we need Lukaku or Llorente, Sanchez, Turan/Young/Hulk and Taiwo. Only a lazy £60-70mil :D
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:44 am

We desperately need someone like Sanchez, but Udinese will not let him go for less than 20million.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion