How did roy do this transfer window?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

How did roy do this transfer window?

He did extremely well: we will be up there challenging for the title
5%
He did well: we will at least be in the top 4
20%
He did OKAY: we brought in two good players but still no striker, we might struggle to finish 4th
56%
He didn't do well: not bringing another striker is a big mistake, we will improve from last season's position, probably 6th
17%
He failed: WTF still no striker? mid-table mediocrity here we come
2%

Total votes : 88

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Option 2 for me, reckon he made some good signings.

Joe Cole is obviously always gonna get the fans excited because he's such a good talent. He'll do just fine here.

Meralis (sp?) - from what I've seen of him he looks a fine player to me, this deal was done quickly too, Roy knew he wanted this fella for a while.

Konchesky - jury's out on this one but we needed an experienced left back and Roy went out and bought...  wait for it... an experienced left back. go figure. Now I aint saying he's the best player in the world but given the opportunity I think he might just suprise a few people and nail a solid place in our team for a couple of years.

Jova - well he was Rafa's really but he looks like a good player too so far.

As for a striker, Roy must be confident in Torres staying fit and that is a big gamble but Roy has faith in the backroom staff, the football science team, the medical team he has. One thing is for sure, Torres's training set up will have changed so he might just stay fit and not get repeated injurys. If they know how to treat him and know how to train him properly he'll feature in more games this season than last season.

between now and January he will be on the sniff for a striker to take some of the pressure off Torres for the second half of the season, no doubt and if it comes off then that is clever by Roy

so option 2 it is for me. Well done Roy.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm sure Torres was getting injured playing for Spain or while playing for Liverpool during games - can't remember him getting injured during training so not sure how a different training method will stop him getting injured so much
Benny The Noon

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Lee J wrote:Option 2 for me, reckon he made some good signings.

Joe Cole is obviously always gonna get the fans excited because he's such a good talent. He'll do just fine here.

Meralis (sp?) - from what I've seen of him he looks a fine player to me, this deal was done quickly too, Roy knew he wanted this fella for a while.

Konchesky - jury's out on this one but we needed an experienced left back and Roy went out and bought...  wait for it... an experienced left back. go figure. Now I aint saying he's the best player in the world but given the opportunity I think he might just suprise a few people and nail a solid place in our team for a couple of years.

Jova - well he was Rafa's really but he looks like a good player too so far.

As for a striker, Roy must be confident in Torres staying fit and that is a big gamble but Roy has faith in the backroom staff, the football science team, the medical team he has. One thing is for sure, Torres's training set up will have changed so he might just stay fit and not get repeated injurys. If they know how to treat him and know how to train him properly he'll feature in more games this season than last season.

between now and January he will be on the sniff for a striker to take some of the pressure off Torres for the second half of the season, no doubt and if it comes off then that is clever by Roy

so option 2 it is for me. Well done Roy.

Is our new managers name Roy by any chance :D ?
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:25 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I'm sure Torres was getting injured playing for Spain or while playing for Liverpool during games - can't remember him getting injured during training so not sure how a different training method will stop him getting injured so much

:laugh:
that's classic.
matt_liverpool

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

well considering only united and city have spent more than us i'd say he's done a lot better than expected. at one stage it looked like torres and gerrard could possibly both go and then in the space of one whirlwind week both decided to stay and joe cole signed. raul mereiles will be an excellent player for us imo and konchesky will be solid if not spectacular. we still could have done with another striker though. that was the most disappointing thing i think.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 pm

matt_liverpool wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:I'm sure Torres was getting injured playing for Spain or while playing for Liverpool during games - can't remember him getting injured during training so not sure how a different training method will stop him getting injured so much

that's classic.

I'm sure I will regret this but please do explain what the problem is now
Benny The Noon

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
matt_liverpool wrote:

that's classic.

I'm sure I will regret this but please do explain what the problem is now

it's ok. Let's just end this now.  :)
matt_liverpool

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Just as I thought - you have no answer to how different training stops a player getting injured during a game our on international duty
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Like a pair of fecking kids you two. FFS give it a rest and stop talking b0ll0cks.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Just as I thought - you have no answer to how different training stops a player getting injured during a game our on international duty

FFS.. you will never learn, will you ? :laugh:

Someone please educate this guy on 'Effect of training on your match fitness and performance'.  :laugh:
matt_liverpool

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:53 pm

i think we've done well in the transfer window. We've imprioved the squad in some key areas and (hopefully) found a proper relacement for Alonso in the form of Mereiles.

I think Roy still has money to spend (10 million?) but he clearly understands that's precious cash. I think the reason we haven't signed a 2nd striker lies in the fact that everyone pushed up their prices 30% when they heard we were interested.

13 million for Cole?  ???

So far so good.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 pm

Ciggy wrote:Is our new managers name Roy by any chance :D ?

Yes, yes I think it is Ciggy, well spotted.  :D

Benny - your not been serious are you ? of course training methods effect your game.  :lookaround
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Off course they effect your game Lee but how do they stop you getting injured while playing and how do they stop you getting injured while away with Spain - if Torres got his injuries while training i would understand but he doesn't - he gets them while playing and while also being rushed back because we have no viable alternative to him .
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:25 pm

yeah ok benny.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:29 pm

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion