In january window - Where do we strengthen?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:25 pm

I wouldnt give Roy a penny to spend. Sorry guys I rather have a bad season and save the money for the real manager to spend.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Agreed Reg!!!

Poulsen and Konchesky were signings made with Roys Fulham hat on!!  Not good enough for the Reds!
ICE-MAN

Postby aCe' » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:34 pm

brentd4 wrote:new left midfielder ( JUAN MATA ) valencia, 22year old,,,,  maybe round 15m

striker ( FERNANDO LLORENTE ) athletic bilbao, 25year old,,,,,, 15m + babel

thatd do me for january then we can really cut the dead wood and get bout 5 new quality players in

wanna send Babel to Athletic Bilbao ?! hahahaha

I agree with MetalHead btw...

4 players needed...  In order of importance :

1- CB
2- FW
3- Natural Winger
4- LB

And get Aquilani back ffs...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:49 pm

hope fully we will have someone else spending it come the time.
id like aguero or fabiano or someone of equal quality.then turan,adam johnson,cahill and defour.
striker has to be the priority over other positions.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby brentd4 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:53 pm

aCe' wrote:
brentd4 wrote:new left midfielder ( JUAN MATA ) valencia, 22year old,,,,  maybe round 15m

thatd do me for january then we can really cut the dead wood and get bout 5 new quality players in

wanna send Babel to Athletic Bilbao ?! hahahaha

I agree with MetalHead btw...

4 players needed...  In order of importance :

1- CB
2- FW
3- Natural Winger
4- LB

And get Aquilani back ffs...

why in order of importance do we need a cb. we hav agger carragher skrtel kyrgiakos ayala wilson mavinga,,, wise up we need a striker first and foremost, then a left winger, we hav babel, ( :censored:), or cole ( :censored: ) jovanovic ( not a left winger ) then maxi ( :censored: ),,,, next cm. cos lucas ( :censored: ) loved miereles in portugal but for us atm ( :censored: ) poulsen ( :censored: )

babel is awful. wind ur neck in we need to clear all these and more and sign even more to replace this dung
brentd4

Postby brentd4 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:55 pm

the censored stuf is (sh,ite) by the way
brentd4

Postby aCe' » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Carragher is probably our best defender atm... and to be honest he's not good enough for a top4 side... Agger is a good all around player... You could probably get away with partnering him with a top CB who is aerially dominant and generally solid.. Skrtel, Greek are both not good enough and Wilson, Kelly arent ready yet... I'd personally get rid of Skrtel and look to bring in Bruno Alves to start with...

Assuming Torres stays and is fit, any forward we get will be sat on the bench while our starting 11 are still lacking a bit.. Going forward, with players like Gerrard, Torres, Cole, Meireles, Aquilani, Johnson... we should be somewhat okay if the tactics are right... Still, a backup forward is important given our lack of option buut i still consider a solid CB to be a priority..

A right winger would be brilliant... Jesus Navas springs to mind...

Konchesky... I've supported the guy since he came... made a few mistakes but has generally been okayish... I still think Aurelio is our best option at the position and if hes fit he'd be my first choice... Problem is, he never is... And if cash is still available after other areas have been improved then it makes sense improving in that area...

When it comes to midfield, we have Merieles, Gerrard, Aquilani who i consider to be top top players.. We also have Poulsen, Shelvey and Cole who can play the 3 central positions next season... We can certainly improve on the likes of Lucas, Poulsen and Spearing, but i wouldnt spend major money on trying to reshape the starting central midfield again...

Gerrard and Meireles in CM, Torres upfront... and build on that...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:31 pm

that suarez looks like a quality striker how old is he?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:32 pm

aCe' wrote:Carragher is probably our best defender atm... and to be honest he's not good enough for a top4 side... Agger is a good all around player... You could probably get away with partnering him with a top CB who is aerially dominant and generally solid.. Skrtel, Greek are both not good enough and Wilson, Kelly arent ready yet... I'd personally get rid of Skrtel and look to bring in Bruno Alves to start with...

Assuming Torres stays and is fit, any forward we get will be sat on the bench while our starting 11 are still lacking a bit.. Going forward, with players like Gerrard, Torres, Cole, Meireles, Aquilani, Johnson... we should be somewhat okay if the tactics are right... Still, a backup forward is important given our lack of option buut i still consider a solid CB to be a priority..

A right winger would be brilliant... Jesus Navas springs to mind...

Konchesky... I've supported the guy since he came... made a few mistakes but has generally been okayish... I still think Aurelio is our best option at the position and if hes fit he'd be my first choice... Problem is, he never is... And if cash is still available after other areas have been improved then it makes sense improving in that area...

When it comes to midfield, we have Merieles, Gerrard, Aquilani who i consider to be top top players.. We also have Poulsen, Shelvey and Cole who can play the 3 central positions next season... We can certainly improve on the likes of Lucas, Poulsen and Spearing, but i wouldnt spend major money on trying to reshape the starting central midfield again...

Gerrard and Meireles in CM, Torres upfront... and build on that...

agreed on this, I do think we need a Hyypia II to pair with either Agger or Carragher. Hangelaand is a very good choice, I haven't seen Bruno Alves.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:19 am

Reg wrote:I wouldnt give Roy a penny to spend. Sorry guys I rather have a bad season and save the money for the real manager to spend.

This

In the Jan window we need around 4 new players, but first a new manager to buy them.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:52 am

glad the gossip has us linked with one of my options, llorente wud b awesome hope ther is some truth in this
brentd4

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:31 pm

aCe' wrote:A right winger would be brilliant... Jesus CHRISTsprings to mind...

Couldn't resist editing this one mate - sorry !

:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby mart » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:47 pm

aCe' wrote:A right winger would be brilliant... Jesus Navas springs to mind...

Jesus Navas is a really bad idea.

I think we are better off waiting until next summer for a big spending spree, but we could try to get Benzema from Real Madrid as he is not playing much.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Agree with those two, but I don't think Roy has the clout to bring players of this pedigree into the club. Probably doesn't even know who they are tbh.

Mata would cost us more than 15 million, and Llorente likewise.

Dzsudzsak is a talented left winger and young too. Again, I don't think we stand a chance in signing these kind of players with Hodgson in charge. I wouldn't give him 50p to spend nevermind 50 mill.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:20 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:we do not need a GK. end of.

neither do we need a CB? we've got Carra, Agger, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Wilson and i think Mavinga is also a CB.

getting a LB is massively important as we've got one who isnt good enough while another is like a mimosa. Baines?

sell Poulson and Lucas and get a proper DM. keep Spearing for the home grown quota.

shift Cole to the right and get a left winger instead. Babel and Maxi can be sold. or if the new manager insists on playing Cole on the left, someone like Turan, Danijel Pranjic or Marko Marin would be perfect.

we definitely need a striker but what type of striker would complement Torres? the strong in the air type like Drogba or the quick ones like Vela? is Wickham really that good? Ashley Young has got 1 year left on his contract and would be worth looking at.

Romelu Lukaku mate hes a young Drogba but will be twice teh player when hes Drogbas age. Hes only 17 but hes been tearing up the belguim league and hes more then good enough 4 the prem. I d love 2 c him alongside Torres. Hed cost about 15-18 million but worth every penny.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion