Jan '10 transfer window - ...who are we being linked with..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:07 am

Haven't seen a thread for this (mods - if I err, please delete and let me know), so I thought I'd start one in any case...

Seems to be a few players out there touting around for a club, or else agents spouting off to the press on the hunt for a few quid !

Anyways, here's the first in this looooooooonnnngggggg (I expect  :D ) thread !

Werder Bremen fear losing Chelsea, Liverpool target Hunt
13.11.09 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Premier League
Werder Bremen are battling to secure Premier League target Aaron Hunt to a new deal.

The Daily Mail says Chelsea, Manchester United, City and Liverpool are all interested in the German-born player, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

The 23-year-old has started the season impressively, scoring in five of his last six matches, and has even been monitored by the FA with a view to him being part of the England set-up, qualifying because his mother is English. However, Hunt has committed himself to the Germany national team.

That hasn't put off England's top clubs going for him and his agent Karlheinz Forster admitted: "There is interest from Germany and abroad, from big clubs, we are not talking about mediocre clubs."

Werder Bremen are expected to open talks over a new deal in December, but manager Klaus Allofs has admitted: "We will prepare an offer, but if there are higher offers from other clubs it could be difficult for us."
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 am

West Ham want big money for striker Cole
13.11.09 | Ian Ferris
READ MORE NEWS ON: Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham, Premier League, Gianfranco Zola
Cash strapped West Ham will demand £20million from Liverpool for Carlton Cole, reports the Daily Mail.

Although boss Gianfranco Zola is desperate to hang on to his star man, the Hammers are under pressure to sell in the New Year.

They are now owned by Icelandic investment bank Straumur, who have to satisfy creditors themselves.

Cole, who signed a new five-year contract last year, turned 26 on Thursday, and has emerged as one of the Barclays Premier League top strikers after reigniting his career under former Chelsea team-mate Zola.
bunglemark2

Postby footballcrystal7 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:12 am

Have not got time to  type full message, but was listening to the Robinho news on the radio. Now I know he is trouble, has a big ego, but I believe he is the perfect signing for you. It would be a massive gamble, but quite frankly you need one.

The question is whether City would be stupid enough to sell him to CL spot rivals and if Barca come in for him. In my opinion he is the only top player you have any chance of affording.
footballcrystal7

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:58 am

footballcrystal7 wrote:Have not got time to  type full message, but was listening to the Robinho news on the radio. Now I know he is trouble, has a big ego, but I believe he is the perfect signing for you. It would be a massive gamble, but quite frankly you need one.

The question is whether City would be stupid enough to sell him to CL spot rivals and if Barca come in for him. In my opinion he is the only top player you have any chance of affording.

Ehhhhhhh, No.
Simply put, No.
bunglemark2

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:45 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
footballcrystal7 wrote:Have not got time to  type full message, but was listening to the Robinho news on the radio. Now I know he is trouble, has a big ego, but I believe he is the perfect signing for you. It would be a massive gamble, but quite frankly you need one.

Ehhhhhhh, No.
Simply put, No.

so that's a no then!! :laugh:
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Benny The Noon

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:25 pm

I wouldn't mind Cole, but not for £20m. Another example of a player that we might have bought a few years ago for next to nothing, but we wait until a club that has their grubby little paws on wants the earth for them.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Ehhhhhhh, No.
Simply put, No.

Yep, that'd be a No ! A feckin' "No, Ted !"   :D
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Did I read a turds'day rumour yesterday that spuds reject Pavlyuchenko is a loan target for Liverpool?!?!?! WTF? Spudz had Bent and Defoe, we get Keane and Pavlyuchenko (assuming it is both remotely true and happens)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Owzat wrote:Did I read a turds'day rumour yesterday that spuds reject Pavlyuchenko is a loan target for Liverpool?!?!?! WTF? Spudz had Bent and Defoe, we get Keane and Pavlyuchenko (assuming it is both remotely true and happens)

Yeah. allegedly it was true, but he said himself his next move is to Russia only. Nowhere else.
Read it on tribalfootball.com
bunglemark2

Postby brentd4 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

i wudnt mind pavlyuchenko on loan even to end of year, never know i think he cud b good, and cud probly get him for reasonable money. £20m for cole to much in my opinion.
brentd4

Postby footballcrystal7 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Ehhhhhhh, No.
Simply put, No.

Yep, that'd be a No ! A feckin' "No, Ted !"   :D

Wow a bit surprised by the strong reaction. At the end of the day you guys need a top class creative player on the wing, who can at a push play upfront. Robinho playing in his first season in a struggling team still got 14 league goals. He can break teams down in the tight matches and produce that bit of class to win the big games. He would probably be even cheaper than the likes of Cole or any else you would want.

With your money problems you either buy a troubled world class talent and hope to turn him around with Robinho being the only one, who is available. Buy a very talented youngster and hope he is the next Ronaldo and not Babel. This situation would not exactly help so much in the present. Buy a good player on the same level as Kuyt or Riera, who probably wont be good enough for you to win the league with.
Last edited by footballcrystal7 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footballcrystal7

Postby GOAT » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:23 pm

20mil for carlton cole hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:26 pm

GOAT wrote:20mil for carlton cole hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby maguskwt » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:34 pm

so isn't this thread another incarnation of the rumour mill thread?  :shifty
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion